[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

Woo,,,,,it can working well after I try again....It seems to be a misstake that I also choose Wipe cache partition.....

If you're coming from another ROM, or if you've installed something wrong, always Format your phone and install it again.

-Ninjeh.

Guest MadEye Moody

Do what you want to your phone.

I've had CM9 flashed for months in various versions (with only using other ROMs for testing), as I kinda need to being the author of it, and I don't understand your last question.

Please be nicer to people who are saying that they don't understand what you are trying to tell them.

As I understand, he wants ICS, but when he tried it, he couldn't get his keys working. So he flashed another ROM, but he still wants ICS. Thats why he asked you what he might have done wrong and how he could correct it. I dont suppose he would have asked a question in the 1st place if he was not willing to try your CM9.

And, since you know English and he doesn't, try to tell him things in a simpler language (well, simpler English)

Guest MadEye Moody

Woo,,,,,it can working well after I try again....It seems to be a misstake that I also choose Wipe cache partition.....

@HaoRui

If you want to install CM9, follow these steps :

Have you copied the CM9 ROM, gapps and vivacity kernel to SD Card ?

First, copy

CM9 ROM (01052012-cm9-blade2.zip)

gapps (gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip)

vivacity kernel (01052012-cm9-blade2-p736e-patch.zip)

to the SD Card

Boot to ClockworkMod Recovery

Wipe dalvik cache/ factory reset

goto mounts and storage

format /system

come back to ClockworkMod Recovery main menu

install zip from sdcard :

install 01052012-cm9-blade2.zip

install gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

install 01052012-cm9-blade2-p736e-patch.zip

reboot.

wait for bootloader to finish

check if your buttons work.

Post the result in this forum.

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest Dazzozo

Please be nicer to people who are saying that they don't understand what you are trying to tell them.

As I understand, he wants ICS, but when he tried it, he couldn't get his keys working. So he flashed another ROM, but he still wants ICS. Thats why he asked you what he might have done wrong and how he could correct it. I dont suppose he would have asked a question in the 1st place if he was not willing to try your CM9.

And, since you know English and he doesn't, try to tell him things in a simpler language (well, simpler English)

Please be nicer? I wasn't aware I was being mean in the first place. I don't see how I can be nicer about "I don't understand what you're saying." I had my best guess at what he was saying, I am sorry if I let people down.

Guest HaoRui

:D Thank you for your help,and now I have installed CM9 successfully! :huh: But I find that the HOME key and SEARCH key can't be used,only the vibration if I touch them....I wonder that the CM9 can work only for SF2 perfectly,instead of Vivacity? by the way,I never use the Google translation to translate Chinese into English,because you will understand what I'm talking more difficult if I use it :P

Guest fr0do

CM9 works perfectly on vivacity HaoRul.

1. Wipe

2. vivacity kernel (01052012-cm9-blade2-p736e-patch.zip)

= HOME key and SEARCH key can be used

Edited by fr0do

Guest techsolo

@HaoRui

If you want to install CM9, follow these steps :

Have you copied the CM9 ROM, gapps and vivacity kernel to SD Card ?

First, copy

CM9 ROM (01052012-cm9-blade2.zip)

gapps (gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip)

vivacity kernel (01052012-cm9-blade2-p736e-patch.zip)

to the SD Card

Boot to ClockworkMod Recovery

Wipe dalvik cache/ factory reset

goto mounts and storage

format /system

come back to ClockworkMod Recovery main menu

install zip from sdcard :

install 01052012-cm9-blade2.zip

install gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

install 01052012-cm9-blade2-p736e-patch.zip

reboot.

wait for bootloader to finish

check if your buttons work.

Post the result in this forum.

Thanks for the step-by-step manual, I think it will be very handy to a lot of people.

Please be nicer? I wasn't aware I was being mean in the first place. I don't see how I can be nicer about "I don't understand what you're saying." I had my best guess at what he was saying, I am sorry if I let people down.

" Do what you want to your phone."

Is a bit edgy. But I wouldn't be offended by it. I understand you are doing a hard job trying to make all these roms and hacks (for free) and I can imagine you get annoyed if people ask questions like 'how do I install CM9' while you wrote a manual in the OP :)

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks for the step-by-step manual, I think it will be very handy to a lot of people.

" Do what you want to your phone."

Is a bit edgy. But I wouldn't be offended by it. I understand you are doing a hard job trying to make all these roms and hacks (for free) and I can imagine you get annoyed if people ask questions like 'how do I install CM9' while you wrote a manual in the OP :)

It's not really edgy. He was asking me whether or not he should flash his phone again, and it's totally up to him. Literally, do what you want with the £100's worth of consumer electronics in your hand. :P

Guest techsolo

It's not really edgy. He was asking me whether or not he should flash his phone again, and it's totally up to him. Literally, do what you want with the £100's worth of consumer electronics in your hand. :P

True + I have to wait 2 weeks to get one :) But don't mind, bought it to mess with it. Bought the openmoko phone back then very nice couldn't do s*** with it and ran out of battery after 8hours (max 2 hours play).

hmmm whats this all about then? new lock screen???

No can't you see?! it's the aurora borealis, only this night on his phone :)

Guest fr0do

Thanks again for your relentless efforts with this Dazzo. Seems like that camera is close to submission. Major kudos :)

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Woah that came out of nowhere!! You coulda told me! :P Downloading...Keep up the great work guys.

Also let us know if it comes to petitions and harassing Qcom :)

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

By the looks of it the CM9 port is pretty close to being stable for every day use, this makes me extremely happy, I can't wait to have it on my Crescent. The only thing putting me off flashing is the errors with camera/camcorder! Good luck with fixing the remaining issues!

Guest Dazzozo

Woah that came out of nowhere!! You coulda told me! :P Downloading...Keep up the great work guys.

Also let us know if it comes to petitions and harassing Qcom :)

You've been offline on Steam for the past hour - I would've told you. :(

If I get word of anything going on I'll keep you posted.

Guest robt77

Rom is excellent even managed to take a picture with the Camera. One question though (probably stupid), I didn't install

Google apps because it came up with an error when installing the zip. However when I rebooted the phone into the new Rom google play was there and downloade and installed my previous apps. So is there a reason to install it or am I missing something. Thanks

Guest Dazzozo

Rom is excellent even managed to take a picture with the Camera. One question though (probably stupid), I didn't install

Google apps because it came up with an error when installing the zip. However when I rebooted the phone into the new Rom google play was there and downloade and installed my previous apps. So is there a reason to install it or am I missing something. Thanks

I'd try installing the Google apps again as it sounds like something could be incomplete because of this, if you get the same error then post back with specifics.

Guest robt77

Is anyone having issues with their sd card? Since the new Rom the sd card keeps being unmounted. I re mount it, but when I attach phone to computer via usb, I receive a notification advising that it is safe to remove the sd card and proceeds to unmount it.

Guest Dazzozo

Is anyone having issues with their sd card? Since the new Rom the sd card keeps being unmounted. I re mount it, but when I attach phone to computer via usb, I receive a notification advising that it is safe to remove the sd card and proceeds to unmount it.

Going to check if this is true, I've got an idea as to what caused it.

Edit: Yep, nice catch! I should probably start testing these things before I release them...

Got a fix ready, building it now.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest robt77

i have re booted into clockword mod and it won't let me mount usb storage it says unable to open ums lun file (no such file or directory) don't know if that helps

Guest Dazzozo

Right, yes, it is getting late, I'll leave this to build overnight and I'll start the upload in the morning. A few hours in to college I should be able to grab the Google Drive link and post it in a reply here, and at around half 2 tomorrow I should be able to post it properly in the OP. (I wouldn't dare touch the OP on Tapatalk, it would probably break everything.)