Discussion thread for ColdFusionX

Guest tilal6991

OK, my Titanium Backup issue seems resolved by mounting Ext4 to /system/sd/ in the 11link2sd init.d file (replacing the original mount point for mmcblk0p2), while using Root Toolbox to mount R/W.

But I have the Play Store failing to start. Cache/System : 2/200.

OK, I re(?)installed "gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip" per ClockWorkMod 5.5, and Play Store is OK again.

This "ColdFusionX – Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich – CyanogenMod 9" promises to be great for me.

I am grateful to and admire many posters here.

Guest razzmataz1478

Anyone know a way to activate the slide lock screen before pattern/pin? Is there anything in bools.xml that can activate this?

Guest razzmataz1478

That option is under review for cm and will be included in the next release.

Do you have the gerrit link? ;)

Guest creedence

Dear Tilal! Next release? I think that is summer vacation now. I await with interest the new version. I can not stand it anymore! I'm not 20 years old more. Okay, fun website! Wish you success! Thank you

Guest Josh92
Dear Tilal! Next release? I think that is summer vacation now. I await with interest the new version. I can not stand it anymore! I'm not 20 years old more. Okay, fun website! Wish you success! Thank you
Just be patient, he'll give us an update when he can.

May sound stupid but one thing I miss from Gingerbread is the day on the notification drawer, now it only shows the date. (Yes, I can be forgetful haha)

Guest trueno2k

Anyone here having problems with gapps News & Weather app?... It loads up alright but when I touch the big main weather box the app just crashes out!... I leave a logcat I created using pastebin link below and include a youtube video aswell to show what I'm talking about!... Really appreciate all the response and advice!... Thanks... ;)

http://pastebin.com/NLh9Dw84

[media=]

Guest trueno2k
You have a lot of crashes there. You might want to try clearing cache not data and see if that helps.
That was one of the first tricks I tried to solve this problem but I still get the same problem!... I've tried all combinations of clearing cache, clearing data, force closing app to no avail!... Is the app linked to any other app or resources in CFX or gapps?...

What else is the logcat pastebin link saying about my other processes, just had a look & really can't make heads or tales of what I posted!?...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest plegdroid
Does everyone else's voice search feature on home search bar not work or is it just me?

+1

mine don't work either, goes through motions, then just goes back to desktop.

Guest Redstarr1

I didn't have a Youtube app so far, maybe it was because I used gapps of 29-04. There's been a bit of complaining that CFX doesn't support Youtube HQ.

Anyway, I'm saying this because all of the SGS 3 apps are up for grabs now, along with the Youtube app. Tried it on my phone and it works okay, I can turn HQ on and I think there's a visible difference. It's a little choppy though .. could be because I'm quite far from my router (and too lazy to move because I can hear Metallica playing live in my neighbourhood from where I'm sitting :P).

If anyone else wants to try the apps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1662255

Guest SteveCl

+1

mine don't work either, goes through motions, then just goes back to desktop.

Voice search has never worked on ColdFusionX for me. Would be great if it could be fixed though.

Guest plegdroid

Voice search has never worked on ColdFusionX for me. Would be great if it could be fixed though.

morning,

I don't tend to use it and have it usually frozen out. was a test to see if it did or not. for those who do use it yes would be nice if it worked,but not a killer :)

Guest SteveCl

Reinstall voice search using the market version

Thanks Razzmataz - this worked for me. Now one of the features I missed most in ColdFusionX is working. This rom gets better and better.

Guest Josh92
Reinstall voice search using the market version
Market says I have the latest version, I never manually downloaded it but not working for me.

Guest plegdroid
No clue. Before I went over to AOSP I noticed it can't be uninstalled from market, so perhaps some other issue

it's a system app, so that's why unable to remove via market :)