sensation vs sensation xe, confused!?

Guest Namtaffy

Guest Namtaffy

they're in 1 forum here and over at XDA. Are they the same? will all roms work on either etc? I ask as I have been away from android for a few years and am taking delivery of an XE tomorrow

also, one of the things that attracted me to the XE is the decision HTC took to support the community and unlock the bootloader. Does doing this still invalidate the warranty? if it does is there a way to put it back to stock (so they don't know it's been messed with) ? I briefly played with an sgs 2 last year and needed a "usb dongle" to reset the custom rom count

cheers :)

Hi, they are exactly the sames, the diferences are the CPU @ 1.5Ghz instead of 1.2Ghz, the battery (1700mAh instead of 1520) and you will have better sound with the Sensation XE ... but all the ROM working for Sensation will work for XE ;)

Edited by HoM3r

Guest steini81

If you unlock the bootloader with the original HTC method you will loose part of your warrenty forever because you have to give them the IMEI number of the phone. Another problem is that you can not flash boot.img with their method but there allready is a workaround for this.

You better unlock it with revolutionary so that you can flash boot.img without any problems and can go back to stock if you have to send it to HTC.

You can flash all Sensation roms on both phones they work on normal and XE.

Most Customroms are made from a XE base with beats audio and higher CPU clock.

Edited by steini81