[POLL] UPGRADING TO THE NEW ZTE DEVICES WHEN AVAILABLE ?

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

just a small vote here to see how many people will be getting one of the newly announced zte devices when available, and to help me decided witch will be best to dev for

wink.gif

Guest huxxxley

Not sure which, but my contract running out soon just depends what i can get. But the experia S seems to be tempting me aswel

just a small vote here to see how many people will be getting one of the newly announced zte devices when available, and to help me decided witch will be best to dev for

wink.gif

That is very kind of you rolleyes.gif.

I would consider ZTE MIMOSA X but DON'T believe it will be below $200 with announced screen. Even cheaper mtk6573 based Chinese phones have real difficulties to make it ~200 with such screen and they do not pay anything to MS. ZTE does. I think it will be ~ 250 Euro in Europe when first introduced and probably from 0-25 Euro with 2 years contract. Just my 2cc.

Guest Nebbo

I would be interested to find out more about these phones and just as importantly their real prices, if they were as good value as the Skate then definitely yes, but would also wait for an unlock, like I did with Skate

Guest crnadakm

One of the disadvantages of living in my country is that we don't have much choice when android phones are in question. We are limited to Samsung, HTC, LG and that's about it...

And we don't have Orange, only our local providers, which are disastres

I bought my Skate from someone who bought it abroad...

Also the phones are expensive - Samsung GS2 is about 400 euros and considering our salaries that is just way too much.

Still we have a lot of iPhones and we don't have Apple stores here and you can't buy them in local stores :D

PS. I live in Bosnia.

Guest crnadakm

I think this is all moving too fast, we already have a big variety of devices to chose from. I think that it will be hard to find devs for all those devices, Skate has a lot of support here on modaco and without all of you this device just wouldn't be as half as good as this...

(When I just remember using it with orange stock rom, for 4 hours, i feel sick already blink.gif )

Guest Redstarr1

All depends which phones get sold in Belgium eventually. You won't have to decide which phone to dev for until they appear in stores, and I think that won't be in the next few months.

I'll be sticking with the Skate, cost me 200 € and I want to use it for at least a year, so in november I'll see what's available.

Guest tillaz

All depends which phones get sold in Belgium eventually. You won't have to decide which phone to dev for until they appear in stores, and I think that won't be in the next few months.

I'll be sticking with the Skate, cost me 200 € and I want to use it for at least a year, so in november I'll see what's available.

im getting the quad core version ether way

Guest bluestation

wink.gif

Why I'm here is that I like you work for zte skate!!

Guest tillaz

+ pocket nuclear power plant to make it last for more than couple of hours :)

lol, laugh.gif my dual core o2x only has a 1500mAh battery and has really good battery life, hopefully zte throw in a 2000mAh + battery

tegra 3 also has a 5th core for low power consuming tasks, so your not blasting all 4 main cores when doing small tasks/nothing smile.gif

Guest Redstarr1

lol, laugh.gif my dual core o2x only has a 1500mAh battery and has really good battery life, hopefully zte throw in a 2000mAh + battery

tegra 3 also has a 5th core for low power consuming tasks, so your not blasting all 4 main cores when doing small tasks/nothing smile.gif

That "companion" core isn't really what I hoped it to be :-(. The tech reviews I'm reading now say that the 5th core only works when your screen is off. As soon as you're browsing or stuff like that, one of the 4 main cores has to work. But Tegra 3 doesn't really drain more battery than Tegra 2, so that nuclear powerplant won't be necessary :P.

Guest eLJay

Depends how much. I would go for the ERA for the quad core, but if it's too much then I'll stick with the skate.

My 3 year old laptop is dual core and serving me well but heck if we are talking quad core! (of course battery life will also be a consideration).

Guest hugobosslives

That "companion" core isn't really what I hoped it to be :-(. The tech reviews I'm reading now say that the 5th core only works when your screen is off. As soon as you're browsing or stuff like that, one of the 4 main cores has to work. But Tegra 3 doesn't really drain more battery than Tegra 2, so that nuclear powerplant won't be necessary :P.

nah doesn't work like that.

the companion core often runs when its just idling. for example leave it on a non active widget home screen and the 5th core will power it nicely.

would be no point in it if it was for sleep. as that is what 'deep sleep' is design for.