[CANCELED] Endavour@Pyramid | Sense 4 | BETA 004

Guest TripNRaVeR

ayo trip,

I'm getting frequent freezing, whenever i open the app drawer or some apps. it seems to happen randomly.

Is this normal? I understand it is a beta but ive heard people are smooth? :s

thanks!

Guest rajackar

Bluetooth doesn´t work. I can enable it but I can not pair with my car.

Hmm, is anyone else experiencing this? I was thinking of flashing this rom because it has functioning BT if if that's not the case there is no real point in flashing it.

7229 score AnTuTu benchmark with 1.728 GHz overclocked and undervolted kernel 3.0.16 SebastianFM, Phone normal temp, Battery good so far, no problems with apps at this stage except gps, 2100 m is as close as gets to my actual location.

Apparently everything is working

This is a great ROM and shows what Sense 4 will mean for us. It is big, and built from the only base available...so of course it resembles the Virtuous one. Functionality here, though, seems more complete. There are a few interface issues yet to be resolved. I list my observations here:

Issues with appearance in TripNRaver Endeavor B003

1. Menu button opens (e.g., on the test screen of Quadrant) for no reason

2. Images in the controls on the drawer are frequently obliterated, but reappear when touched

3. People widget is too tall - the bottom row is partially obscured by the dock.

4. In weather app, the two fragments which show the movie of the weather and the forecast are too tall. The movie covers the forecast, since it is redrawn frequently.

5. Facebook is not an available account type in Friendstream.

6. There is no way to access previous apps (HTC's fault, I think; Virtuous uses a mod by Shnizlon to tie it to long-press of Search key.)

7. Occasionally glitches appear in transitions between screens or on objects (example: the floating pointer boxes on the welcome page in Chrome Beta).

Speed, overall stability, battery friendliness, smoothness- these are are all outstanding.

Thanks again, Trip!

Yrs,

dkeppy

Lol this isnt base off virtious, why the hell would anyone want to base a rom on there stuff :lol:

Good point :)

No, I meant that both ROMs are working from the same leaked HTC base...

Guest dunc001

Haven't been able to test BT yet as I'm not in the car which has the BT car kit in - was hoping this would work as in the other ROM (the one which must not be named...) phone pairs and states connected on phone but doesn't actually connect to car kit or function. Is it the same here?

Also, GPS not working - showing in Settings as enabled but whenever any app is opened that requires GPS I get an error message saying GPS not enabled or it jumps straight to the settings page (where GPS already shows as on but it's not).

Automotive Home apks not resized but have them from...

BTW, the Schizlon Recent Apps fix mentioned hijacks the search key completely so you can't longpress to access voice search, it only acts as a short press to Recent Apps and no longpress function anymore. It's just a one line edit in the kl file. I was trying to track down the onKeyLongPress code in the smali files (android.policy.jar, framework.jar) but it all appears quite a bit different to GB so no luck :( Also couldn't seem to get statusbar smali edits to work to hide battery icon and clock, again much changed :(

Guest solracarevir

Lol this isnt base off virtious, why the hell would anyone want to base a rom on there stuff :lol:

Damn Trip! I'm Using Virtuous Rom cause I think you wasn't developing this Rom anymore since it's not available anymore on RootzWiki, tonight I'm flashing this one! your Roms always better than Virtuous

Guest shapiroxp

I've installed this rom, used your personal KERNEL, and installed ICS GAPPS , and after the Beats logo, it stays stuck on the HTC logo, it's been over 20 minutes now.

I've installed this rom, used your personal KERNEL, and installed ICS GAPPS , and after the Beats logo, it stays stuck on the HTC logo, it's been over 20 minutes now.

Maybe because you flashed gapps and a separate kernel

Guest down4life

Actually with Trip's Endeavor rom I didn't flash any gapps or kernel.

Superwipe, and check if download is ok. Didnt have any problems with flashing.

Btw bt can be switched on but not paired.