[Updated : 8th March][GEN2] Kernel Update for CM7 and Stock Based Custom Rom

Guest burstlam

Guest matje103

These kernels are compiled from the latest 2.6.35 Kernel Source for Gingerbread ROM by ZTE Corp.

Those who suffered from not working Sensors and Cameras should get them work properly with them.

The upgrade process would update Wifi Firmware also which is need to get wifi work with it.

Suitable for : GEN2 Blade V880, Chinese Blades (tested)

V880+(not tested)

Features :

- Overclocking

- Swap and ZRAM enabled

- CPU Governors : Smartass2(Default) InteractiveX Lagfree MinMAX SavagedZen Ondemand Conservative Powersave Performance

- I/O scheduler : Simple IO (Default) VR, NOOP, BFQ

- RCU : Tiny RCU

- 2way Incall PCM Recording

NOTE : No Undervolt (Both WIFI and CPU) : they are not running good on the Blades generally.

Installation : Flash with CWMRecovery (No need to Wipe)

Hi Burstlam,

Thanks for you kernel work, I have a dutch zte blade 5 mp version and tried your new kernel patch for Swedish Snow. The camera shows an inverted image, when I take a picture it force closes. My camera sensor information (based on my stock rom, dialercode info):

post-957519-0-70240400-1330167305_thumb. post-957519-0-65156200-1330167309_thumb. post-957519-0-03184200-1330167323_thumb. post-957519-0-58226000-1330167326_thumb.

ID:0x2880

Nmae:MT9P111-5.0Mp-AF

I also added my dmesg. One after booting the camera and one after taking a picture and force closing.

dmesg.txt

dmesg2.txt

Hope this helps.

Edited by matje103

Guest youngsta2010

For broken WiFi you can flash WBAWs kernel (worked for me):

That kernel is for CM7. You probably should have linked to the thread or explained in your post, save people the trouble. It was a good job I did a search and found the CM7 thread on XDA.

Edited by youngsta2010

That kernel is for CM7. You probably should have linked to the thread or explained in your post, save people the trouble. It was a good job I did a search and found the CM7 thread on XDA.

file name "boot-wbaw-cm7-gen2-blade120223.zip" explains everything - it's for CM7 and GEN2

I maintain a remix of MMHMP9 for my personal consumption and I want to find out how to replace the old kernel of MMHMP9 in ROM installation zip with this one (I flashed it to my SF already and everything seemes OK, but I want to have ROM zip file with this kernel already baked in). Now I have extracted kernel zip, but can't figure out what files go where. Could anyone elaborate a bit? :)

Guest KonstaT

Guys can I use this kernel with miuiblader.......:lol:

No, ICS needs a touchscreen fix in the kernel.

Hi all!

Will this kenel fix the issues with apps like skype and viber?

No, it's not a kernel issue.

Guest youngsta2010

Any chance of utilizing the GPU OC from WBAW's kernel? I don't quite understand it but he seems to have doubled GPU speed.

forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22863826&postcount=74

forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22863704&postcount=72

forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22887053&postcount=92

Edited by youngsta2010

Guest Akash P
Any chance of utilizing the GPU OC from WBAW's kernel? I don't quite understand it but he seems to have doubled GPU speed.

forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22863826&postcount=74

forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22863704&postcount=72

forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22887053&postcount=92

Damn Wbaw is doing some serious work! Wish he was still at Modaco.

Guest aggregator

Wifi does not work for me neither, with the new kernel and wifi driver. "Scanning...connecting...disconnected."

I have a Linksys WAG54GS router, WPA2-PSK encryption.

The rom is wbaw's build (cm-7.2.0-blade-KANG-wbaw-120225), and it has this kernel.

Here's a logcat log from boot, might help something.

logcat.txt

Edited by aggregator

Guest cowscrubber

Is there a way to include this in CM7 zips? I don't want to reflash this everytime I update roms.

Do I just copy and overwrite the files in the CM7 zip?

Guest matje103

Is there anything more I can do or test? I know lot's of people still aren't relieved from their camera issues.. I would gladly help!

P.s. I noted that third party apps (such as barcode scanners and camera apps) can use the camera to make photo's. Pudding camera is able to snap photo's without force closing, the standard camera app does. Thus, all third party apps still show an inverted image.

Guest Akash P

Why what happens did he leave.....

You really dont wanna know. Things got really ugly and heated up to such an extent that he was banned permanently. You can still follow him over at xda.

Edited by Akash P

Guest kamal_saran

You really dont wanna know. Things got really ugly and heated up to such an extent that he was banned permanently. You can still follow him over at xda.

Yeah I know that he is at xda....that's why I was wondering That he was not on Modaco.....btw what happened.........:huh:

Guest cowscrubber

New update for CM 7 kangs from Burstlam's Chinese forum:

(Fixes black screen during calls, and WIFI)

http://www.mediafire...qifdo3ffw1cc9g5

(that file was reuploaded because the original host was too slow.)

Google translated description:

The international version of source code update: (1) [February 29] WIFI and call black fixes (N359X/N361X began applicable)

Fix black screen calls, but should be applicable to the relationship between light perception own CM menu> Display self-enabled.

Remember to choose a time to reset the threshold, if there is a need to use editors to adjust itself to changes in value.

From the sense of first in the calibration software, the original value, restart the phone and then re-calibration like.

Do not know how to be considered for a long time to call a black screen, my first generation of oranges, 10 minutes of talk is not black.

TOMG found can be used to connect the G / N mode key to the ~ updates can be connected to the G mode.

Edited by cowscrubber