how to make own rom

Guest abhi922

Guest abhi922

hello every one.

i want to know how to make your own roms .

what softwares you used to decompile and compile the files

please provide me a list of softwares ,kichen ,etc.

i really want to make my own rom....(if possible).

thanx in advance...

Guest equiliym

for starters, you should get a linux system, i use debian 6.0.3 but google suggest ubunutu so you can try that if you want a more windows-like ui.. you can also install it on vm box if you dont want/know to dualboot etc.. then, you should download android sdk (and ndk if you want to compile a custom kernel.. you need to install repo so you can download/sync your sources from server... after that, you need android system.. since we for racer have very limited support, we use cm7 source of zte blade.. you can see everything related on this page..

i just googled compile android from source and similar pages appeared so you probably should use google too

Guest abhi922

for starters, you should get a linux system, i use debian 6.0.3 but google suggest ubunutu so you can try that if you want a more windows-like ui.. you can also install it on vm box if you dont want/know to dualboot etc.. then, you should download android sdk (and ndk if you want to compile a custom kernel.. you need to install repo so you can download/sync your sources from server... after that, you need android system.. since we for racer have very limited support, we use cm7 source of zte blade.. you can see everything related on this page..

i just googled compile android from source and similar pages appeared so you probably should use google too

biggrin.gif thanx for giving this information . biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sam tyler

i want try this,but it looks hard! i think a lot of late nights are coming up!! can i just follow the steps on the cyanogen site? and if i managed to build one,is it just for me or can i put it on this site? maybe someone could make a post of the do`s and don`ts etc,i.e. what apps etc i can put on. and can i download the files etc from cyanogen straight to my comp? and of course a KERNEL?