Browser Downloads always fail.

Guest billybiro

Guest billybiro

Hi,

I'm running t&l Metal Rom (AOSP) with original kernel.

Every time I try to download a file via the built-in web browser, it consistently fails. This is irrespective of the file size or type, clicking on a web page link that links to a file (for example, a PDF) launches the "downloads" app (which can be accessed independently from the apps menu) and proceeds to try to download the file.

Every time, the download will fail.

FYI, I'm running Link2SD to move some apps to the SD Card, but I'm not trying to do anything clever like moving internal/system apps or even any apps with any kind of widget/homescreen interface. Not sure if this has anything to do with the problem, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Does anyone know why downloads are consistently failing and how I can fix it so that they work?

Thanks in advance.

Guest billybiro

stock browser sucks, use opera mobile

Thanks for your reply, and whilst what you say may well be true, it doesn't really address the problem.

Apart from this issue, I'm perfectly happy with the stock browser, and I'd prefer to continue being able to use it without having to install further applications (mostly unnecessary applications) on to the phone (I like to run lean and mean with the bare minimum of apps installed).

Do you have an answer as to why the downloads within the stock browser are failing and how I can get them to work?

Thanks.

Guest chemicalbuz

Thanks for your reply, and whilst what you say may well be true, it doesn't really address the problem.

Apart from this issue, I'm perfectly happy with the stock browser, and I'd prefer to continue being able to use it without having to install further applications (mostly unnecessary applications) on to the phone (I like to run lean and mean with the bare minimum of apps installed).

Do you have an answer as to why the downloads within the stock browser are failing and how I can get them to work?

Thanks.

i don't know why it doesn't work, but lot of users have same issue with stock browser, probably cause it is simply not good. Opera will use less than 1mb if moved to sd, so don't worry about install it

Edited by chemicalbuz

Guest scotth324

I never had a problem with the stock browser at all but I also use a different browser now. I'm using Boat Browser Mini. It works very very well and I prefer it over Opera or Dolphin. Give it a try. Its different off the start but very fast and simple to get to know.

Guest Redflake

Hi,

I'm running t&l Metal Rom (AOSP) with original kernel.

Every time I try to download a file via the built-in web browser, it consistently fails. This is irrespective of the file size or type, clicking on a web page link that links to a file (for example, a PDF) launches the "downloads" app (which can be accessed independently from the apps menu) and proceeds to try to download the file.

Every time, the download will fail.

FYI, I'm running Link2SD to move some apps to the SD Card, but I'm not trying to do anything clever like moving internal/system apps or even any apps with any kind of widget/homescreen interface. Not sure if this has anything to do with the problem, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Does anyone know why downloads are consistently failing and how I can fix it so that they work?

Thanks in advance.

Get Download all files apk from the market then all will work ok.