Need replacement camera for ZTE Blade

Guest azentner

Guest azentner

Last week my Micro USB socket broke (bent/broken pin), so I gave it to a local lab to fix. The next day the phone was back and the USB works just fine.

Two days later when I'm trying to scan a QR code, I noticed that the camera is totally ruined. The camera lens is all grey/foggy and you can't see a thing with it, you can either see "dark fog" or "light fog" depending on the lighting conditions. :o

I went back to the lab, and they played dumb saying that they have no idea what happened to the camera. But out of good will he's willing to open it up again for free, and try to fix it or replace the part. We opened it up and couldn't fix the problem, the camera seems totally shot. If I get the part, he'll replace it for me.

I tried contacting ZTE in China, but they said that I'll have to contact the retailer who sold me the phone. This is not an option for me, as I bought it in the UK but don't live there. Besides, I understood that Orange UK charge pretty high prices for fixes out of warranty.

Does anyone have a ZTE Blade Camera lying around the house that they don't need? Perhaps a phone that died a while back?

I'm willing to take it off your hands for free, to help you make space on your desk ;), or pay a symbolic price for it (because the whole phone is pretty cheap, and I've already invested 40$ in fixing the USB).

Thanks.

I've attached before and after photos, so you can see that I'm not just imagining the slight quality degregation. :P

post-908490-0-41189800-1329644054_thumb.

post-908490-0-58299000-1329644071_thumb.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Snap.IT

40 Dollars?

you can buy a new one in China.

$40 will get you a better phone in Sweden and we take pride in overpricing almost everything except healthcare.