[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

->Dazzozo: really great job, thank you rolleyes.gif

->PsYcHoKiLLa: could you tell me how you did to fix the deep sleep issue

Just turn off wireless before turning off the screen, you can use the power bar to do this, just configure your settings to show the wireless and "go to sleep" toggles. This will be fixed in the next release so it does it itself.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Don't think so, I've installed the google apps zip from goo-inside each time and I can't remember seeing YouTube in it, probably because it has varying results on different phones.

Oh okay. Well it was just a thought because when I installed the ROM I still had the same YouTube as I did on Gingerbread when I knew that there was a newer version. I just thought it might have been missed out that's all.

I'll still link and screenshot tomorrow for those who would like it.

-Ninjeh.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Hey!

First of all, the progress with the CM9 port is fantastic, so well done and thank you for your hard work and support. Secondly, I'm wondering if you know when the camera will be fixed? I use my camera a lot on my phone so I'm sticking to FnC until this is fixed, I prefer Cyanogenmod though so it'd be nice to have it on my SFII.

Thanks

Guest Dazzozo

Hey!

First of all, the progress with the CM9 port is fantastic, so well done and thank you for your hard work and support. Secondly, I'm wondering if you know when the camera will be fixed? I use my camera a lot on my phone so I'm sticking to FnC until this is fixed, I prefer Cyanogenmod though so it'd be nice to have it on my SFII.

Thanks

Rule #1: Don't ask for ETAs.

Edit: Full APN list added in next build. (not sure what the APN list is like in AOKP?)

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest welshrage

dont think there was an apn list in aopk mate, had to manually install my settings

Rule #1: Don't ask for ETAs.

Edit: Full APN list added in next build. (not sure what the APN list is like in AOKP?)

Guest welshrage

surprise?? shite i aint gonna sleep now :,o( gonna be checkin forum all night and need to be up at half four

ah well, couple of horlicks and i should pass out til the morning and not stay awake thru excitement

Nice surprise coming for some tonight. ;)

Guest Dazzozo

surprise?? shite i aint gonna sleep now :,o( gonna be checkin forum all night and need to be up at half four

ah well, couple of horlicks and i should pass out til the morning and not stay awake thru excitement

I wouldn't lose sleep over ROM business. :lol:

Guest RedZombie

@Dazzozo dude can you tell me if wireless tethering should work? My limited knowledge tells me that if wifi is working then it should... is it a CM9 thing? Just making sure I'm not being an idiot, not moaning, promise ;-)

Guest eventus

First of all thank you for your great job.

I'd like to help anyhow (may be to test anything in the beginning).

What I installed:

ROM

Google apps

I had a problem with GMail application, body of a message could not be read. I was just white, however, I was able to select text (but not read it). I updated from Play Store and it started to work. However, after several hours and some tries of different applications, I've got the same behavior. I've restarted the phone and found GMail working again as expected.

I suspect it was not enough memory.

I tried Voice to Text functionality but I did not understand what it does.

The mic appears for couple seconds and then disappears (like during crash). Then after some time it appears again. I've checked with examples on youtube Listening must appear, but it does not. If to press mic on Google search and then press to wrench Voice Search Options appears and disappears.

I tried Voice Dialer... I said "Dial 112" and got two suggestions: "Dial 811 2189" and "Dial 811 2089". Is it kernel problem?

The battery goes to flat too fast.

Are my expectation correct - 4.0.4 supposed to be faster and more efficient than 2.5.2 ?

I did not find how to toggle to Deep Sleep.

Turn on takes 45 seconds. Is it alright?

What do "Darktremor A2SD scripts" for?

Guest Dazzozo

First of all thank you for your great job.

I'd like to help anyhow (may be to test anything in the beginning).

What I installed:

ROM

Google apps

I had a problem with GMail application, body of a message could not be read. I was just white, however, I was able to select text (but not read it). I updated from Play Store and it started to work. However, after several hours and some tries of different applications, I've got the same behavior. I've restarted the phone and found GMail working again as expected.

I suspect it was not enough memory.

I tried Voice to Text functionality but I did not understand what it does.

The mic appears for couple seconds and then disappears (like during crash). Then after some time it appears again. I've checked with examples on youtube Listening must appear, but it does not. If to press mic on Google search and then press to wrench Voice Search Options appears and disappears.

I tried Voice Dialer... I said "Dial 112" and got two suggestions: "Dial 811 2189" and "Dial 811 2089". Is it kernel problem?

The battery goes to flat too fast.

Are my expectation correct - 4.0.4 supposed to be faster and more efficient than 2.5.2 ?

I did not find how to toggle to Deep Sleep.

Turn on takes 45 seconds. Is it alright?

What do "Darktremor A2SD scripts" for?

It just seems people are having unique issues. Make sure force hardware acceleration is off and you don't have a crippled system partition. Deep sleep is fixed in the next build.

Also, the battery life is fine. It is probably something you are doing. I've had too many people say this is the best part of the ROM. Turning wifi off manually will help sleep at the moment.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Will this ROM get updates such as camera like the CM7 2.3.7 ROM did?

Because I'm really loving ICS and downgrading to Gingerbread makes me sad :(

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Will this ROM get updates such as camera like the CM7 2.3.7 ROM did?

Because I'm really loving ICS and downgrading to Gingerbread makes me sad :(

-Ninjeh.

It's not as simple as that. The camera problem in ICS is completely unrelated and probably a lot harder (but possible) to solve. It just needs time put in to it like I said. It will get updates. They will all get updates as updates become worth putting out. There's one in the pipeline that fixes Wi-Fi deep sleep, adds APNs and actually gives the baseband a version. Camera is an ongoing quest of mine, these things don't fix themselves at a constant rate.

If it makes you sad, don't downgrade. ;)

Guest NinjehKitteh

It's not as simple as that. The camera problem in ICS is completely unrelated and probably a lot harder (but possible) to solve. It just needs time put in to it like I said. It will get updates. They will all get updates as updates become worth putting out. There's one in the pipeline that fixes Wi-Fi deep sleep, adds APNs and actually gives the baseband a version. Camera is an ongoing quest of mine, these things don't fix themselves at a constant rate.

If it makes you sad, don't downgrade. ;)

Great :D I'm loving ICS so far, first ROM I've ever flashed and I plan on keeping it, it's just so awesome.

Surprisingly, I've been living without the camera and it's pretty easy to say I used to take pictures everywhere (even though they were never of anything worth photographing :P)

I love the Extended Volume panel, it makes it so much easier to turn down everything without having to go into different apps.

It's just... awesome :D

-Ninjeh.

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Working:

• Hardware Acceleration
  • Mobile Data - 3G/2G
  • Network and RIL
  • Sound
  • Sensors
  • Live Wallpapers
  • USB Mass Storage
  • Calculator
  • Gallery
  • Wi-Fi and indicator

Not Working:
    • Camera
    • Vivacity home button doesn't act as a home button and instead does some other bonus function

The "some other bonus function" made me chuckle. I was going to reflash my phone and try running this command through adb:

adb shell su -- getevent -lt /dev/input/event1

to dump the input command it thinks it is getting when the home button is pressed. I don't seem to be able to connect to my phone through adb anymore though which I'm putting down to the the same dodgy USB cable I had trouble charging with before. Do you think this would be of any use (the shell dump, not the crappy cable)?

Edited by BrideOfTheAtom

Guest Dazzozo

The "some other bonus function" made me chuckle. I was going to reflash my phone and try running this command through adb:

adb shell su -- getevent -lt /dev/input/event1

to dump the input command it thinks it is getting when the home button is pressed. I don't seem to be able to connect to my phone through adb anymore though which I'm putting down to the the same dodgy USB cable I had trouble charging with before. Do you think this would be of any use (the shell dump, not the crappy cable)?

Give it a go and see what you find. You may get lucky and contribute to the fix. ;) It definitely does something - it seems to put a border around the first app in the app drawer.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

Give it a go and see what you find. You may get lucky and contribute to the fix. ;) It definitely does something - it seems to put a border around the first app in the app drawer.

It seems to select the top left most item. Like when on the browser, for me it usually scrolls to the top and selects the logo.

You should try and work out what it actually does, it could come in handy for some day (I just don't know how :P)

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

It seems to select the top left most item. Like when on the browser, for me it usually scrolls to the top and selects the logo.

You should try and work out what it actually does, it could come in handy for some day (I just don't know how :P)

-Ninjeh.

The Vivacity has a search button, right? Does that function correctly?