HTC announce 'One' series, with One X, One S and One V

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rferrett

Fraid limited storage and no SD slot is a deal breaker for me as always use phone as MP3 Player. What use is a smart phone if you need to carry an ipod with you every where you go?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Guest PaulOBrien

How much space would be available for apps? If there's 26GB usable storage space on the X, is the other 4GB'ish available for installing apps or will we run out of space pretty quickly like on the original Desire?

I imagine you get the full space for apps, that's how it works in ICS.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Read a lot of conflicting stuff about the V some saying it has sense 3.6 and others say it has sense4.0 but a trimmed version of it some.....since you have used all the devices as you stated, what did the V show on it?

Official spec sheet says 4.0...

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Does the X have microSd? And any news whether it'll be possible to disable Sense? Hardware sounds lovely afbut after the Desire I don't ever want a carrier-fettled Android OS again. :-/

No microSD on the X. HTC don't give you the option to disable Sense.

P

Guest ruffleader

How did it feel to hold the One X with the 4.7" screen? I plan to upgrade from my Desire HD to it and from the spec sheet it looks like the fact that the phone is lighter and thinner could make it a little easier to get used to.

Guest Sgt. Slaughter

We know the actual Soc that the V has? Know its single core 1GHz but seen some say its an S2 some say dunno...seemed odd to run that old of a chip even in low end phone to me.

Guest Ryan Boorman

Pretty impressed with the One X, no Micro-SD slot is a disappointment but roughly 26gb internal + 25gb via Dropbox is more than enough for me. The screen sounds great, i was worried being SLCD2 not super Amoled it wouldnt be as good. The main concern is the battery will 1800mah be enough? and not being able to remove it and put another one in when it dies, or to turn it off when inevitably there is a system crash and it freezes like my Desire HD is a BIG problem. If the battery life is good and it locks up and no buttons work your without your phone all day or more till it dies :-(

Guest Sgt. Slaughter
So what Google wrote is worthless. If a manufacturer cannot make an overlay without breaking the stock theme they are not worth having.

How so? Not worthless as apps can choose to use the ICS theme or use the default one...

If you want stock ICS get a nexus. Otherwise u know what your getting with Sense.

Guest Sylar2010

Hello P. !

Did you try the speaker? I mean ringtones are now louder than usual quiet HTC devices?

What would happen if the phone freeze because of a bad rom or mod and we can't pull the battery out?

Guest PaulOBrien

Hello P. !

Did you try the speaker? I mean ringtones are now louder than usual quiet HTC devices?

What would happen if the phone freeze because of a bad rom or mod and we can't pull the battery out?

No, I didn't try the speaker i'm afraid.

If the phone freezes a key combination held down can power it off.

P

Guest Basil 123

@Paul the most important question - is the One X going to be your next phone? Or will you wait for the Samsung G S3? Leaked specs on the S3 rumours 2GB RAM, does this make much difference?

Thanks

Baz

Guest PaulOBrien

@Paul the most important question - is the One X going to be your next phone? Or will you wait for the Samsung G S3? Leaked specs on the S3 rumours 2GB RAM, does this make much difference?

Thanks

Baz

Definitely getting the One X.

All the One series have FM radio I believe?

P

Guest Basil 123

@Paul - great news - in any case I preordered one some time ago, reassuring to hear you will be getting one as well....

Rollon April 6th!

Cheers

Baz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.