Play Store Force Closes

Guest billglw

Guest billglw

Just had an update on my Vega (Vegacomb 3.2 Build 9n) converting the Android Market to Play Store and since the update it has crashed every time it has been opened. It is a Force Close message and has been reported using the response window.

Anybody else experiencing this and is there a solution or do we have to wait for Google fixing the software?

Guest IanTurner

Try going into applications management and clearing memory on the market application.

This doesn't always work and one person had to extract the vending apk from the vegacombzip and reinstall that before it would do a clean update.

Guest billglw

Clearing the memory and cache did the trick. Now I can enjoy all the 49p downloads I got on my mobile phone on my Vega! Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest worto03

Try going into applications management and clearing memory on the market application.

This doesn't always work and one person had to extract the vending apk from the vegacombzip and reinstall that before it would do a clean update.

Thanks for this it worked for me too - I cleared the data for the market app but that didn't help so I cleared the data for the play shop app then it installed fine.

Now I can upgrade Robotic Planet to the full version :)

Cheers,

worto

Guest boffboff

Just had a look at Robotic Planet thanks to you mentioning it, it's just what I've been looking for!!

Shall be giving it a try tonight.