Bluetooth Keyboards available for GN

Guest Tibow

Hello all,

As I'm often trolling here and there for work, using my Gnex with a BT keyboard sounds like a good option to avoid carrying around a laptop.

I'm trying to find a compact (not too small) keyboard and connect it via bluetooth.

Good match would be the BT keyboard from apple ( http://www.apple.com/keyboard/ ) but I went into an apple store and it wasn't detected by my GNEX (employee disconnected it from iMac before I tried of course...)

Any advice to see if there's solution to connect this apple keyboard to the GNEX ( w/o any additionnal app) or if there's a trick to do so.

Or any general recommandations for small, silent and good BT keyboards ?

Thanks in advance.

T.

Guest crisdo98

thanks for this question. I just remembered I had a iGo Stowaway keyboard that would just never work with my HTC Desire.. just pulled it out and after a few troubles getting the pair code to work I now have a pretty awesome foldaway keyboard.

This is the exact model I have and it really works a treat. Typing emails, backspace and esc (back) all work fine as does navigating through the homescreen. haven't tried it with anything else other than Xtreme Trials 2 (space works for power/jump but there is no separate power button so you just bounce and accelerate all over the place).

Here is a link to an ebay item ... I recall I paid £18 for mine and it was pretty cheap back then.. maybe offer this guy to end the auction early or try find something similar elsewhere.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Think-Outside-iGo-Model-XTBT101-Stowaway-Folding-Universal-Bluetooth-Keyboard-/110826678369?pt=UK_iPad_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item19cdc8e861

If you want me to test something specific let me know.

Cheers,

Chris

Guest SilentMobius

I have the Apple BT keyboard and while I've had variable results across different devices I can confirm that the current Modaco GN build does pair and connect, both the phone and the KB need to be discoverable though.

I have the Apple BT keyboard and while I've had variable results across different devices I can confirm that the current Modaco GN build does pair and connect, both the phone and the KB need to be discoverable though.

Yeah, I've bought one and it paired nicely w/o any problems

Only problem I had was making it works as AZERTY (had alrdy same problems with USB appel azerty keyboard), an app on market fixed the problem

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Knutars

I've successfully hooked up my Logitech diNovo mini to my GN. Not that I would recommend it, just to let you know it actually works.