MIUI 2.3.9

Guest snowy2

Guest snowy2

Well i rooted my phone and installed MIUI on it and ........Not impressed to be honest.

Lots of basic things just don't work or are hard to find. eg. the music app does not find my album names (but lists tracks) and does not retrieve the album cover art. Yet put the same sd card in another phone they all show up! i use my phone to access various forums, NONE of them will let me "post" with MIUI they all were fine with the stock rom. saving a web site as a bookmark is hopeless on one occasion it took almost 30 mins before the notification came through it was saved but even then it is a thankless task because the web browser app bundled is duff and not very easy to use. there is no app folder they are either on the desktop or un-installed...stupid. so iphones use that system, .....thats a good reason not to do it then, a crap idea.

Anyone recommend a decent ROM before i go back to the stock rom?

Guest mankian

Cyanogenmod 7 (latest nightly version you can find). Don't bother with 'custom kernels'... phones rock solid, everything works, awesome battery life, etc

Guest arronov

Well i rooted my phone and installed MIUI on it and ........Not impressed to be honest.

Lots of basic things just don't work or are hard to find. eg. the music app does not find my album names (but lists tracks) and does not retrieve the album cover art. Yet put the same sd card in another phone they all show up! i use my phone to access various forums, NONE of them will let me "post" with MIUI they all were fine with the stock rom. saving a web site as a bookmark is hopeless on one occasion it took almost 30 mins before the notification came through it was saved but even then it is a thankless task because the web browser app bundled is duff and not very easy to use. there is no app folder they are either on the desktop or un-installed...stupid. so iphones use that system, .....thats a good reason not to do it then, a crap idea.

Anyone recommend a decent ROM before i go back to the stock rom?

Yes, standard stock MIUI rom doesn't optimized for Optimus 2x.... have you tried WajkIUI (WIUI) ? It's a custom rom based on MIUI too but perfectly optimized for Optimus 2x

Edited by arronov