[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Front camera issue is making me cry a bit. It's the same issue faced in CM7 it seems.

It's not helped by the fact this seems to be the only phone with the OVM7690. Ah well, we'll press on.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Front camera issue is making me cry a bit. It's the same issue faced in CM7 it seems.

It's not helped by the fact this seems to be the only phone with the OVM7690. Ah well, we'll press on.

I'm sure you'll fix it Daz, you've fixed nearly everything else :D

Before long, this'll be complete and you can look back and think 'Phew!'

-Ninjeh.

Guest reedo_17

i am running this rom (latest version) on my vivacity. Very good rom but the market doesn't have the same apps as what i had on the fish n chips rom does anybody have a fix ? (i take it is something to with the build prop) e.g. GTA 3 used to work but it instantly force closes and also nfl flick kick quarterback freezes

Edited by reedo_17

Guest Titas

@Daz

I would hold off on trying to fix front camera. I have some important info in that area

Sssshhh!! Crazy Horse - do you hear something???

Edited following further info from Psycho :P

Edited by Titas

Guest beavis77

i am running this rom (latest version) on my vivacity. Very good rom but the market doesn't have the same apps as what i had on the fish n chips rom does anybody have a fix ? (i take it is something to with the build prop) e.g. GTA 3 used to work but it instantly force closes and also nfl flick kick quarterback freezes

This is most likely due to the fact that ICS / CM9 it is a much later version of the operating system. Think of it as Windows7 vs. Windows XP. The games may simply not be compatible with this OS version.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Sssshhh!! Do you hear something???

How do you know it's good news? As far as I know we're just waiting for a bunch of codecs for the 7227 series but it might be a wait.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest reedo_17

This is most likely due to the fact that ICS / CM9 it is a much later version of the operating system. Think of it as Windows7 vs. Windows XP. The games may simply not be compatible with this OS version.

i no this but i have a tablet running ics which allows me to play the exact same apk

Guest NinjehKitteh

There are some problems with app incompatibility at the moment, but it'll get sorted sooner or later.

If you want them really bad, install FnC and download them and back them up with Titanium Backup or ES File Explorer.

Then you can re-install this ROM if you want and just install them from Titanium Backup or from your SD card.

-Ninjeh.

Guest reedo_17

There are some problems with app incompatibility at the moment, but it'll get sorted sooner or later.

If you want them really bad, install FnC and download them and back them up with Titanium Backup or ES File Explorer.

Then you can re-install this ROM if you want and just install them from Titanium Backup or from your SD card.

-Ninjeh.

i have restored apps like nfl flick kick quaterback and gta 3 from titanium backup and they dont work

Guest NinjehKitteh

i have restored apps like nfl flick kick quaterback and gta 3 from titanium backup and they dont work

It could be because the apps run differently on Gingerbread than ICS. If you back them up with ES File Explorer, you will lose all of your levels, but you should be able to install them again as it just saves the .apk files to your memory card.

-Ninjeh.

Guest reedo_17

It could be because the apps run differently on Gingerbread than ICS. If you back them up with ES File Explorer, you will lose all of your levels, but you should be able to install them again as it just saves the .apk files to your memory card.

-Ninjeh.

does the same already tried it

Guest windy_miller

I am on FnC and Google Play reports that GTA III is not compatible with my phone. How did you install it in the firsat place?!

Guest gemuuu

Got myself in a bit of a mess... loaded the rom but it wouldn't install the google app pack so I can't get on the Play Store. Is there a way to get this on? When I reboot with volume down it just sticks on FTM screen rather than going to clockwork mod?

Seem to have tried a bit more than I can handle.

Edited by gemuuu

Guest Dazzozo

Got myself in a bit of a mess... loaded the rom but it wouldn't install the google app pack so I can't get on the Play Store. Is there a way to get this on? When I reboot with volume down it just sticks on FTM screen rather than going to clockwork mod?

Seem to have tried a bit more than I can handle.

So how exactly did you install the ROM in the first place if you don't have CWM?

Guest gemuuu

So how exactly did you install the ROM in the first place if you don't have CWM?

I used CWM to install the ROM but now it just won't seem to let me boot in to it. Is there another way to get in to CWM other than vol down on reboot?

Guest Dazzozo

lil thing, WiFi is draining the battery a bit too much imho... but i can live with that :)

Don't think that's Wi-Fi related.

I used CWM to install the ROM but now it just won't seem to let me boot in to it. Is there another way to get in to CWM other than vol down on reboot?

Somehow you managed to uninstall CWM in the process and revert to stock FTM recovery.