problem install android market on ZTE Skate / u960s

Guest jccheah

Guest jccheah

Hi all,

i just bought a ZTE u960s from china , i find out some problem :

- im able to install the market to this phone , but when i click on the icon , it ask me to add an account, when i press on yes , it just close the message and do nothing. i also try to add an account on the setting page , when i click on the add account button , the phone automatically restart..

model number : ZTE-T U960s

android version : 2.3.7

kernal version : 2.6.35.7

Guest jccheah

Hmm. Do you have stock ROM? I wonder if it is stock android 2.3.7. Would be nice to have backup of that :)

i think it is stock rom , because it only got the android os and few apps.

Guest jccheah

Do you have clockworkmod recovery installed? If yes you could try flashing gapps package from here:

http://wiki.cyanogen...ion/Google_Apps

You need one for "CyanogenMod7" (20110828)

where can i get this "CyanogenMod7" (20110828)? (yea....i akready get it , thanks)

did u mind share with me how to flash it? , thanks so much

Edited by jccheah

Guest jccheah

Cool. Stock Android 2.3.7. I must have it :)

OK. So first you should make a full backup of everything that is currently in your phone.

You can find the instructions in this post:

http://android.modac...ost__p__1892809

After that we can continue with installing clockworkmod recovery :)

u really want it? how i can give it to u?

i think i no need to backup it , because i just get this phone yesterday :)

If you make a backup according to guide I posted earlier you will then be able to give it to me. Please, do so!

After you make a backup I can give you the exact instructions how to give it to me :)

Backup is good for you in the first place!! Because you will be able to revert to stock ROM if it is necessary (e.g. when you need to get your phone for warranty repair).

It is always a good idea to backup the original rom your phone comes with because you never know whet you will need it!

Guest jccheah

Backup is good for you in the first place!! Because you will be able to revert to stock ROM if it is necessary (e.g. when you need to get your phone for warranty repair).

It is always a good idea to backup the original rom your phone comes with because you never know whet you will need it!

ok , i'll try to backup it first

Guest jccheah

i did see any debug mode at my developement page

also i didnt see ADB interface at myy pc

Edited by jccheah

In phone settings there is: applications / development / usb debugging. Switch to english language if you in doubt. I will get back to you in abt 3 hours

Guest tillaz

why not just flash clockworkmod and make a back up, then upload the system.img, boot.img and recovery.img

its easyer than adb if you have never used it before, plus clockwork is very hand thing to have

Edited by tillaz

This is exactly what my guide I posted does, tillaz... Boots or installs cwm by running batch files. But its written in such way that there should be no problem with drivers functioning at all.

• 5 months later...
Guest ritaa.eteru

Hi jccheah. Just wanted to know if you fixed your phone yet because i have the same problem as well, with the same phone as you. Just got mine yesterday and was wondering if you could share with me how you did it? I read the comments from C3C0 and tried to follow his instruction about the clockworkmod, and to be honest, i was really confused and i think i made it even worse lol i dont know. Don't really know what that is. Please help, im kinda frustrated with this phone.

Guest omegavesko

Hi jccheah. Just wanted to know if you fixed your phone yet because i have the same problem as well, with the same phone as you. Just got mine yesterday and was wondering if you could share with me how you did it? I read the comments from C3C0 and tried to follow his instruction about the clockworkmod, and to be honest, i was really confused and i think i made it even worse lol i dont know. Don't really know what that is. Please help, im kinda frustrated with this phone.

Well, if you're comfortable with flashing a custom ROM, follow the guide at the top of this forum. That should fix it.