[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest welshrage

is the aokp build gonna get the same tweaks mate? i quite like the rom controls on it (power saver,move clock position, battery icon, weather in notifications etc)

I'm a TMV user and have just tested this. (latest one from yesterday with the TMV kernel and google apps)

1) Bluetooth has issues, will not work unless wifi is activated first, it seems to get stuck on "turning bluetooth on..." When this does manage to pair with my car system I have no access to the phone book. This all works fine with stock rom btw.

2) Also have home button not working, which you are already aware of. I'm sure you'll have this fixed soon.

3) In the power widget the 2G/3G button does not seem to do anything on my TMV, not that I need it, I just noticed it does not work.

4) Is there a way to WiFi tether? If so I can't find it, seems that its missing.

5) When wifi is on but is NOT connected to a network, there is no icon - perhaps this is correct I'm not sure???

Anyway keep up the great work, would love a fix for the blue tooth thing if possible, do you have a TMV for testing?

Edited by wazy

Guest Dazzozo

I'm a TMV user and have just tested this. (latest one from yesterday with the TMV kernel and google apps)

1) Bluetooth has issues, will not work unless wifi is activated first, it seems to get stuck on "turning bluetooth on..." When this does manage to pair with my car system I have no access to the phone book. This all works fine with stock rom btw.

2) Also have home button not working, which you are already aware of. I'm sure you'll have this fixed soon.

3) In the power widget the 2G/3G button does not seem to do anything on my TMV, not that I need it, I just noticed it does not work.

4) Is there a way to WiFi tether? If so I can't find it, seems that its missing.

5) When wifi is on but is NOT connected to a network, there is no icon - perhaps this is correct I'm not sure???

Anyway keep up the great work, would love a fix for the blue tooth thing if possible, do you have a TMV for testing?

Don't have a TMV which makes testing fixes quite a PITA. Nor do I have someone I'm capable of working closely with who has a TMV, everyone I know well from the forum and have other means of contacting has an SF2. :( When I get round to attempting fixes for it I'll probably just post them one after another in here and let people shout when one fixes it.

Bluetooth is a global problem that affects both phones, the Wi-Fi switch seems to act as the power toggle for the chip and the Bluetooth is part of the same chip.

Guest Dazzozo

is the aokp build gonna get the same tweaks mate? i quite like the rom controls on it (power saver,move clock position, battery icon, weather in notifications etc)

AOKP won't feel the effects of one of the three changes. I could give it a go I suppose, bear with me.

Edit: Building.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

I think this affects people here too.

Due to unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances, I have suspended all development of my ROMs on both ZTE devices for indefinite period.I apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope that someone can continue my work in my stead - all my sources are on GitHub so feel free to use them to compile the source.Thanks again for all your support and hope to return to development soon.Goodbye for now.

Not giving any reasons I'm afraid - as I said the circumstances are unforeseen and unfortunate.This is not a joke. This is very much real.

I hope to be back in a month or so's time but I can't promise anything.

Guest aboylikedave

Best of luck Tilal with whatever the issues are.

Edited by aboylikedave

Guest NinjehKitteh

I was reading through the whole thread at 1 this morning and I just got happier and happier as I read about everything getting fixed.

I'd love to try this out but I'm a total newb and I've never flashed my phone so could someone give me a link to a good tutorial for the vivacity?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks in advance

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I was reading through the whole thread at 1 this morning and I just got happier and happier as I read about everything getting fixed.

I'd love to try this out but I'm a total newb and I've never flashed my phone so could someone give me a link to a good tutorial for the vivacity?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks in advance

-Ninjeh.

I don't really see what you're after. The instructions in the OP are all you need, unless you haven't flashed a useful recovery yet. If that's the case, I'd suggest following this guide and using the fastboot method with CWM 5 as the img file.

Guest Titas

Tilal - Very sorry to learn you have problems - I'm sure everyone on these forums sends their best wishes. We will all miss your support & hope you will be able to return soon.

Edited by Titas

Guest Dazzozo

tilal's given me write permissions on proprietary_vendor_zte and added me to the ICSFusionX organisation. As most of our issues are very device specific now I don't think this will stop progress, just probably slow it down a bit as tilal won't be here for advice. :P

Guest Dazzozo

Looked in to this - it's upstream and won't be fixed until CM fix it. Happening everywhere.

Guest adroc

I noticied a little something :

Using Fuzzra's build, when I wanted to end a call, simply moving the phone away from my ear and holding it in front of me would light the screen , so I could press the end call button. With your 11/04 build, I have to press the home button first, so the screen lights, then I can stop the call.

Not sure if it is due to some proximity sensor issue, or if some setting changed, but as I restored my settings with titanium, I thought it could be the first.

Just wanted to report that. Thank you :D

Guest Dazzozo

I noticied a little something :

Using Fuzzra's build, when I wanted to end a call, simply moving the phone away from my ear and holding it in front of me would light the screen , so I could press the end call button. With your 11/04 build, I have to press the home button first, so the screen lights, then I can stop the call.

Not sure if it is due to some proximity sensor issue, or if some setting changed, but as I restored my settings with titanium, I thought it could be the first.

Just wanted to report that. Thank you :D

Have you calibrated the proximity sensor using ZTE Settings?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Just to say - my absence is unlikely to be permanent. Most likely I will come back to development in around a month's time.

Thanks for all the messages :P

I'm guessing his gf is becoming an "android widow" and has had enough ;)

On ICS progress, I'm not getting deep sleep at all, I'm gonna reset the CPU settings and see how it runs.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest NinjehKitteh

Just another couple of newb questions here,

1. Do I need root access to do this?

2. Will this give me root access seeing as I don't already have it?

Thanks again

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Just another couple of newb questions here,

1. Do I need root access to do this?

2. Will this give me root access seeing as I don't already have it?

Thanks again

-Ninjeh.

The fastboot method doesn't really care for root access as it's a bit higher level than root privileges within Android. Installing CWM recovery tends to be for the sake of installing a ROM that would give you root access, and yes, this ROM does have Superuser.

Guest NinjehKitteh

I used this website to unlock my phone, and it worked, but I think that I now have CWM on because I used it to install an update.zip.

Does this make it any easier for me as a newb to install this ROM?

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I used this website to unlock my phone, and it worked, but I think that I now have CWM on because I used it to install an update.zip.

Does this make it any easier for me as a newb to install this ROM?

-Ninjeh.

Yep, boot in to it and follow the steps in the OP.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Thanks, I'll give it a try in a few minutes. You boot into CWM like FTM right? And will I need it connected to a charger?

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks, I'll give it a try in a few minutes. You boot into CWM like FTM right? And will I need it connected to a charger?

-Ninjeh.

Yep, volume down.

There's no absolute requirement for a charger - if you have a full battery you can just do it on that.