[help]phone not charging

Guest saransh9

Guest saransh9

i flashed coldfusion now i m back on cm7 but the phone isn't charging full its stuck on 16% from hours.

i know the solution is tpt but can anyone tell me any alternative as my battery is quite low.

will the tpt finish in 16% battery??

Guest Davidoff59

have you tried wiping battery stats? Are you sure its actually at 16%. some apps show the battery percentage. 4.3v is fully charged iirc and 3.7 to 3.8v is when it switches off. I would verify this also to see what's going on

Guest shanky887614

i had the same issue. it turned out to be the charger

plug it into cable then into pc.

leave it for a while preferably an hour. it should have charged

i had the issue where it looked like it was charging then the light went out when i left it and didnt charge till i disturbed it (damaged wire. not very well built now that ive ripped charger apart)

alternative chargers if that fixes it are the ones used for the amazon kindle and other ereaders

(if you rip it apart like me. be careful as the capacitors could still be holding charge and give you a belt)

Guest saransh9

i had the issue where it looked like it was charging then the light went out when i left it and didnt charge till i disturbed it (damaged wire. not very well built now that ive ripped charger apart)

alternative chargers if that fixes it are the ones used for the amazon kindle and other ereaders

(if you rip it apart like me. be careful as the capacitors could still be holding charge and give you a belt)

no i dont think its the charger because it goes from 9 - 12% pretty fast ie around 10-15mins but then the problem arises its not going up after that

it has been 4 hours not a single point up.

then after many tries i have somehow managed to get it charging but its very slow 1% in 20 mins(and i m scared to remove the charger now even to use it for long periods).:o

i have tried wiping battery stats etc etc tried different roms but dont know what the matter is.

i think i will let it charge overnight and see what happens if it reaches somewhere around 60% then i will try with usb cable and a different charger.

Guest saransh9

i remember another guy at xda who had almost similar problem but his phone used to charge sometimes and sometimes not.he too had the problem after flashing a rom.

but difference is his phone charged in recovery :blink: and mine doesn't.

and he solved it by tpt

Edited by saransh9

Guest saransh9

have you tried wiping battery stats? Are you sure its actually at 16%. some apps show the battery percentage. 4.3v is fully charged iirc and 3.7 to 3.8v is when it switches off. I would verify this also to see what's going on

its 3687mV so around 3.7V.

one more thing while using it with charger connected doesn't the battery so the charger should be fine.

edit:after rebooting battery is less than 10% actually its always 9% after rebooting

Edited by saransh9

Guest youngsta2010

Exactly the same thing happened with mine it would look like it's charging and sometimes the % would go up but it wouldn't actually charge. I bought a Samsung Galaxy charger I think seems the ZTE plugs with female USB socket are pretty crappy.

Guest saransh9

Exactly the same thing happened with mine it would look like it's charging and sometimes the % would go up but it wouldn't actually charge. I bought a Samsung Galaxy charger I think seems the ZTE plugs with female USB socket are pretty crappy.

ok i bought a new charger and a new usb cable(last one fell in water bucket ) it seems it is charging with the usb cable but still not with the charger??

Guest GoGokh

Hi all, so i'm the other guy of xda who have this probleme. I'm testing a samsung cable for charge my phone but it dont work :( Other strange thing is when the phone is off and charging, the phone loose charge (~50 before, ~10 after).

Guest saransh9

Hi all, so i'm the other guy of xda who have this probleme. I'm testing a samsung cable for charge my phone but it dont work :( Other strange thing is when the phone is off and charging, the phone loose charge (~50 before, ~10 after).

i think ur battery has died .

i think david's voltage idea was really good u should check it before and after the reboot.

use spare parts for the purpose

i will buy another charger tomorrow and test it again.

Edited by saransh9

Guest Davidoff59

Have you tried removing the battery and powering it from the charger itself? It should work if your charger is ok. some phones don't work with battery removed but the blade does.

Guest Davidoff59

brookergray, can you explain why its advised to wipe battery stats after flashing a new rom. Surely if it was charging to 100% regardless of battery stats, then the need to wipe battery stats is null and void?

Guest GoGokh

I have tested to boot without battery and it's dont work.

That make 40min and i have 7%, after the reboot i have 9% Oo, maybe the phone is not showing the good % ?

Guest Davidoff59

Sorry your right. It gets to the moving boot image then reboots. This is probably due to the charger not providing enough power. I pulled the battery and it stays on for about 5 seconds with no battery with charger in.

With a broken charger, it prob wont even switch on. If it gets to the boot image, then the charger should be working fine I imagine.

Guest GoGokh

After one night of charging when phone is on (and now the phone is charged), i can boot it without battery...

Edited by GoGokh

Guest brookergray

brookergray, can you explain why its advised to wipe battery stats after flashing a new rom. Surely if it was charging to 100% regardless of battery stats, then the need to wipe battery stats is null and void?

Read this:

Wiping battery stats is just as idiotic as wiping dalvik or doing a data wipe three times.

Guest saransh9

do u really think charger could be dead even if it is showing that the phone is charging and it even switches on without battery with the charger connnected.

Guest Davidoff59

its not idiotic if that's the common advice that people give. Where does that venom come from that you keep spitting at people? Seriously

Guest tcpaulh

Idiotic common advice: Don't swim after eating, salute magpies, don't swallow chewing gum, glass is a liquid and wiping battery stats can help battery life.

I don't think there was any venom. Idiotic has become synonymous with pointless/fallacious in common usage.

Guest brookergray

its not idiotic if that's the common advice that people give. Where does that venom come from that you keep spitting at people? Seriously

Why is it not idiotic if there's absolutely no evidence backing it up? Just because something is common it doesn't mean it's right. Bloodletting was once a common practice yet it was horribly wrong.

Guest brookergray

I think the point is following common advice doesn't make someone an idiot (very low intelligence).

No it simply means that they lack the knowledge to investigate it the will to learn.

I didn't say that people who do it are idiots only that these things are idiotic. The real idiots are the people who started spreading these without looking into it.