What SD Card you use. Speed? Class?

Guest Rosz

Hello OMC fellwos,

I am wonder what brand and class of card you are using for your OMC. Mine is Adata UHC-I ( seems to be high speed one but in my opinion it is Class 4).

I got:

Write speed: 4.7 MB/s

Read speed 8.5 MB/s

I am using LINKtoSD...maybe I should switch to Class 10. Is there so much difference between Class 4 and 10 for the OMC performance?

Cheers

Guest Ipecac9

I switched from the stock SD card to a 32GB Class 10 card (Link) and I noticed a slight increase in performance. Can't remember I had any fatal problems with the old card though, it's is just a matter of loading times and such.

I use Link2SD for all my apps.

Samsung class 10 is all I use,much better speeds than a class 4 sd card!

When it comes to android & sd card........speed is essential.

Edited by Guest

Guest crnadakm

My phone says that it cant mount my SD card and it can't be mounted via CWM, I tried formatting it, mounting, unmounting and nothing helps...

What do you think? Is it dead ?

My phone says that it cant mount my SD card and it can't be mounted via CWM, I tried formatting it, mounting, unmounting and nothing helps...

Check if your PC recognize the card...if not ...maybe it is time to get new card

Guest cchicom

I have a Sandisk 32GB class 4 and works fine in my Skate, bought it on amazon for 14 pounds and arrived to my home in 3 days (Spain). So is not a class 10 but does the job, only seems to be slow at the moment of transfer files to phone.

Greetings from Spain, nice website and nice job guys...

Sorry for my poor english xDD

Guest stiefanu

The same thing happened to me with a 16 gb class 6. At first PC didn't reccognize it, but then i formatted it with partition program of linux and it worked with PC, but the phone still doesn't recognize it mad.gif

Guest crnadakm

Check if your PC recognize the card...if not ...maybe it is time to get new card

No, both on Windows and Linux, it's not recognized.

I'll buy a new one

But f*** I had a lot of things on it (music, games, navi maps, backups... and it's all gone)

I'll buy a new one

But f*** I had a lot of things on it (music, games, navi maps, backups... and it's all gone)

I know the feeling,happened to me before,but I learnt my lesson and backup sd card to pc on regular basis.

I am sure there are some recovery softwares available to recover sd cards,have a google search before you give up.

Edited by Guest

Guest eLJay

I'll buy a new one

It should be recognised on Linux at least. If it was just windows then I'd suggest reformatting it.

My Linux box holds a backup as I had to reformat when windows decided it would no longer read.

Repartition on Linux and reformat if possible.