BBC iPlayer and Flash

Guest Andymac1969

Guest Andymac1969

Just wondering if anyone is having problems using these now? I have logicmod on my Skate and neither the iplayer nor flash work, I have tried Flash player 10 and 11 from this forum, the iplayer does not work for embedded videos either.

On my Blade, the flash player and iplayer work, but they only play the first second of a clip and then return back to the iplayer menu, I have re-flashed and tried to sort, but to no avail, anyone having the same issues or is it just me? EDIT: I have also tried the iplayer with all the quality settings, still no joy.

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Andymac1969

Guest JThumar

Yes just checked iplayer does not work on Logic Mod ...... sad.gifsad.gif

Just wondering if anyone is having problems using these now? I have logicmod on my Skate and neither the iplayer nor flash work, I have tried Flash player 10 and 11 from this forum, the iplayer does not work for embedded videos either.

On my Blade, the flash player and iplayer work, but they only play the first second of a clip and then return back to the iplayer menu, I have re-flashed and tried to sort, but to no avail, anyone having the same issues or is it just me? EDIT: I have also tried the iplayer with all the quality settings, still no joy.

Regards

Andrew

Guest Voxpop2011

Flash works okay with iPlayer, albeit a bit jerky. Apparently there is other software that can be installed to smooth this out, but as I do not really watch content on small screens I am not that bothered.

Guest kevjames
... On my Blade, the flash player and iplayer work, but they only play the first second of a clip and then return back to the iplayer menu, I have re-flashed and tried to sort, but to no avail, anyone having the same issues or is it just me? EDIT: I have also tried the iplayer with all the quality settings, still no joy ...

Using stock Orange Rom - rooted and unlocked - and the iplayer, flash versions from this forum - I too have an issue with some (not all) videos only playing for a second before exiting. tried bothg flash versions - makes no difference.

Try changing cpu settings to noop it makes it work for me?

Using noop and it is not working on LogicMod ROM. Too bad, Dolby + Bravia would make this ROM ideal for iplayer.

• 4 months later...
Guest kevjames

Been using the iplayer and flash versions from this forum on stock Orange Rom - rooted and unlocked. Now I'm getting a forced update message from iplayer which of course cannot be found.

Is there a way to stop this update message because it stops me runnning iplayer. If I clear app data in the Manage apps utility, I can use iplayer again but next time you run it - the update message appears again !!!

Or is there a new hacked armv6 version of iplayer available ??

Guest kevjames

OK. since February, I've been using ...

BBC IPlayer Version 1.0.4 (bbc.iplayer.android-1.apk)

Adobe Flash Player 10.3 (flash_player 10.3 armv6.apk)

on an Orange Monte Carlo with stock Orange Rom that has been rooted and unlocked.

I've had NO issues until this week when suddenly the IPlayer app demands to be updated!

As I've said, I can clear the apps data and use the app as before - but the next time you run the app, the update message comes back.

I'm assuming the IPlayer app is getting told by the BBC to update - but of course a standard update for a hacked app on an unsupported platform is not going to work. So, does anyone know how to solve this new quirk?

Please note that the existing hacked IPlayer app STILL works - now you just have to ignore the update message, laboriously clear the apps data and then run it again - EVERY TIME!

EDIT: Actually I can just hit the power button when I see the update message, instead of messily clearing data or killing the task BUT you have to do it every time now.

This is the screen I get when I run iPlayer ...

pic1.jpg

I've googled for the text of this message and found NOTHING !

The two white text boxes below the message say 'Download Now' and 'Cancel' - my camera exposure bleached them out.

This is the screen if I select 'Download Now' ...

pic2.jpg

which is not surprising, since if I manually try and install the BBC IPlayer from the Google Play Store, I get told "Your device isn't compatible with this version". So the version of iPlayer I've been using since February from this site must have been hacked in some way.

Also, I am assuming it IS the IPlayer app that is suddenly now after all this time, submitting the update request and not the flash player.

Please does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Edited by kevjames

Guest mifran

+1 to that I had just got a bigger sd card and formated it to apps2sd so i re-installed the the iplayer and flash and keep getting this message and I am on a de-oranginated orange rom. The play back is cr#p anyway the eurosport tveo app works flawlessly so the problem is with the BBC programmers

Guest Andy725

Same problem here. Not only that, it worked flawlessly before, now its choppy like a slide show and i get the message "this video is not optimized for mobile phones" on every video.