Broken Libra Digitizer

Guest tmmp

Unfourtunally my ZTE Libra has broken it's digitizer screen, and I would like to know if anyone knows from where I can order a new one. I can find a lot of replacements for the ZTE Blade but my models is the ZTE Libra, can anyone help me out?

Cheers

Edited by tmmp

Buy this:

http://www.dealextre...ns-black-109094

And stick your Libra into it. I'm not 100% sure if it will fit.. but I have a reasonable level of confidence that they are the exact same hardware shoved into a different case.

Then buy a Blade digitizer.

It's only £4 to give it a shot!

If you want to be more confident about the purchase.. take your phone apart and compare it to these pictures

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=895937

or the some of the tear down videos on the internet.

Thank you for the reply thats exacly what I was thinking too but it's a very drastic fix since this Libra is also a very popular model the digitizer should also be somewhat avaiable but unfortunally it's not and the repair center has asked me a repair price = new phone and I was like O.o what?

Isn't that just the housing/fascia though? He wants the glass digitzer that responds to touch.

Yes kimomini that's exacly what I'm refering to but, that digitizer is nowhere to be found so I understood Ron=) idea, so please if you do know a place where i can get ir please do tell me :P

Guest damiensturdy

Shot in the dark: Are you sure it's broken? Mine just gave up today, but I now think it's a problem with the Rom I'm using. What Rom are you using and have you tried using a different one?

Mine appears to always think there's one touch applied, so when I press the screen it thinks that's the second touch. The phantom touch appears to be on the right near the silent lock button- because if I try to unlock that's the icon that slides.

A reboot is fixing it, suggesting it's not a hardware issue.

Shot in the dark: Are you sure it's broken? Mine just gave up today, but I now think it's a problem with the Rom I'm using. What Rom are you using and have you tried using a different one?

Mine appears to always think there's one touch applied, so when I press the screen it thinks that's the second touch. The phantom touch appears to be on the right near the silent lock button- because if I try to unlock that's the icon that slides.

A reboot is fixing it, suggesting it's not a hardware issue.

Yes I'm shure because when I say broken I leterally mean broken as in it felt over a pointy thing and broken the digitizer lol

Guest Ron=)

Isn't that just the housing/fascia though? He wants the glass digitzer that responds to touch.

Precisely. The Libra digitizers are not readily available on the web. The blade ones are. Hence, convert your Libra to a blade with blade Housing and buy a blade digitizer. Nuff said.

Precisely. The Libra digitizers are not readily available on the web. The blade ones are. Hence, convert your Libra to a blade with blade Housing and buy a blade digitizer. Nuff said.

Yes, although I still feel it's a bit of a drastic measure, and I feal that the lack of replacement digitizers for such a popular smartphone a bit ridiculous...