Need to go back to stock ROM.

Guest stokietom

Guest stokietom

Only had the SFII for 2 days now and I think the screen has developed a fault. It has started to flicker very badly around the edges, it only started to happen about an hour ago.

However I have unlocked the phone and flashed Fish n Chips ROM. How can I totally revert back to the stock Orange software so I can send my phone for repair?

Cheers

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Download the one you want, transfer it to your sdcard, then use clockworkmod to install the zip.

Remember you will lose clockworkmod once you've flashed the stock rom back cos, of course, the stock rom doesn't include clockwork.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest stokietom

Download the one you want, transfer it to your sdcard, then use clockworkmod to install the zip.

Remember you will lose clockworkmod once you've flashed the stock rom back cos, of course, the stock rom doesn't include clockwork.

I notice the phone is still unlocked after flashing the custom ROM, I'm wondering will this void the warranty or anything?

Cheers

Guest stokietom

Custom rom? I though you wanted to flash the stock rom? That's the links I gave you, the stock roms

Sorry I meant stock ROM. Yeah, I flashed the stock ROM but my phone is still network unlocked.

Cheers

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Hmmm, Not too sure to be honest. Although I'm sure if you're taking it back to a shop then they'll probably test it there and if it's faulty I would think they'd just give you a replacement there and then.

(Hopefully) :)

Guest stokietom

Hmmm, Not too sure to be honest. Although I'm sure if you're taking it back to a shop then they'll probably test it there and if it's faulty I would think they'd just give you a replacement there and then.

(Hopefully) :)

It was purchased online so I have to send it back to them. I'm not sure how they'll decide it's faulty as the flickering issue seems to have stopped now but the battery drain is still awful. (Just lost 40% battery after only 1 hour of been taken off a full charge.)

Think I should take my chances and send it back to them and hopefully they wont know I tinkered with the software?

Cheers

Guest fr0do

I think you need to research battery configuration. Download battery calibration and make sure you're charging to full capacity when it reads 100%. Resetting the stats when the battery isn't at max will give you a false reading. Mine currently reads 4161Mv @100% and I've been using it a bit.

Once you've established that you're readings are accurate, then you need to see if anything you've installed is pulling excessive power. Is the phone running hot? Try with nothing but the bare minimum of essential Apps installed and see how that goes.

Edited by fr0do

Guest Reider59

I get 5 days if using my SFII for calls only. If using all the facilities I get 1-2 days. I use SetCPU to lower the cpu power, and thus power drain, when the phone is idle. Plus I use Power Manager to ensure wi fi etc is off when not in use. It takes seconds a day to ensure I have ample power in a phone which has so many facilities open to it its almost a computer in its own right. Though some say it makes no difference I occasionally charge to 100% and empty the battery stats, then let it drain to about 4% before recharging, again some say not necessary to drain it but it works for me or at least makes me feel like it does. I get no flickering whatsoever, the only power drain has been R2 of the Fish n Chips ROM which loses about 6% overnight. But this is manageable and not a major problem......

If yours continues to flicker and/or lose power, both of which could be a hardware or software power problem, I`d return it for a new phone. Remember, as the phone gets older it will likely get worse, so its better to replace it early on if in any doubt. Good luck....

Edited by Reider59

Guest Fuzzra
Guest stokietom

I sent it back - Battery drain really was horrible, even back on stock ROMs. I did send it back unlocked, not sure if they'll pick up on that. If they can't replace/refund me I can safely say I will kick it as far as I possibly can and hope it smashes into a thousand pieces.

Really has been one of the worse phones I've used in a VERY long time.

Guest Reider59

Sorry to hear that. I like new phones and have swapped phones 3-4 times in one year, though I keep some. The SFII I`ve got to say is going to be a long term keeper. I love it and its easily the best one I`ve had in a long time. I`ve swapped ROMS some 20+ times so far and 2 more ROM swaps are on the cards soon, though I nearly always return to Fish N Chips. None of the ROMS have led to a bad power loss, apart from a slight overnight loss in R2 of FNC. But this may be fixed in R3, though its causing me no undue problems and I rarely have to charge my phone. I`m quite surprised considering its potential and amount of APPs loaded on it.

Edited by Reider59