[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

The display and touchscreen driver? Maybe I can edit some stuff and see if something works

It's all pre-compiled to you - it's down in the kernel and there's the Adreno libraries, but that's about it.

Guest BLu3HaZe

It's all pre-compiled to you - it's down in the kernel and there's the Adreno libraries, but that's about it.

Ah, thanks anyway. Too bad though, wish they were separate files like in other OSs, so easy to replace or edit one thing at a time, on the fly and test. Not much of a linux user here so very little knowledge on this stuff, sorry.

Guest Dazzozo

Oh as the touchscreen is less responsive in CM9 than in Seb's, while the UI is much faster

I still don't think the touchscreen files we have are quite right, but I think this has something to do with the specific controllers. It's very responsive for me.

Ah, thanks anyway. Too bad though, wish they were separate files like in other OSs, so easy to replace or edit one thing at a time, on the fly and test. Not much of a linux user here so very little knowledge on this stuff, sorry.

You're more than welcome to try compiling your own kernel and poking around editing things there. :P

Guest Dazzozo

I might be a little slow for a week. I've got some Computing coursework that has a surprise deadline that I need to rush do well. It won't stop me completely, though. ;)

Guest BLu3HaZe

I still don't think the touchscreen files we have are quite right, but I think this has something to do with the specific controllers. It's very responsive for me.

Ah, that explains it, would you have an Amtel by any chance? Cuz I see from logs posted around here that seems more common.

You're more than welcome to try compiling your own kernel and poking around editing things there. :P

No thanks tongue.gif I'd rather not fry this thing so soon, easier to wait for you to fix a stable build.

On second thought, I got another oldie to spare so any pointers to start Android cooking/editing? Much appreciated as the net is a jungle smile.gif

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest NinjehKitteh

I might be a little slow for a week. I've got some Computing coursework that has a surprise deadline that I need to rush do well. It won't stop me completely, though. ;)

Well, as long as you're still gonna be here a little, it's good enough ;)

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Ah, that explains it, would you have an Amtel by any chance? Cuz I see from logs posted around here that seems more common.

Pretty sure it's not, but I haven't checked to know for sure.

On second thought, I got another oldie to spare so any pointers to start Android cooking/editing? Much appreciated as the net is a jungle smile.gif

I started here. http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/ZTE_Blade:_Compile_CyanogenMod_(Linux)

Edit: Link is broken, not my fault. Modaco broke it. You'll figure it out if you're smart. ;)

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest BLu3HaZe

Pretty sure it's not, but I haven't checked to know for sure.

Well I just checked out http://android.modac...ost__p__1859214 as fr0do seems to be having bad battery life with CM7, so he has an amtel. That and the LCD screen itself are the only difference between his and mine, so I'm guessing I should be ok with CM7. Will report that tomorrow anyway.

Thanks!! :) I will try learning up some stuff and to help with something. Hope it works with Madriva though, I got older Ubuntu versions.

Edit - I did figure it out, not that hard to spot wink.gif

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest Dazzozo

Well I just checked out as fr0do seems to be having bad battery life with CM7, so he has an amtel. That and the LCD screen itself are the only difference between his and mine, so I'm guessing I should be ok with CM7. Will report that tomorrow anyway.

Thanks!! :) I will try learning up some stuff and to help with something. Hope it works with Madriva though, I got older Ubuntu versions.

FWIW I'm using Debian Squeeze.

Edit: The VM that PsYcHoKiLLa hosts that does some of the builds is some kind of Ubuntu 12.04 prerelease, I believe.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Good luck with your coursework, I'm sure CM9 development can wait. Of course if you're enjoying working on it then don't let it stop you :P

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Why are people having battery issues? I use this every day at college and I get the bus home with 85%. :blink:

You didn't release the fix tho remember, although I was able to get great battery usage just by turning the wireless off.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

You didn't release the fix tho remember, although I was able to get great battery usage just by turning the wireless off.

Oh crap. Yeah... :lol:

Guest RedZombie

Gmail white screening is a common issue. The same can probably be said for widgets.

Meaning common to all ICS? Fair enough, gives you one less problem and one for Google to fix! :)

Guest NinjehKitteh

Gmail white screening is a common issue. The same can probably be said for widgets.

I haven't had that issue with GMail at all, but I'm not sure about the widgets as I don't use them, except the clock which is fine :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Meaning common to all ICS? Fair enough, gives you one less problem and one for Google to fix! :)

It's not for Google to fix. It's just upstream and out of my control.

Guest RedZombie

I found I had to do a few wipes before flashing to get rid of some persistent anomolies. Just sayin' :)

Do you mean like flash...boot...factory reset....boot...factory reset....etc or multiple format and flashing?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Do you mean like flash...boot...factory reset....boot...factory reset....etc or multiple format and flashing?

wiping usually means going into Clockwork Recovery and doing a dalvik cache wipe, or some other kind of wipe. Basically wiping any of the CACHES should keep your data.

Guest RedZombie

wiping usually means going into Clockwork Recovery and doing a dalvik cache wipe, or some other kind of wipe. Basically wiping any of the CACHES should keep your data.

I always wipe data, cache, dalvik cache and system before flashing. I'm guessing that's getting rid of absolutely everything and starting again?