ICS for Vega 2?

Guest tibor22

Guest MikhailM

Hi, do you know any news about creating a possible Android 4.0 firmware for DVC N10 aka Advent Vega 2?

Cheers, Tibor

Hi, Tibor, it seems that no large supplier in Europe has started selling this tablet, so with relatively small numbers of these tablets in use, none of the enthusiast developers are spending time developing/hacking the ICS rom for this tablet.

How does the current Honeycomb 3.2 work on the tablet? Have the initial problems been overcome?

Guest tibor22

Yes, since I have downgraded to 2.2, everything works well. I just needed to flash Google apps because Android 2.2 for DVC N10 doesn't have it either.

But, you know, it is a real pain to be forced to run an outdated system on such a powerful hardware...

Tibor

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MikhailM

Yes, since I have downgraded to 2.2, everything works well. I just needed to flash Google apps because Android 2.2 for DVC N10 doesn't have it either.

But, you know, it is a real pain to be forced to run an outdated system on such a powerful hardware...

Tibor

I am sure it is frustrating. You can make Froyo 2.2 look a lot nicer on the tablet, but changing the DPI setting. If you download DPI Changer, you can change the native 160DPI (I expect that is the setting) to say 120DPI. You can also get some nice moving wallpaper that is not in fact available for 3.2 or 4.03!

Guest tibor22

I am sure it is frustrating. You can make Froyo 2.2 look a lot nicer on the tablet, but changing the DPI setting. If you download DPI Changer, you can change the native 160DPI (I expect that is the setting) to say 120DPI. You can also get some nice moving wallpaper that is not in fact available for 3.2 or 4.03!

Thanks for the ideas!

I will try them when I have some time for it....

• 8 months later...