Google Play Store Update ?

Guest marcuso

Guest marcuso

Hi all,

I wonder if you have recieved the Market-to-Google-Play-Store update for your GNex running MCR ?

I am on IR10 and have tried all the "tips" around (clearing market data/cache, ...), but my market app is not getting updated.

(all people around here have got it - Of course it is more of a name-change only, but somehow I feel like wanting the latest version anyway ;-)

Is it possible that the fact of having a custom rom (MCR) is somehow preventing the update ?

I know that I can get the apk from somewhere, but am just curious whyt it does not autoupdate.

Marcus

Edited by marcuso

Guest Lupus77

Is it possible that the fact of having a custom rom (MCR) is somehow preventing the update ?

I know that I can get the apk from somewhere, but am just curious whyt it does not autoupdate.

I don't think so. I am running Ir11 and got the update. I just simply deleted the cache and got the new market afterwards. Only Google knows how the updates are being rolled out :D

Guest marcuso

mmhhh .. i now decided to install apk (got from apktops) and the first try it failed ?! (just said "... was not installed" ... i gave it another try and voilĂ  - it worked.)

First it was named "Google Play Store" .. after a reboot it was "Market" again - but still on 3.4.6 ?

Strange - well .. I guess it might be time to go for IR11 anyway and do a wipe - something seems not quite right ;-)

Marcus

Guest vadonald

I'm not on MCR, running stock ICS

Did you get an auto update to the Video player, not sure but I think it used to be Google Video, well now its 'Play Movies'.

This occurred about the time the Android Market rebrand happened.

If you did, then open it up, there's an icon in the top rhs for the market (play symbol on a shipping bag)

I selected that and that initiated the market to upgrade to the latest version i.e. Play Shop

Also why is it called Play Shop in the UK, Play Store does sound so much better.

Vince