SII bluetooth kills Ford Audio on connection

Guest travisb

Guest travisb

Got an 11 plate Mondeo with the Sony DAB unit in it, and my Galaxy SII conected fine with the handsfree and voice dialling. Then all of a sudden last week as soon as the car connected to my phone, I got an Audio Mute sign on the dashboard and the stereo went dead on all inputs (CD, Radio, Aux). All I had was the clock. Tried starting the car and the car wouldn't connect to the phone and I still only had the clock on the stereo.

I've tried deleting the connection and re-pairing with the same results. Eventually I sussed out that I could get the stereo working again by holding the on/off switch in for 30 seconds, but if I had the bluetooth on the phone switched on, the same thing happens.

Tried with my Mrs Crackberry, and that works fine.

I've not flashed a ROM or done anything that should mangle the Bluetooth - I'm rooted with Paul's original MCR for the SII, and like I said all worked fine until last week.

I can't imagine any App updates that would disrupt the Bluetooth to that extent.

Anyone any ideas

• 4 weeks later...
Guest austinanderson

Hi, I know you're a car lover and updated with any techno-application in vehicles, i would just like to share information. It is found out that the arrival of handheld cellular devices has opened many brand new dangers for distracted drivers. According to the National Safety Council, 28 percent of all road accidents last year included drivers using cellular phones or other handheld devices. A hot topic in the news, most are quick to call for stiffer regulations. But Ford Motors has been working on OpenXC, a high-tech app platform for use when driving. For more information: Ford OpenXC supports apps for road use

Guest lolwot

I have a S-MAX with the same DAB unit.

Try deleting the paired connection from the unit and turning the bluetooth off/on from the unit.

Also I usually turn the phone's bluetooth on before turning the radio on. I'v3e found that this helps a great deal as I can never connect if I turn the unit on first, then the bluetooth on the SII.

Edited by lolwot