[ROM] Styx (CM6; updated 2012 05 25)

Guest twrock

Guest geHuC

Anyone have problems with the touchscreen after installing this rom ? when i restart my phone in only 1 of 6-7 time does the touchscreen start :/

Guest twrock

Anyone have problems with the touchscreen after installing this rom ? when i restart my phone in only 1 of 6-7 time does the touchscreen start :/

No, never a problem for me. This rom has had a LOT of downloads, and I've never seen any other report of a touchscreen problem. Sorry, but I don't know what to suggest, other than be sure you have followed all the installation instructions precisely.

Ok, I know this will sound weird, but it happened to me.

I phone dropped on the floor from the bed and the touch screen just stopped working. Tried flashing another rom, tried nand restore, but nothing helped.

So I decided to do official update on it, and the screen just started working.

So just try this, do official update to whatever version is allowed for this rom and whatever you prefer and then flash this rom again.

I hope this will work for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest theprincemoh

man

first : i have u8230

second : usb storage mass doesn't work

and i mean by that that the SD card when i load it to PC it doesn't show up on PC

and i have a problem with the name of device and drivers for it that i can not use my own program to manage my phone via pc

Guest twrock

man

first : i have u8230

second : usb storage mass doesn't work

and i mean by that that the SD card when i load it to PC it doesn't show up on PC

and i have a problem with the name of device and drivers for it that i can not use my own program to manage my phone via pc

No problem connecting as USB mass storage device to my Linux computer. Maybe someone else can tell you about Windows. BTW, what exactly is your computer's OS? Windows? What version?

Guest theprincemoh

No problem connecting as USB mass storage device to my Linux computer. Maybe someone else can tell you about Windows. BTW, what exactly is your computer's OS? Windows? What version?

Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

The os doesn't matter when it comes to usb mass storage. It should work if the usb port is ok I guess.

If it's ok I'll pop another question. Does somebody gets some screen freezes or orientation problems?

And will it be ok if I flash any of the custom kernels out there in thw topics (.32 of course).

Guest theprincemoh

The os doesn't matter when it comes to usb mass storage. It should work if the usb port is ok I guess.

If it's ok I'll pop another question. Does somebody gets some screen freezes or orientation problems?

And will it be ok if I flash any of the custom kernels out there in thw topics (.32 of course).

no freezes or orientation problems

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zzmusam

I'm trying to use Fring application with this ROM and to use the video calling option. On my Pulse I can see the video from the other caller but they only get a green screen from the feed from my camera, any ideas on how to resolve this? Problem happens when using either the front or back camera.

Edited by zzmusam

• 4 weeks later...

any theme for this room?

I tried some theme but without success. I tried a old theme of gingerbread that i used in the rom CM6 Plus along time ago and i tried a theme from lloco73 in this post http://www.modaco.com/topic/355257-theme-for-stock-froyo/ . The result was the phone not booting anymore, it get stuck in the logo "android" at the beginning.

If you find something please let me now.

Another thing that i miss from CM7, is the ability to viem battery percentage in the notification bar, as a workaround i´m using the app battery widget so i can view the battery level in the notification bar.

If someone knows a better solution or aplication please let me now.

Out of topic: I have not seen twrock here for some time, I hope you still walk around here ... if I'm not wrong there are still a few months to get your new HTC :)

Guest didije

...Another thing that i miss from CM7, is the ability to viem battery percentage in the notification bar, as a workaround i´m using the app battery widget so i can view the battery level in the notification bar.

If someone knows a better solution or aplication please let me now...

Of course there is a percentage in the status bar icon, This can be set up in the cm settings. Every cm6, 7, 9 or 10 has this option. I use black status bar and I change the percentage color in cm settings into white since it is more visible when battery is half empty e.g.

Guest twrock

Out of topic: I have not seen twrock here for some time, I hope you still walk around here ... if I'm not wrong there are still a few months to get your new HTC :)

:D I haven't left quite yet. Yes, I need my U8220 to hold out until January 2013. But I'm "generally" satisfied with the functioning of this Styx rom, so I'm not checking in here as often. I did run into a problem with my phone since moving temporarily to the USA, but that problem is for another topic.

I only ever use the themes built in to rom, accessible through the CM Settings.

• 1 month later...
Guest jayneck

:D I haven't left quite yet. Yes, I need my U8220 to hold out until January 2013. But I'm "generally" satisfied with the functioning of this Styx rom, so I'm not checking in here as often. I did run into a problem with my phone since moving temporarily to the USA, but that problem is for another topic.

I only ever use the themes built in to rom, accessible through the CM Settings.

Hi twrock,

Do we need with this latest ROM, to install GAPPS "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip" ?

Is there any newer than this?

Or is it safe to use only the current ROM?

Thanks for the efforts. I'm installing right now!

Guest jayneck

Hi twrock,

Do we need with this latest ROM, to install GAPPS "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip" ?

Is there any newer than this?

Or is it safe to use only the current ROM?

Thanks for the efforts. I'm installing right now!

Ok, sweet ROM!

Just a simple question twrock, do I need a special version of Touchpal language pack to install in this one you have here?

Is there a special way to install it?

Thanks

Thanks

Ok, sweet ROM!

Just a simple question twrock, do I need a special version of Touchpal language pack to install in this one you have here?

Is there a special way to install it?

Thanks

Thanks

I didn't notice your previous question back when you asked it.

This rom is Froyo (CM6), not Gingerbread (CM7). But the main thing to note is that in Styx, Google apps are already installed, so you don't need to install gapps separately.

Regarding TouchPal, yes, the version in Styx is an older version. I prefer it because it is much smaller in memory footprint (and our devices have very limited memory). So you can search this forum for "TouchPal language pack" and I think you will find a link to download the older language packs.

Incidentally, I'm still using Styx, although just today I decided to experiment with the latest CM7 (2012 10 14). But I need to modify it at least a little to get it to work they way I want. So far I've always gone back to Styx after testing other roms. It seems to be a bit faster and uses less battery than any of the CM7 roms.

Good luck.

Edited by twrock

Guest Bud Cord
... just today I decided to experiment with the latest CM7 (2012 10 14). But I need to modify it at least a little to get it to work they way I want. ... It seems to be a bit faster and uses less battery than any of the CM7 roms. ...
It would be nice if you could share your experience and above all the improvements to the CM7-ROM with us in a new topic, matching the ROM version.

For over a year my daughter runs the pulses with your Styx-ROM and she loves it!

Since she has done a lot of experimenting, the phone now runs very slowly and it is time for a rebuild.

I wonder if it will be your last Styx-ROM again or if I should switch to CM 7?

It would be nice if you could share your experience and above all the improvements to the CM7-ROM with us in a new topic, matching the ROM version.

For over a year my daughter runs the pulses with your Styx-ROM and she loves it!

Since she has done a lot of experimenting, the phone now runs very slowly and it is time for a rebuild.

I wonder if it will be your last Styx-ROM again or if I should switch to CM 7?

No matter how much I want to use CM7 and what I try to do to get it to work for me as good as this rom, I am always disappointed. It just runs slower, lags, freezes more often, and uses the battery quicker. YMMV, but I have returned to Styx after using the latest CM7 nightly for two days (with some modifications: camera fix, DTApps2SD, gapps, and all the same settings as I use for Styx).

BTW, I like your tagline. :lol:

hi..@twrock did you try to use pimp my rom http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1908269 or other engine? like geeky engine? what do you think about that? any advice that could improve phone?

Looks like the author has gone to a lot of work to combine these settings into scripts. Interesting. I suggest people who are willing to experiment give this a try with whatever rom they are using. As long as you have the time and have made a backup, it can't hurt to experiment. (Always make a backup first!)

I've experimented with a number of the settings that can be adjusted by the Pimp My ROM scripts (but by no means all of them). Some are already set in the modified roms available here to what the rom modifier felt was optimum. So I don't think that I will be "pimping" my own rom with these scripts. With how I run Styx on my own phone, I'm really happy with the balance of speed and battery life. (Usually there is a trade-off between those two.) But if you experiment with PMR, please share your experience with the rest of us.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nasir031

Can anyone please tell me the procedure how to get my CAM and WIFI working on U8220.?

I've installed latest cynogenmode...

It's is working great but CAMERA and WIFI are not working..

Any workaround please.....

Can anyone please tell me the procedure how to get my CAM and WIFI working on U8220.?

I've installed latest cynogenmode...

It's is working great but CAMERA and WIFI are not working..

Any workaround please.....

For the camera problem see: http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/36985-camera/

I think the last CM7 I tested was 20121028, and the wifi worked fine in that version. I don't know why it would have stopped working in a later build. But if it has stopped working, you will likely get better results by reporting it as a bug to the developers working on it over at CyanogenMod.

But if you want to continue to discuss this topic, please start a new thread. This thread is for the Styx mod of CM6, not CM7. It doesn't make sense to discuss it here.

Guest desalesouche

hi twrock did you try to reodex your rom? is there any improvement in ram management? is there any tweak that you use in it? or some new feature in build.prop? would you update it again? i mean a new build...

Edited by desalesouche

hi twrock did you try to reodex your rom? is there any improvement in ram management? is there any tweak that you use in it? or some new feature in build.prop? would you update it again? i mean a new build...

Hmm, I've never thought about re-odexing the rom. I suppose I could, but I haven't even looked into it. It makes it hard to work on it later, so I never was motivated to do it.

What do you think the advantages will be?

As for updating, I've been using the latest build of this rom since the day I released it. I have made no other build.prop modifications, and the only change to performance I have made is to bump up the CPU frequency to 614 with SetCUP (which anyone can do as well). It just runs solid for me, and does everything I want it to do.

So if I updated it, it would only be to update individual apps in /system/apps. But using programs like Titanium Backup, I can easily update those apps anyway. So in the end, I just can't come up with a really good reason to update this ROM.

Now if there was a way to work on CM7 and get it to work as well as this one does for me, that would be of much greater interest to me. But, alas, I don't have the skills to do that kind of work.

Off topic: I actually ordered my next phone online. I decided to get the ZTE V970. For the online price (less than US$200), the specs are amazing! It was reviewed by Paul here at MoDaCo, if you are interested. There is at least one community produced ROM, and I messed around with the stock rom myself to see if it would be easy to mod. It is. However, because of the chip base, it can never have a CM rom. Bummer

But then, after waiting a couple of days, I decided to check on my order. It was canceled! I couldn't believe it. They had some kind of concern about my credit card payment. Crazy. So I decided to drop it, and wait until I get back to Taiwan to buy my next phone. Who knows what else will be available by then. So it looks like I'm sticking around for at least six more weeks. ;)