[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gbosh

Yes, it wirks, look one page back, there's a flashable zip for it. It also works on AOKPCM9 remix, pac- man 4.1.2 and. 4.2.2 and paranoid android 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 and cm10.1

Am looking for 01052012-cm9-blade2-p736e-patch.zip.

Can't see it on first thread and scurried through the thread. Can someone point me there please?

(Currently slapping my wrist hard in advance, if its there or obvious!) Mental picture of Dazzozo muttering....I dont know why I bother with these silver surfers.......

Guest momist

Am looking for 01052012-cm9-blade2-p736e-patch.zip.

I don't think you should need that. It's mentioned in post #1283, but that dates back to May 2012 and refers to the buttons not working, and I suspect that the function of this has been rolled into the main CM9 code since. At least, I didn't use the patch and my buttons work :)

From another silver surfer. . . .

Guest momist

@VS5

I just used the stock size that the Vivacity came with, and added int2ext+ to give me the room for all the apps I might ever need. I'm very happy with my phone now, after nearly a year of distress with the stuff I never used and no room for the stuff I wanted to use on the T-Mobile set up. I've seen expensive phones with Jellybean and wonder if it might be a step too far for the Crescent. I don't know if CM10 is stable yet, as I've not been following that thread, and as I'm so happy with the way the phone now works, I don't want to take any risks with it.

Good luck.

If it installs ok I will be very happy, as the work done on here has been amazing, from stock unlocking through to CM7 and FNC. Can always go back. The Vivacity was my first android so I waded in and managed to lose the mac address on earlier versions. Jumped through hoops and more to get it back! Thanks for the info

Installed CM9, but no wifi connection. Says " Avoided Poor Internet Connection" (after hanging for a while on obtaining IP address).

Connections here are poor as we rely on 3g and cannot get a broadband phone line connection. Up to now every rom install has been ok, no wifi problems, from stock roms through FNC and CM7. Tried changing network sim, t-mobile, voda, and so on.

Seems that ICS wil not connect to my wifi. Tried a freshReinstall, but same message (after going back to CM7 and checking that wifi was ok!).

Can't figure out why the same conditions in the exact same position, gives a different result. Tried moving phone , router etc but no joy. Any suggestios please, as the install seems ok apart from wifi (which we rely on heavily, without landline router connection)

Using stock kernel and partition.

Guest momist

Sorry VS5,

I'm away for a few days after this morning, and can't help any further. I did have these thoughts though:

1. Wifi, to me, means the wireless connection to your router, or to a public wireless service or 'cloud' such as at a coffee bar etc. If you depend on a G3 connection, over the mobile phone radio network, this is not what I call wifi. Or did you mean you use a wifi connection to a G3 mobile connected server?

2. Most of the time I have G3 turned off to save my battery, as the service where I live is very weak and always intermittent, and this has always been the case even before I got a smart phone. My old nokia had some internet ability, but never useful to me. I depend on 2G and wifi.

3. The mobile network has several layers of complexity, over at least three radio bands, including GPRS, edge, G, G2, G3, (and now, G4 in a new band). I don't pretend to understand any of it, although I used to be a radio engineer in a different field (I left that industry 24 years ago).

It sounds to me like you have a need for a specific form of mobile network, and have discovered a bug in CM9 that hasn't yet affected me, and others have never mentioned. Maybe ICS itself has some more stringent test of the internet service than earlier versions had?

Hope you find something that works for you. Good luck.

Guest garethygog

Thanks Dean Brilliant!!! and I have found another great we program on the market place called ram-booster, the phone is new again!!

Dean, I note you have 3 x SFII on F&C, can I ask, 1. are they unlocked, and are you using a network other than Orange. 2. Which of the various procedures, did you use? Many of them have changes listed and though I did this December last year, the phone now wants a network sim unlock . This leads me to consider doing it all again but finding a more proven route this time. Can you offer any advice here?

Guest fasfags

Right gus im seriously worried my Wi Fi doesnt work it just says turning on....then after a while without ever coming on just goes off :( SUCKS im getting so depressed its unbeliveable

Guest JohnnyZTE

Right gus im seriously worried my Wi Fi doesnt work it just says turning on....then after a while without ever coming on just goes off :( SUCKS im getting so depressed its unbeliveable

Before you give up make sure you saved your mac address before you installed the new ROM and downloaded it back to the phone. I use QPST for this. if you didn't do this Wi-fI WILL NOT WORK

Thats why I left 4.2.2 because of the WiFi, it said avoided poor signal or simply didn't work, it just worked randomly, funny the Nexus N4 I bought from Google play store done the same thing I blamed 4.2.2 for that, i got sick of it and sold the phone on, I moved to Androlum which is based on fish and chips and has a JB feel to it. i cant stand stuff not working.

Edited by JohnnyZTE

Guest garethygog

Anyone know where I can get stock orange ROM for SF2? None of the regular links seem to work .

I didnt back it up whilst updating to F&C, and now it looks like I probably should have kept it to reload so I could unlock the phone to another network.

ClockworkMod recovery and F&C installed and working fine on the SF2, but need to get around the bloody SIM lock.

Please, Please help if you can.

Thanks

G

Guest fasfags

Before you give up make sure you saved your mac address before you installed the new ROM and downloaded it back to the phone. I use QPST for this. if you didn't do this Wi-fI WILL NOT WORK

Thats why I left 4.2.2 because of the WiFi, it said avoided poor signal or simply didn't work, it just worked randomly, funny the Nexus N4 I bought from Google play store done the same thing I blamed 4.2.2 for that, i got sick of it and sold the phone on, I moved to Androlum which is based on fish and chips and has a JB feel to it. i cant stand stuff not working.

right you see i have CM9 installed and no other rom on the side and i am a complete noob at this so i dotn know how to go about saving my MAC address i would REALLLYYYY appreciate it if you or anyone else could help me step by step with links of what to download thank you! :DD

Guest JohnnyZTE

Anyone know where I can get stock orange ROM for SF2? None of the regular links seem to work .

I didnt back it up whilst updating to F&C, and now it looks like I probably should have kept it to reload so I could unlock the phone to another network.

ClockworkMod recovery and F&C installed and working fine on the SF2, but need to get around the bloody SIM lock.

Please, Please help if you can.

Thanks

G

I have the original Orange ROM if that's any good to you.

Guest JohnnyZTE

I will have to host it or I could simply Skype it to you. I have actually done 13 of these phones now for various people in the last year and most are Running fish & Chips mine is on Androlum, I tried all the 4.2.2 variants and I'm not completely happy with any.

Oh yes I unlocked them all, some are on o2 and other are on 3

I will try medfire or something like that or maybe dropbox

try this.

https://dl.dropbox.c..._signed (1).zip

Edited by JohnnyZTE

Guest Sluysen

I have just rooted my gf's blade 2 using this guide ()

Now i'v noticed that when i do ADB Devices it says P735T.

I'm a bit confused now if these new roms wil work, hence they all say P736 E/V

So will this rom work on p735T? And do I need to change something about the system partition size? cause first post says something about "stock is fine"

Thx in advance, i'd rather ask it first before badword it up :D

Guest Sluysen

Hmm, glad I didn't try to flash this then.

But I did manage to root it, with CWM on it now and root acces. So if i see that topic i need to revert all that?

Are there even roms for that model? otherwise i'll just leave it rooted, should do any harm I think. The original rom still works fine so

Guest omegavesko

I absolutely cannot figure out how to make A2SD work on this ROM. Tried Link2SD, S2E, Darktremor and INT2EXT+ (separately, of course). None worked.

Link2SD and S2E just fail to see the partition at all, Darktremor's A2SD says the script isn't working properly - 'a2sd check' gives me this:

shell@android:/ # a2sd check

/system/bin/a2sd: line 18: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/a2sd: line 19: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/a2sd: line 21: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/a2sd: line 22: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/a2sd: line 23: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/a2sd: line 23: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/a2sd: line 24: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/a2sd: line 31: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/a2sd: line 35: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/a2sd: line 36: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/a2sd: line 37: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/a2sd: line 38: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/a2sd: line 39: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/bash: /system/bin/launcha2sd: No such file or directory

/system/bin/a2sd: line 41: /system/bin/busybox.a2sd: No such file or directory

I just flashed INT2EXT+, but it doesn't look like it's actually doing anything.