[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest eventus

Regarding deep sleep and battery use.

I turned off WiFi and my phone has never gone to deep sleep.

Several days I tried to use only phone functions (phone calls, SMSes, stand by), one day was the maximum time for the battery.

I noticed, during the night it was 19% discharged in 8 hours in standby and idle. I killed all applications and tried again. It did not help. In 24 hours my battery becomes flat.

CPU Spy says 95% of time phone was working in 122MHz.

With giffgaff's ROM it lasts for 4 days.

Edit:

Now, I put this ROM - DroidTE_0.1.zip

One hour of stand by and still 100% of battery.

Edited by eventus

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

This IS still a rom under construction, even if the default CM9 was finished, which it isn't, it hasn't been made specifically for our phones, these guys, Dazzozo included, have given up their free time, are NOT being paid to do so, to try their best to get Android 4, an operating system which was never meant to work on these phones, to run on them.

If you're not willing to risk the faults or problems that might arise from using what is, as the disclaimer at the beginning of the thread says, beta software and a work in progress, then DON'T USE IT.

They owe you nothing, they are being paid nothing.

That being said, it has been proven that turning off the wireless when you turn off the screen and also using the sleep toggle button which you can add to the power bar will get you a LOT more battery life. I'm using the same rom on a San Francisco II and I get LOADS of battery life.

Guest eventus

Thank you guys.

I'm not complaining, I'm trying to help, as of now by raising issues I can find, later on by development elaboration (I hope).

Wireless was off, I toggled it through power bar and I did not use the screen. Regarding the sleep, I understood it was supposed to go into deep sleep automatically, now I see I had to toggle it manually.

Currently I'm using three different ROMs, checking differences to find/give a clue for some problems. This one, giffgaff's, and raverrr & n4rulez'.

I'm open to assist with all my abilities to improve the one.

Guest Dazzozo

Just to let everyone know, there's a new build of the ICS Google Apps available dated 22nd April.

http://goo.im/gapps/

Immortalised in the OP. Cheers! :P

Edit: Change log coming through...

• APKs and libs updated to 4.0.4 versions where available
  • Google Play Store's APK renamed from Vending.apk (Gingerbread standard) to Phonesky.apk (ICS standard)
  • Google Play Store updated to 3.5.16
  • Gmail removed as it is now available in the Google Play Store

Edit 2: Dude... Phonesky?

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

tilal's doing some weird business with the repos. android_device_zte_common has become zte_common_depreciated and things generally look a bit weird at the moment.

Guest bigeyes23

hi!

first thanks for your great job ;-)

and now i think i've find two issues, concerning internet shared via usb or wifi (access point) :

1/ when i try to share my internet access with other devices (such pcs) via usb, i tick case and it untick after 2 seconds... so i can't share my connection! it works fine with original rom and fish&chips release 4+

2/ why i can't share via wifi????? there's bluetooth but it's not what i wan't, and i don't find wifi option... that's normal? i've this option in the original rom and fish&chips too, with android 2.3.5.

i'm very sorry for my bad english... if you don't understand what i mean, tell me :-)

thanks for your answers!

bigeyes

Guest Dazzozo

hi!

first thanks for your great job ;-)

and now i think i've find two issues, concerning internet shared via usb or wifi (access point) :

1/ when i try to share my internet access with other devices (such pcs) via usb, i tick case and it untick after 2 seconds... so i can't share my connection! it works fine with original rom and fish&chips release 4+

2/ why i can't share via wifi????? there's bluetooth but it's not what i wan't, and i don't find wifi option... that's normal? i've this option in the original rom and fish&chips too, with android 2.3.5.

i'm very sorry for my bad english... if you don't understand what i mean, tell me :-)

thanks for your answers!

bigeyes

These don't work because they haven't even been considered a priority yet. This ROM is NOT final. I won't be able to work on this until Wednesday. Tuesday evening at the very earliest.

Guest bigeyes23

These don't work because they haven't even been considered a priority yet. This ROM is NOT final. I won't be able to work on this until Wednesday. Tuesday evening at the very earliest.

ok, thanks! i'll wait and see ;-)

Guest Dazzozo

Right, as far as I can gather, tilal has scrapped the idea of having a common repo between the ZTE devices and this means I need to start moving the common contents in. Along with integrated kernel building, this is my priority when I return on Wednesday.

Guest AmbushReality

Thats strange, it works for me on FNC v4, I'm on a TMV though.

Really? Damn xD

EDIT: Ignore me it does work. Much smoother than iplayer tbh.

Edited by AmbushReality

Guest NinjehKitteh

For TMV users, a way to get past the home button problem is go into Settings < Developer Options < Long Press back button to close apps. Works great :)

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

For TMV users, a way to get past the home button problem is go into Settings < Developer Options < Long Press back button to close apps. Works great :)

-Ninjeh.

You realise that kills them, right?

Just checking. :lol:

Guest NinjehKitteh

I'm not sure whether it's just my phone, the apps or the ROM, but I'm still getting big caches. I'll screenshot in a few minutes when I get to my computer.

-Ninjeh.

EDIT: I cleared my cache with ES Task Manager at 16:50

Screenshot_2012_04_23_16_50_09.png

I went on the browser and Facebook for 30 seconds each, nothing else, and it's gone to this:

Screenshot_2012_04_23_16_51_43.png

Is anybody else getting this?

Edited by NinjehKitteh

Guest BenTheHuman

I'm not sure whether it's just my phone, the apps or the ROM, but I'm still getting big caches. I'll screenshot in a few minutes when I get to my computer.

-Ninjeh.

EDIT: I cleared my cache with ES Task Manager at 16:50

Screenshot_2012_04_23_16_50_09.png

I went on the browser and Facebook for 30 seconds each, nothing else, and it's gone to this:

Screenshot_2012_04_23_16_51_43.png

Is anybody else getting this?

Im getting pretty much the same thing. i use app2sd to move stuff then i find that without changing anything the internal memory has filled up completely with cache. so i have to go around clearing everything major annoyance

Guest NinjehKitteh

Pretty sure this is just the same problem I had on Gingerbread, I've not noticed different.

I used to get caches this big on Gingerbread, but over a few hours, not a single minute. I clear it about 100 times a day anyway, just thought it was worth mentioning :)

-Ninjeh.