[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Downloaded and installed out of curiosity. ICS is rather beautiful isn't it? Buttery smooth also. I'll be going back to FnC for now though.

If I wanted to get rid of some apps before installing, how would I go about that? Could I just unzip the update package, delete some apks then repackage everything, and bob's your uncle? Or is there more to it than that? I'm wondering if some snipping here and there could make this ROM a bit smaller...

*edit*

Yeah, doesn't look like that would save much space actually. But... could I drop an apk of my own in there? I'm wondering because the ROM, as far as I can tell, has no file explorer. Combined with the lack of connectivity, I can't really install anything unless I use data.

Oh, and I hereby request that this thread be pinned.

No file explorer until and if one gets put in CM9, but yeah you can easily cut the ROM up like that and shove things in. I tend to uninstall a lot of the included apps straight after installing myself - but I'm serving this as close to CM9 as possible.

Guest RedZombie

AOKP. Not tested Wi-Fi yet but as it's running on the same kernel as CM9 it's probably a no.

Edit: Next build of CM9 will also have the CM9 boot screen. I'll keep a flashable version of the ICS one that should be compatible with both ROMs.

Edit 2: Fixed RIL. Packaging zip again.

Edit 3: Crap. Going to apply the dithering fix to AOKP, forgot that. :lol:

Edit 4: Quite handy that they can run the same kernel, though.

How's it coming along dude? Not pressuring btw, just curious and keen to test!

Guest Dazzozo

How's it coming along dude? Not pressuring btw, just curious and keen to test!

You're waiting on a weedy dual-core machine to compile it I'm afraid!

Actually... it's quite close to finishing.

Guest RedZombie

:-) awesome! Going to do a quick flash of FnC 6 until then out of curiosity

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

If you want a beast to compile for you, I've got 8 cores at 3.6GHz (overclocked with watercooling :) ) and 16GB of memory, I can do a build for you if you want...as long as you give me instructions or you could even just remote it.

Guest Dazzozo

If you want a beast to compile for you, I've got 8 cores at 3.6GHz (overclocked with watercooling :) ) and 16GB of memory, I can do a build for you if you want...as long as you give me instructions or you could even just remote it.

I could use my PC but I'm using it, so I'm using a weedy Acer Aspire 7735Z for compiling. The problem with you doing the builds is it would involve having monolithic amounts of source code downloaded!

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I could use my PC but I'm using it, so I'm using a weedy Acer Aspire 7735Z for compiling. The problem with you doing the builds is it would involve having monolithic amounts of source code downloaded!

Meh, I have a large hard drive (ooer)

Guest Dazzozo

Meh, I have a large hard drive (ooer)

Oh baby. Anyway, yeah, if we could work something out I'd give it a try.

AOKP: Testing the build!

Guest welshrage

been watching this forum for quite some time,hiding in the shadows,testing each released build... you guys are doing some fantastic work,i have a question... what hardware and software would i need to compile roms? i have a keen heart and quick learning brain ;-)

Next on the agenda is Wi-Fi. This should be a on-size-fits-all fix for both ROMs.

Guest Dazzozo

been watching this forum for quite some time,hiding in the shadows,testing each released build... you guys are doing some fantastic work,i have a question... what hardware and software would i need to compile roms? i have a keen heart and quick learning brain ;-)

Hardware: Anything, but if it's not decent you're going to have a hard time.

Software: Linux or you're going to have a hard time. I'm using Debian right now.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Liamness

If anyone else is struggling with the lack of wifi and the lack of a file explorer included in the rom, I just installed titaniumbackup using 'adb install <path>.apk', and then I just restored everything I'd been previously using with the FnC rom. Now to work out how to restore my google contacts...

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Hardware: Anything, but if it's not decent you're going to have a hard time.

Software: Linux or you're going to have a hard time. I'm using Debian right now.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3op48l/

Guest Liamness

How is the GPS for you guys? I have OSFII, GPS doesn't seem to be able to get a fix at all. On FnC, lock was pretty much instant.

In more positive news, mp3s play just fine for me.

Edited by Liamness

Guest Reider59

Not tried the KANG version yet but tried this one again after 2 previous tryouts. It just gets better each time. Found it silky smooth and very responsive. Once the Wifi, Camera etc are working we`re going to have two maybe 3 excellent ROMS if the Kang one is as good. I knew I was wiping the phone to put FnC r6 on but actually found myself pausing to look around some more. Something I didn`t do the last couple of times. Its a WIP and its looking really really tempting....... Thanks for all the effort guys.

Guest Dazzozo

How is the GPS for you guys? I have OSFII, GPS doesn't seem to be able to get a fix at all. On FnC, lock was pretty much instant.

In more positive news, mp3s play just fine for me.

I'll investigate it. I actually think I completely forgot about GPS. :blink:

Guest app10336

Same has aokp version

Lux and proxymity captor no work (Brightness patch applied)

GPS/accelerometer/compass/magnetic running fine.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Woohoo, We got a build environment up (Eventually...Sun Java is a P.O.S. on Ubuntu...who knew!? :) ). From a 3 hour build down to 45 minutes, just a test build though to test the speed and environment with some stuff missing, I'll be happy with about an hour.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest welshrage

let my phone charge overnight after installing rom... couple of lil niggles... gmail wont open mail,it just closes back to homescreen and every now and again the borders of the screen flash red :-( other wise great rom,fantastic speed and cant wait for camera and wifi (have only got gprs where i live and gotta wait til tomorrow to get into a 3g area where i work

edited post: switching back to FnC6 for now,too many hang ups and freezes,unless i missed something during install??

Edited by welshrage

Guest welshrage

yip sure did.. when installing the gingerbread based roms i used to wipe data/factory reset and also wipe cache partition then wipe dalvik .. but on these new ics based roms i wipe data/factory rest and format /system..

Did you do these two steps?

Guest domenico lamberti

Lovely and buttery smooth, only problems so fr is that certain apps like draw something and occcasionally GMail crash almost straight away and require a reboot to work again