[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest BenTheHuman

Great work concerning the camera etc. Quick question though, i noticed earlier that on the homescreen folders could be made via dragging one app ontop of the other and thus creating the folder however when i tried to organise my apps menu in the same style, it doesnt let you make folders or move anything at all. now would this be fixed so that folders can be made inside the apps menu?

Guest Dazzozo

Great work concerning the camera etc. Quick question though, i noticed earlier that on the homescreen folders could be made via dragging one app ontop of the other and thus creating the folder however when i tried to organise my apps menu in the same style, it doesnt let you make folders or move anything at all. now would this be fixed so that folders can be made inside the apps menu?

I don't make the operating system, nor its launcher. There is nothing to "fix" here, I'm bringing CM9 (which doesn't have this feature) to the Crescent, which is a distribution of ICS (which also doesn't have this feature).

Guest BenTheHuman

I don't make the operating system, nor its launcher. There is nothing to "fix" here, I'm bringing CM9 (which doesn't have this feature) to the Crescent, which is a distribution of ICS (which also doesn't have this feature).

ok cheers

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Congratulations Dazzozo. The patch worked a treat. I can confirm that the home button now functions normally. RIP Special "home button" Feature.

Edited by BrideOfTheAtom

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Now is there any way of turning off the vibrations when using the keypad? I've turned off most of them by going through Settings > Sound > Vibrate on touch [unchecked] but it still vibrates when using the keypad. The camera app also starts up and displays an image but it freezes when you try and take a picture. I haven't been using ICS up to this point so I'm not sure where development is up to regarding the camera.

Guest Carlover

Not sure anyone has confirmed this yet, but I can indeed confirm that the device name now displays correctly in Google Play :D Awesome work guys!

EDIT: It shows up as Unknown ZTE Crescent - So it isn't fixed :(

Edited by Carlover

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Actually what is strange about the camera app is that it doesn't fully freeze when you try and take a picture. The image locks but when you turn the phone the gallery preview icon in the corner rotates as does the viewfinder (the [ ] in the middle of the camera view). Is it just having a hard time saving to the SD card?

The take picture button also works. As in it shows a response when you click it.

Edited by BrideOfTheAtom

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Ah cool. I just thought I'd report it as up until now I'm not sure how many vivacity owners are running ICS. Do you have any idea about turning off the keypad vibrations Tilal?

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Turn off haptic feedback in sound settings.

I did this "Settings > Sound > Vibrate on touch [unchecked]" but it still vibrates when using the keypad. It does turn off all other vibrations though (unlock, applications menu selection etc).

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

No idea since it will only show up on a vivacity because 'its the only one that has softkeys and I don't have one.

Ah I've fixed it. You have to press and hold the microphone on the keyboard to bring up a dialog that lets you alter "Android keyboard settings". Within that menu you can deselect "Vibrate on keypress". Sweet :D

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Sorry for not being clearer! Pretty good day overall though on the vivacity side of things I must say. As always the development work is much appreciated.

Guest tilal6991
Sorry for not being clearer! Pretty good day overall though on the vivacity side of things I must say. As always the development work is much appreciated.

No problem. I thought you meant the vivacity keys.

Guest Carlover

I think I've found a small bug (apart from the device name in GP) --- It's kinda hard to explain, but basically in any app that has a 'popup' open, and you then exit that app, the popup will get 'squashed' when that app closes. I can put a video up if you don't fully understand?

Edit: Take for instance, Adfree Android, when the popup saying 'Local Host Files updated' or whatever it does say, and then you exit the app with that popup still on the screen, it will get squashed Un-naturally in the process of the app being closed.

Edited by Carlover

Guest Dazzozo

Is the Vivacity issue going to occur for those with the atmel touch controller? Should there also be an atmel-touchscreen.kl?

Do Vivacity devices even exist with atmels?

Edited by Dazzozo