[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

I have found one thing though.

When on the browser, it's extremely irritating to get to the home screen as you have to navigate back through all the web pages :/

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I have found one thing though.

When on the browser, it's extremely irritating to get to the home screen as you have to navigate back through all the web pages :/

-Ninjeh.

Yeah, Vivacity's home button doesn't act as a home button right now. I probably should add that to the 2nd post.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Another issue is that automatic brightness just seems to be very low at all times.

It's a good ROM, despite these problems, keep up the great work.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Another issue is that automatic brightness just seems to be very low at all times.

It's a good ROM, despite these problems, keep up the great work.

-Ninjeh.

This was also reported by someone else, but most people have no problems...

Interesting. I'm not sure if they fixed it themselves, though.

Guest NinjehKitteh

I've looked in the settings, Dev Settings and ZTE settings but it's still the same.

I've set the brightness to just less than half so it's visible but it's responsible for 55% of my battery use :/

-Ninjeh.

Guest RedZombie

This was also reported by someone else, but most people have no problems...

Interesting. I'm not sure if they fixed it themselves, though.

I've looked in the settings, Dev Settings and ZTE settings but it's still the same.

I've set the brightness to just less than half so it's visible but it's responsible for 55% of my battery use :/

-Ninjeh.

I changed the values in settings>display>automatic backlight>light levels. Tick use custom then edit the lux levels in edit other levels until you get to something that suits what you want :-)

Oh and on the white screen in browser, I have had that a few times, seems to redraw screen contents if you swipe as if to scroll page.

post-974686-0-65619300-1334362934_thumb.

Guest welshrage

just flashed both cm9 and aokp roms new builds and it is the aokp one that keeps f/c gmail etc so i gone bk to cm9 til aokp gets stable build... excellent work dazzozo,you are certainly our guardian angel for the crescent :oD

Guest NinjehKitteh

Thanks RedZombie, I didn't wanna mess with things in the settings because I'm only 14 so I don't get what they all mean, though I get most of it now.

I just set them to what your image showed and now it's great :)

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Okay, so I've had a look around the ROM and I found hardly any problems.

1. The camera.

2. The Vivacity home button

3. Messaging app closed quite a lot. However, this could be to do with my 4,000 odd texts :P

Besides that, I've got no complaints :)

Keep up the good work.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

As CM7 is pretty much a finished product I'm going to polish that up and release it. It's pretty much the same Wi-Fi issue we had in here.

Edit: The only difference is I can't fix it in the same way. This'll get interesting.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest raverrr

As CM7 is pretty much a finished product I'm going to polish that up and release it. It's pretty much the same Wi-Fi issue we had in here.

Edit: The only difference is I can't fix it in the same way. This'll get interesting.

I'm sure you will crack it :)

Guest NinjehKitteh

When camera support is added, will we be able to get Face Unlock? That looks like one of the best features from the Samsung Galaxy Nexus advert :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I'd rather have the Google Chrome with sync (although I do have an app installed that does it).

On another note, I solved my battery woes at last, Deep Sleep is working now. Only lost about 5% battery overnight. Just make sure to have your wireless disabled when the screen is off or remember to turn it off yourself.

This is the only thing I was worried about, don't want to be continually charging a mobile phone, if you need to then it's not really mobile is it ;)

Well, yeah. I told you on Steam, but for the sake of the thread...

Wi-Fi sleep is fixed in the next builds.

Guest misodoctakleidist

When camera support is added, will we be able to get Face Unlock? That looks like one of the best features from the Samsung Galaxy Nexus advert :P

-Ninjeh.

I don't know if the Crescent supports it, but it's in the gapps zip. You'd need a large system partition to fit it on though because it take up about 40mb.

Guest NinjehKitteh

I don't know if the Crescent supports it, but it's in the gapps zip. You'd need a large system partition to fit it on though because it take up about 40mb.

Okay, thanks.

When the camera support is added, I'll test it out and report back.

-Ninjeh.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I'm guessing facelock still won't work for ours, I haven't seen it in any other review video apart from the official Nexus ones, besides it'll probably end up requiring Armv7 like the Google Chrome does.

Also the most up to date versions of the Google Apps package doesn't include a facelock option in the lockscreen settings, the last version with facelock was 31/1 and it's pointless for us at the moment :

gapps-ics-facelock-20120131-signed.zip

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest NinjehKitteh

Can you add the latest YouTube to the Google Apps?

I found it after a little searching, and it's pretty good.

I'll link and screenshot when I get to my PC tomorrow.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

-Ninjeh.

The Google apps don't... work like that. I don't author them, either.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

-Ninjeh.

I doubt it, this is supposed to be CM9, not just another custom rom. So people who dev a CyanogenMod rom usually want to keep it identical to every other CyanogenMod release, then you can install what you want/need onto it. There's nothing to stop you installing the YouTube app on there if that's what you want but other people might not want that (Me for one).

Guest NinjehKitteh

I doubt it, this is supposed to be CM9, not just another custom rom. So people who dev a CyanogenMod rom usually want to keep it identical to every other CyanogenMod release, then you can install what you want/need onto it. There's nothing to stop you installing the YouTube app on there if that's what you want but other people might not want that (Me for one).

Is YouTube not classed as a default Google app?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Don't think so, I've installed the google apps zip from goo-inside each time and I can't remember seeing YouTube in it, probably because it has varying results on different phones.

Guest Dazzozo

Don't think so, I've installed the google apps zip from goo-inside each time and I can't remember seeing YouTube in it, probably because it has varying results on different phones.

I honestly don't see why they don't just package gapps with Play Store and that alone. You can grab everything else from the store itself.