[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Tapatalk is refusing to let me post links correctly. It's sej's post on http://android.modac...de#entry1942455 towards the very end.

I used camera-signed.zip as the other created a camera.blade.so which I thought would be pretty useless, and the preview was fixed! ...for one frame!

The camera opened and the preview just displayed a static image from when the camera first started. Is this expected?

Guest Carlover

Rear, which is all that I have enabled in the kernel at the moment, is OV5640.

Front which is disabled is OVM7690.

Also I poked around in shell and /dev/msm_camera/control0 exists, even though it claims no such file or directory.

Sorry to interrupt your working of magic on the camera for a second, but you say the rear camera is OV5640, right?

That sensor is 720p and even 1080p capable in terms of recording (See this: The OV5640 enables 720p HD video at 60 frames per second (fps) and 1080p HD video at 30 fps with complete user control over formatting and output data transfer. The 720p/60 HD video is captured in full field of view (FOV) with 2 x 2 binning, which doubles the sensitivity and improves the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) - at http://www.ovt.com/p...id=93&limit=220).

By default, the sensor doesn't do 720 or 1080 for that matter, and so I was thinking that wouldn't it be possible to modify the media_profiles.xml to allow for this? (Once the camera is working, obviously).

EDIT: just found out there is no xml, would have to create one.

Edited by Carlover

Guest Dazzozo

Well it was a long slog but we got there in the end :D

Yep! All that remains now (I think) is the Vivacity home button being mapped to something other than home. That's all that's device specific, I think.

Edit: Oh, and dhd.ko being overwritten by the one built with the integrated kernel.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Sorry to interrupt your working of magic on the camera for a second, but you say the rear camera is OV5640, right?

That sensor is 720p and even 1080p capable in terms of recording (See this: The OV5640 enables 720p HD video at 60 frames per second (fps) and 1080p HD video at 30 fps with complete user control over formatting and output data transfer. The 720p/60 HD video is captured in full field of view (FOV) with 2 x 2 binning, which doubles the sensitivity and improves the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) - at http://www.ovt.com/p...id=93&limit=220).

By default, the sensor doesn't do 720 or 1080 for that matter, and so I was thinking that wouldn't it be possible to modify the media_profiles.xml to allow for this? (Once the camera is working, obviously).

EDIT: just found out there is no xml

We'll have to make a media_profiles.xml at some point, but you're assuming the sensor is the only thing that needs to cope with these settings. You also need a decent CPU to chew through the capture which we just don't have.

Guest Carlover

We'll have to make a media_profiles.xml at some point, but you're assuming the sensor is the only thing that needs to cope with these settings. You also need a decent CPU to chew through the capture which we just don't have.

Good point, would be interesting to see what sort of fps you would get with 720p though (with say a slightly overclocked CPU).

Guest Dazzozo

Good point, would be interesting to see what sort of fps you would get with 720p though (with say a slightly overclocked CPU).

It's definitely something to experiment with when this is a finished product but don't expect miracles.

Guest Carlover

It's definitely something to experiment with when this is a finished product but don't expect miracles.

Yeah of course, this came to mind when I remember I modified the xml for my tablet to record with a higher bitrate, which could also be tried too when it does become a finished product :D

Guest Dazzozo

The vivacity home button:

Could someone post a logcat from the beginning of the boot animation?

Also: https://github.com/C...324bd00bcfc2834

This seems to have broken integrated kernel building for me. CROSS_COMPILE is never set.

Edit: Yep, ran git revert on it and building is fine.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest MadEye Moody

Phone hangs just after boot. It must be something I installed recently, since it was working ok yesterday (only a couple of reboots). I have SmartScreen Off Pro and Easy Task Killer set to run at startup. (Easy task killer was installed today).

Now clearing cache, dalvik cache and rebooting. Is there a way I could remove startup apps without actually starting up?

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

The vivacity home button:

Could someone post a logcat from the beginning of the boot animation?

I'm happy to do this if you could tell me how to record a logcat from boot?

Edited by BrideOfTheAtom

Guest Dazzozo

I'm happy to do this if you could tell me how to record a logcat from boot?

Plug USB in with USB debugging enabled and type "adb logcat > logcat.txt" in a CMD window the second you power it on. When everything's up and running, hit CTRL + C in the CMD window and grab logcat.txt from the folder CMD was in at the time.

Guest MadEye Moody

Phone hangs just after boot. It must be something I installed recently, since it was working ok yesterday (only a couple of reboots). I have SmartScreen Off Pro and Easy Task Killer set to run at startup. (Easy task killer was installed today).

Now clearing cache, dalvik cache and rebooting. Is there a way I could remove startup apps without actually starting up?

After clearing cache and dalvik cache, a2sd seems to have stoped working. running a2sd repair. it rebooted

Guest Dazzozo

I can think of another ADB based solution like above, "adb shell", go to /data/app and nastily "rm badapp.apk" where badapp is whatever you're removing.

Not sure if there's a better way of doing it.