[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest Diljeet

@Diljeet, just for discussion sake if the ROM has malware how would you know for sure that it does not? What if the ROM has a very stealth mode malware? I think once you are off the vendor provided ROM/software you are on your own and in these scenarios you have to be very careful of what you install on the device. And it is up to you and no one else to decide on what you want to do.

A google search revealed this link: http://android.stack...-and-or-viruses

Thanks pravata for the advice, from now on i will start checking the roms by antivirus.

I never thought linux could have viruses so i never checked.

-

However i want to say one strange thing in the Honor Repack, when i connect the phone to pc(Windows 7) i can't see the mount button, but the strange thing is my card is automatically mounted and i can use the card on my device too(Card is read on pc and phone at the same time), i don't know what it is but seems to me as a great feature, Thanks

Edited by Diljeet

Guest alboz83

Yes Diljeet liquid mount automatically because it's a MTP device (see you in settings-memory-menu button and usb connection). But with MTP adb don't work and if I change in mass memory mount don't work.

Guest Diljeet

Yes Diljeet liquid mount automatically because it's a MTP device (see you in settings-memory-menu button and usb connection). But with MTP adb don't work and if I change in mass memory mount don't work.

Thanks(for MTP explanation) the usb connection is not working, when i switch to usb connection and click usb Connection in status bar, the SystemUI force closes.

For adb, i can install application from computer to phone via eclipse which uses adb to install.

Guest alboz83

Thanks(for MTP explanation) the usb connection is not working, when i switch to usb connection and click usb Connection in status bar, the SystemUI force closes.

For adb, i can install application from computer to phone via eclipse which uses adb to install.

Not at all!! Can I ask you how use CM9 rom? Do you use any script (v6 supercharger) or application (autokiller or ram manager)? How did you set the settings? Now i'm back to cm7.2 and there is no comparison for fluidity and smoothness, but i don't like gingerbread graphics and i'm forcing to use it

Guest Diljeet

Not at all!! Can I ask you how use CM9 rom? Do you use any script (v6 supercharger) or application (autokiller or ram manager)? How did you set the settings? Now i'm back to cm7.2 and there is no comparison for fluidity and smoothness, but i don't like gingerbread graphics and i'm forcing to use it

Well, i actually don't use many optimization, just simple freezing of apps(email, tts, etc you know them), disabling sync, stoping google services, playstore services, using fmr memory cleaner before heavy apps like games.

At the end i check that in the running services tab(only two services remain settings and keyboard), that i have 50+mb ram free or not(my A1 runs preety good with single task, but with multiple tasks it lags)

-

you can use launchers to change home and themes to configure settings' graphics, and after that nobody knows which phone or rom you are using, i changed my CM7.2 similar to HTC Sense, with LpSense UI and sense themes and it looked more beautiful than CM9(for iphone ui you can try espier launcher too).

Edited by Diljeet

Guest alboz83

Well, i actually don't use many optimization, just simple freezing of apps(email, tts, etc you know them), disabling sync, stoping google services, playstore services, using fmr memory cleaner before heavy apps like games.

At the end i check that in the running services tab(only two services remain settings and keyboard), that i have 50+mb ram free or not(my A1 runs preety good with single task, but with multiple tasks it lags)

-

you can use launchers to change home and themes to configure settings' graphics, and after that nobody knows which phone or rom you are using, i changed my CM7.2 similar to HTC Sense, with LpSense UI and sense themes and it looked more beautiful than CM9.

Ok but if i stop google and playstore services, this don't open again automatically? My problem is also that i use whatsapp and viber, and this apps remain open always. I remember an old advices of ellenico, he used swappiness at 100 and the open applications is more fast. It may be useful?

Guest Diljeet

Ok but if i stop google and playstore services, this don't open again automatically? My problem is also that i use whatsapp and viber, and this apps remain open always. I remember an old advices of ellenico, he used swappiness at 100 and the open applications is more fast. It may be useful?

Well you can try swapiness and also you can try v6 supercharger. Otherwise i suggest you to stay on CM7.2 if you really want to use whats app and viber, making internet calls sure needs ram and i think CM7.2 is the best rom for ram management on A1.

A1 is at its best on CM7.2, too bad ui is not that great.

Edited by Diljeet

Guest alboz83

Oh yes CM7.2 is the best, but sure i'll restore my cm9 backup and i'll try to change swappiness. I had tried V6supercharger (long procedure) but didn't seem that changed much.

Guest Diljeet

Oh yes CM7.2 is the best, but sure i'll restore my cm9 backup and i'll try to change swappiness. I had tried V6supercharger (long procedure) but didn't seem that changed much.

Thanks for telling about V6 Supercharger, at least i don't have to try it, if it is not creating a big difference.

Guest alboz83

Thanks for telling about V6 Supercharger, at least i don't have to try it, if it is not creating a big difference.

I think that the problem is the our liquid A1 and the poor ram, scripts or apps can't improve the performance and the speed. Now i've restore Cm9 and i set swappiness to 100. Sometimes seems more speed in general, but sometimes is slow again (about 5-6 seconds to open applications). But I have 40-50mb free always

Guest alboz83

should try with an extreme pro sd card, :s

Yes I've thought, because with 95mb/s swap should be fast. Now i have sandisk mobile ultra class6 but I bought recently.

Guest Narehru

Ok, Honor's version is fantstic. It's fluently on my A1, but now i've formatted my sd-card, so I'm not sure if it's the rom or the new partitions. However, I'm the only one who cannot connect to wi-fi?

Guest Diljeet

Ok, Honor's version is fantstic. It's fluently on my A1, but now i've formatted my sd-card, so I'm not sure if it's the rom or the new partitions. However, I'm the only one who cannot connect to wi-fi?

Turn on wifi and reboot the device with Wifi - On and after reboot the wifi will start working, worked for me and others too.

Same for bluetooth if its not working.

Edited by Diljeet

Guest Narehru

Turn on wifi and reboot the device with Wifi - On and after reboot the wifi will start working, worked for me and others too.

Same for bluetooth if its not working.

Nothing T.T

But you've flashed also lp_mpt.zip and patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip? The fix is for camera and..?

Edited by Narehru

Guest Diljeet

Nothing T.T

But you've flashed also lp_mpt.zip and patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip? The fix is for camera and..?

Yes i flashed both of them, lp_mtp.zip is liquid parts app fix and yes patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip is for camera and other fixes which i don't know.

Edited by Diljeet

Guest Narehru

Yes i flashed both of them, lp_mtp.zip is liquid parts app fix and yes patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip is for camera and other fixes which i don't know.

Ah ok.

Now I know that is not only a problem of CM9, but I've problem also with CM7.2 V2 by Ainilla ò.ò It's strange because before formatting sdcard it was ok and I could connect to all wifi I see. Can I try something? I've tried also with wi-fi fixer, downloading it with 3G. I've the backup of the sd.

P.S: If I try to flash CM9_Files I've to re-flash cm9 beacuse it seems to delete the os. It's normal? Or i must install apllication manually form zip file?

Guest Diljeet

Ah ok.

Now I know that is not only a problem of CM9, but I've problem also with CM7.2 V2 by Ainilla ò.ò It's strange because before formatting sdcard it was ok and I could connect to all wifi I see. Can I try something? I've tried also with wi-fi fixer, downloading it with 3G. I've the backup of the sd.

P.S: If I try to flash CM9_Files I've to re-flash cm9 beacuse it seems to delete the os. It's normal? Or i must install apllication manually form zip file?

yes CM9_Files did the same to me deleted the os. if you want to flash it try flashing it first and then the rom.

Guest Narehru

yes CM9_Files did the same to me deleted the os. if you want to flash it try flashing it first and then the rom.

Ok

Now is connected to a modem(d-link), but not to the modem(Alice) whose has the connection. But my laptop is connected to that modem(Alice) and I'm using it now ò.ò

Guest Diljeet

Guys how can i change partition size?

I also used Minitool Partition Wizard to change partition sizes without loosing any data from SD Card

--

Edit: ccorasaaa what do you mean, do you want to setup the internal memory partitions for rom or do you want to change sdcard partitions

Edited by Diljeet

Guest ccorasaaa

I also used Minitool Partition Wizard to change partition sizes without loosing any data from SD Card

--

Edit: ccorasaaa what do you mean, do you want to setup the internal memory partitions for rom or do you want to change sdcard partitions

Edited by ccorasaaa