Sky Go and rooted Samsung galaxy S2 is a NO

Guest Androidlover287

Guest Androidlover287

I am running on Modaco GR8, but i'm pretty sure that doesn't matter as Sky Go does NOT work on a rooted phone.

Screenshot:

post-811669-0-28299200-1330771987_thumb.

Any help/fix

I know there is a fix for it to run on ICS, but i don't think that would help.

Any help?

Thanks,

Andrew

Guest gadgetshop

You need to have an original kernel installed, you will also have to hide root with something like temp root remover.

I tried temp root remover on my stock rooted sgs2 and still didn't work apart from sky news

Guest Androidlover287

(quote name='marc1974' timestamp='1330780474' post='1911199']

You need to have an original kernel installed, you will also have to hide root with something like temp root remover.

Edited by Androidlover287

Guest marc1974

There are other ways to root of course. It is a right pain though, but the app is very useful. Hopefully someone will find a workaround soon.

Guest Androidlover287

I reflashed to stock kernel and used Voodoo OTA rootkeeper. Works for me with Paul's Modaco rom.

OTA rootkeeper, that will let me keep my CF-root, CWM?

EDIT 1: Just tried it, and it worked, thank you, used Temp unroot feature, that way i don't have to loose my CF root kernel.

EDIT 2: One question? Sky go still says my device is rooted, even after using the temp unroot, i confirmed the phone was unrooted my launching titanium backup, it gave a error message that said it couldn't get root permissions.

Edited by Androidlover287

OTA rootkeeper, that will let me keep my CF-root, CWM?

EDIT 1: Just tried it, and it worked, thank you, used Temp unroot feature, that way i don't have to loose my CF root kernel.

EDIT 2: One question? Sky go still says my device is rooted, even after using the temp unroot, i confirmed the phone was unrooted my launching titanium backup, it gave a error message that said it couldn't get root permissions.

This means you don't have an original Samsung GS2 kernel installed. You'll need to find one and flash it to your phone (with something like Odin). Should work then....

Guest Androidlover287

This means you don't have an original Samsung GS2 kernel installed. You'll need to find one and flash it to your phone (with something like Odin). Should work then....

I know that would work, i just wish it would work on rooted devices