[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I'd point out, yet again, that this rom is still in beta and we need to get official recognition by CyanogenMod to get the assistance of lots of other developers, although Daz (and Fuzzra) had to struggle on themselves learning as they went, CM developers will have more experience with the devices and access to drivers, etc that would not be readily available to our guys. Once we have that then the camera and everything else should fall into place. Don't forget these phones aren't being supported by ZTE to have ICS on them.

Guest fr0do

I had the 3rd option in amphoras TPTs. Just downloaded the ICS TPT but I don't seem to have the system update setting any longer in "about phone" in CM7. And as I have CWM4 installed I guess I can't boot into update :( :(

Oh wait there's an option in CWM right... hmmm... no :(

Edited by fr0do

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I had the 3rd option in amphoras TPTs. Just downloaded the ICS TPT but I don't seem to have the system update setting any longer in "about phone" in CM7. And as I have CWM4 installed I guess I can't boot into update

Oh wait there's an option in CWM right... hmmm... no

Cos anytime you change TPT you lose the ability to update the rom you had in, you will probably not be able to install any backups of the roms you did with CWM either. That's why I get on the ICS TPT as soon as I saw it was available, I'd seen a few posts saying the data and "user"? partitions need to be as big as possible

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest fr0do

No no no :P I'm talking about flashing the damn TPT. CM7 removes the menu option. Re-flashed FNC4 and updated - trying again now ;)

Ah - we're in. Google signup ;)

Edited by fr0do

Guest Liamness

I should probably read through the thread before updating in the future. About to drive up to Scotland with this 'interesting' new feature installed... serves me right I suppose. :P

Guest Dazzozo

Just wondering if I haven't changed my phones TPT will I have to change it in order to use this ROM?

If everything's been fine for you so far you don't need to change. It's just for those experiencing problems.

Guest Dazzozo

Hmm, it's exactly the same for me, I'm still having to navigate using a pointer. Hmm.

Now that's definitely not right. Let me take a look.

Edit: can you get the output of "adb shell ls /system/usr/idc/"?

Edit 2: This does sound a little bizarre. Can anyone else confirm it's still broken on R2a?

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest AmbushReality

Now that's definitely not right. Let me take a look.

Edit: can you get the output of "adb shell ls /system/usr/idc/"?

Edit 2: This does sound a little bizarre. Can anyone else confirm it's still broken on R2a?

sorry to state the obvious or sound stupid but is there a prebuilt config in cm9 to give that type of screen a cursor? Edited by AmbushReality

Guest Dazzozo

well it was just a noobish suggestion really. I dunno what most of this means cos i aint a dev myself xD

Well, it was quite accurate to what I'd already tried. :P

Edit: Well, put it this way. It won't be something that's changed in CM. It will be the device config rewrite. I've now moved over anything vaguely touch screen related, so this should in theory have fixed it but I need more verification that R2a is still broken for Synaptics users.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest AmbushReality

Well, it was quite accurate to what I'd already tried. :P

Edit: Well, put it this way. It won't be something that's changed in CM. It will be the device config rewrite. I've now moved over anything vaguely touch screen related, so this should in theory have fixed it but I need more verification that R2a is still broken for Synaptics users.

im not even going to try to understand the awesomeness of what you just said ;P Edited by AmbushReality

Guest robt77

I am probably being thick, but I can't see the link to down load the new build which fixes the issue some were having with the pointer on the new build. If you show me where it is and I will see if it works.

Edited by robt77

Guest Dazzozo

Never mind. I'm completely dense and never even put the links up.

Edit: Oh. I did, just Modaco's new post editor sucks and you can't just paste links over anymore. They are now properly up.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest robt77

no worries, if you put it up this evening I will flash it and let you know how I get on. Though am upgrading Ubuntu presently and hoping it doesn't crash on me. :) Also totally off to[pic but is the times on the posts an hour out?

Guest Dazzozo

They seem right for me, it's an account thing. You can adjust your timezone in the forum settings.

The actual build is up now, by the way. Bottom of the first post.

Guest robt77

sorted the time thing thanks. I got a file not found when I tried to download the new rom. thanks for your help and the time you are putting towards this Rom i really appreciate it

edit, the google link failed but downloaded off the other link

Edited by robt77

Guest robt77

Thanks Dazzozo, the new build has got rid of that awful pointer thing . Again Much appreciated

Edit Google Play is not working properly, it just says 403 error and will not download/install anything from the market. Any ideas?

I have tried removing account and re signing in and also tried creating a new google account but still getting same 403 error message

Edit 2 Strange Google Play seems to be working this morning

Edited by robt77