WebOS on the skate?

Guest domenico lamberti

• 1 month later...
Guest brookergray

First of all webos is not open source, only the enyo application framework is.

But even if were nobody would spend time to get it work (other than as proof of concept or portfolio boosting)

So no it's not going to be ported.

Think we would need to get hold of a touchpad to look at it first, and we know how hard that would be

Wow your name really doesn't lie, you're a true noob. Why would you need to touchpad?

I don't know why you'd even want it, it's dead

You obviously haven't use webos. Shame on you. It's by far my favorite mobile os.

Guest razzmataz1478

First of all webos is not open source, only the enyo application framework is.

But even if were nobody would spend time to get it work (other than as proof of concept or portfolio boosting)

So no it's not going to be ported.

Wow your name really doesn't lie, you're a true noob. Why would you need to touchpad?

You obviously haven't use webos. Shame on you. It's by far my favorite mobile os.

You're right, I havnt , but I'd like to. I just said that because it has virtually zero support from HP, shame on them, and that's why it's dead, HP.

Guest rangeoshun

Palm Pixi Plus runs webOS 1.4, and has MSM7227 motherboard. If anyone wants to do something like porting, this would be a place to start.

But there are only OMAP based devices using higher versions.

Edited by rangeoshun

Guest brookergray

Palm Pixi Plus runs webOS 1.4, and has MSM7227 motherboard. If anyone wants to do something like porting, this would be a place to start.

But there are only OMAP based devices using higher versions.

The only place to start working would be the webos source. And it's not motherboard. It's a SoC (System-on-Chip)

Guest rangeoshun

The only place to start working would be the webos source. And it's not motherboard. It's a SoC (System-on-Chip)

I stand corrected. :)