unlimited fps

Guest chemicalbuz

Guest chemicalbuz

hi mates, i read (here on modaco in huawei x5 section) that to unlock fps limit on adreno205 we have just to add debug.gr.swapinterval=0 in /system/build.prop file...did someone tried it yet on metal?

Guest chemicalbuz

just read several topics, it improves fps but results in animation glitches ;)

i tried it on cm but it seems doesn't work (just test antutu results before and after), but i think it is normal cause cm is quite different from stock roms right?

Guest chemicalbuz

on xda they are saying that there is another better method:

Originally Posted by Flo95 View Post

Won't we get graphical glitches with that?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Yes, we do. However, there's a better method of unlocking the FPS, that is turning off vsync.

There's an entry in debugfs that allowed this but DooMLord removed debugging stuff in his kernel is it wouldn't work anymore. The following code, after mounting debugfs, when executed in install-recovery.sh (or init.d) should do the trick.

Code:

echo '0' > /sys/kernel/debug/msm_fb/0/vsync_enable

There WILL be slight tearing but it won't be as serious as setting swapinterval to 0, think of it as playing games on your PC without vertical sync. Plus, because of there isn't any frames to be delayed, touch response would be increased too.

Use swapinterval=0 set work GPU with out any limits. GPU render frames w\o feedback lcd matrix. GPU work at 100% load.

But....you not see all frames. And UI not more smooth, its fact, I try it. You only drain your battery. And get bugs UI. Yes, with this trick and max OC GPU@380mhz I can see 250fps in Gears. But this only digits. This level fps not seen.

Its no way to resolve fps cap.

Well, we have not good lcd controller Novatek. HTC EVO 4G have same controller and have same 53fps wall cap. (google: Novatek fps hack, XDA)

Maybe vendor can do something with fps cap, but I dont think that possible.

We not lucky. :(

I hope in new ver kernel Marco apply last research tweak\hack kernel to up fps at 53. ;)

I think thats all what we can do now.

Edited by Genrix

Guest chemicalbuz

Use swapinterval=0 set work GPU with out any limits. GPU render frames w\o feedback lcd matrix. GPU work at 100% load.

But....you not see all frames. And UI not more smooth, its fact, I try it. You only drain your battery. And get bugs UI. Yes, with this trick and max OC GPU@380mhz I can see 250fps in Gears. But this only digits. This level fps not seen.

Its no way to resolve fps cap.

Well, we have not good lcd controller Novatek. HTC EVO 4G have same controller and have same 53fps wall cap. (google: Novatek fps hack, XDA)

Maybe vendor can do something with fps cap, but I dont think that possible.

We not lucky. :(

I hope in new ver kernel Marco apply last research tweak\hack kernel to up fps at 53. ;)

I think thats all what we can do now.

i think 53 fps is enough ;)