[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

ipv6? That's uber strange! Did Acer break radio? You can try blanking ipv6 functions to return errors and leave it "enabled" - I think many operators does not support ipv6. On the other hand Google might be using v4-to-6 gateways, so this workaround will fail...

A very strange issue...

Guest youpi666

for be more precise :

- the first step was to pass the freeze, no freeze at all for now.

- second the soft reboot, lot of better now.

- now, the global usability of the device, without wifi and data, great, some difficulty to open app, but with wifi or data it's another story, and seems to link to ipv6, without no problem, but gapps not working

But i trust on thepasto :)

Guest d3d4lus

Hi thepasto & Thanks for your work!

I install your beta4 & I see in LiquidParts thats all A2SD are OFF.

So i found a post in this topic that say:

All points to the A2SD problem being on the Liquid Parts app. A2SD on the terminal works.

A2SD workaround:

- Open Terminal Emulator

- Type su (to get root privileges) [Enter]

- Type a2sd [Enter]

- Type y [Enter] to enable te required options (A2SD, AppData to SD, Dalvik Chache to SD)

I activate A2SD & AD2SD & after that i do reboot.

I have (& test it in the Terminal Emulator with the command a2sd) 2 GB of space on SD for cache & only 50MB used. Also I have 170MB of space free in my internal memory.

But when i try to install something or update something a recive one error that inform me that i have enough space.

UPDATE:

So I reinstall all & I activate ONLY A2SD (first i push Format Ext under LiquidParts, next afeter reboot i type the command a2sd install as root on Terminal Emulator & choose N for AD2SD & Davilk).

This work!

But why I cant activate AD2SD without the space error?

Edited by d3d4lus

Guest youpi666

Maybe the team is on vacation :P

Let them take their time with it if you don't want a buggy release

exactly i think this problem must but thinking quietly and test, not a simple trick. ;)

Guest Ma7moud

exactly i think this problem must but thinking quietly and test, not a simple trick. ;)

I know but i would like some news about how things are going if you can :P

Guest LiquidEr

Hello :D !

I did not understand wheter the camera is working or not in this rom ?

what CONS does this rom have?

let me know please :D

Guest Ma7moud

Hi I would try to improve this rom for don't have freeze and reboot. How and what can I do?

If you have experience with Android Source programming then contact Youpi666 or Thepasto

If not: wait like the rest of us

Guest darkeingel

Hello :D !

I did not understand wheter the camera is working or not in this rom ?

what CONS does this rom have?

let me know please :D

The camera is working - but the Panorama mode introduced in Android 4.0 is not working.

Guest LiquidEr

I just tried to record a video:

it does not record good enough videos unfortunately!

when i play the video i just see some frames and hear the audio.

any ways to improve video recording/camcorder ??

thanks to the developer(s) !!

Guest banjodido

Hi Guys,

as you can see on my postcount I'm new here and in the Smartphone as well as Android world.I posted this issue in the Ultimate Liquid Thread already but nobody responded so I'll try it here as well.

I purchased a slightly used, only couple of months old Acer Liquid E (or S100) with CM9. The first week everything worked fine. Later on the phone turned itself off, and the only way to turn it on again is to remove the battery shortly. This happens after a couple of minutes of inactivety. As long as the phone is connected to power source (PC or charger) the Acer won't turn off, just while on battery.

Does anybody know a trick? As I written above everything is new to me, so a dummy approach would probably be the right thing.

Thanks, banjo

Guest parvata

Since the phone has cm9 running re-flash with the same ROM after wiping everything including the battery stats. Even if this does not work roll back to a stable version of the ROM where there are no such issues. LiquidNext 1.9.2 or cm7.1/.2 are known to be stable versions. Not sure how to roll back but the instructions should be posted somewhere in these forums. Good luck.

Guest banjodido

Thanks Parvata for your help. I actually dont know where to find the exact same version. Do you think to upgrade the version from the first post (cm-9-20120622) even thou on the Goo page its not suggested to use it for the LiquidE?

Guest parvata

Yes, try the one in the first post. Make sure you create swap and ext paritions on our SD card before flashing the ROM. In post 2 of this forum it suggests to have paritions.

Thanks Parvata for your help. I actually dont know where to find the exact same version. Do you think to upgrade the version from the first post (cm-9-20120622) even thou on the Goo page its not suggested to use it for the LiquidE?

Guest bildr

Ok... now I already had CWM since beta 1, now i wanted to try beta 4... I 'wipe all' my phone, tried to installed beta4 and got a ''get prop' error... so tend i just tried to restored a backup i did before and now the phone just won't boot, except in recovery and USB don't work in recovery. I tried flashing other roms whitout success... now my phone is bricked :wacko:

Guest Ma7moud

Ok... now I already had CWM since beta 1, now i wanted to try beta 4... I 'wipe all' my phone, tried to installed beta4 and got a ''get prop' error... so tend i just tried to restored a backup i did before and now the phone just won't boot, except in recovery and USB don't work in recovery. I tried flashing other roms whitout success... now my phone is bricked :wacko:

not really, I think i have something that can help you.

what you need :

1- some way to read your SD card on a computer to copy files to it

2- your phone

3- winrar

4- notepad++

Steps

1- open the beta 4 zip file (DON'T EXTRACT) and go to META-INF\com\google\android

2- open the updater-script file with Notepad++

3- delete the first line, it should look like this:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "salsa" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "salsa");

4- make sure there is no empty line in the beginning of the file

5- save the file

6- winrar will ask you if you want to save the changes in your zip file, say yes

7- copy the modified zip file to your SD card using a card reader or another phone

8- boot the phone in recovery and wipe all then flash the file

Guest bildr

not really, I think i have something that can help you.

what you need :

1- some way to read your SD card on a computer to copy files to it

2- your phone

3- winrar

4- notepad++

Steps

1- open the beta 4 zip file (DON'T EXTRACT) and go to META-INF\com\google\android

2- open the updater-script file with Notepad++

3- delete the first line, it should look like this:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "salsa" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "salsa");

4- make sure there is no empty line in the beginning of the file

5- save the file

6- winrar will ask you if you want to save the changes in your zip file, say yes

7- copy the modified zip file to your SD card using a card reader or another phone

8- boot the phone in recovery and wipe all then flash the file

Yep, exactly that line i got as an error.(BTW what is it for?)

Finaly i was able to restore an old backup and my phone boots agains. Tomorow i'll try your fix and chek if it work. I'll comment either way!

Edited by bildr