[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest fr0do

I did report that the camera flash isn't working (and the camera preview is shokking)

Which phone?

Yes the camera preview glitch has been mentioned by Daz a few times.

Guest misodoctakleidist

I'm currently running R5a and I've had a few issues with overheating - especially while charging.

Is anyone else getting this, and is R5b likely to make any difference?

Guest Dazzozo

I'm currently running R5a and I've had a few issues with overheating - especially while charging.

Is anyone else getting this, and is R5b likely to make any difference?

You shouldn't really be using it while charging. I noticed this on Gingerbread. The thing just burns up.

R5b probably won't make a difference in this regard but who knows what kind of oddities switching from eng to userdebug could produce.

Guest misodoctakleidist

Yeah. I've stopped using it while charging now so I'll see if I have any more problems.

I'll probably switch to R5b at some point later in the week as well and see what difference that makes.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

How is the battery life for you guys?

When I used FNC7 my battery wouldn't drop under 60% from 7am-4pm , that includes a lot of texting and browsing Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr. With WIFI turned off and 3G turned on only when I'm actually using it. But on CM9 my battery drains an awful lot quicker even though I'm using the same applications as before, any idea why?

Thanks

Guest fr0do

@ Curtis

Battery use in CM9 is very good in my experience. Not much difference with GB, and there are lots of improvements yet to come. It takes a while/ a few reboots for the levels to reset.

Guest welshrage

took a few days for my batt to level out, now i get amazing battery life (only using around 12% over 12hrs with wifi off, but mobile data and auto sync on),am very very impressed with this rom fair play

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

How is the battery life for you guys?

When I used FNC7 my battery wouldn't drop under 60% from 7am-4pm , that includes a lot of texting and browsing Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr. With WIFI turned off and 3G turned on only when I'm actually using it. But on CM9 my battery drains an awful lot quicker even though I'm using the same applications as before, any idea why?

Thanks

I was getting bad battery usage when I used a couple of widgets, they were stopping the phone from going into deep sleep, try disabling any widgets you are using one at a time and see which one might be causing it.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

The only widgets I use are the ATK one and Fancy Widgets but I've just removed Fancy Widgets as I don't really need it. Any way I can check if my phone is going into deep sleep? Also any E.T.A on the new update?

Thanks

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Thanks a bunch. My device seems to be going into deep sleep. One last question; What overclock+governer would you recommend? I normally use 122-902 on SmartassV2 but my device is constantly freezing so any idea?

Thanks

Guest djole94hns

People say that T-Mobile Vivacity and ZTE Crescent are the same phone, but I see a little problem here:

T-Mobile-Vivacity.jpgsanfranciscoII.jpg

Is a custom ROM for one same as the other? I mean, can I use custom ROM from ZTE Crescent for Vivacity?

Guest BLu3HaZe

People say that T-Mobile Vivacity and ZTE Crescent are the same phone, but I see a little problem here:

Is a custom ROM for one same as the other? I mean, can I use custom ROM from ZTE Crescent for Vivacity?

With the difference of touch buttons on the TMV and physical buttons on the OSFII, the hardware is the same in both. Shells are different, as you yourself showed.

Oh and ROMs are usually the same, but with a different kernel for the TMV

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest Dazzozo

T-Mobile-Vivacity.jpgsanfranciscoII.jpg

ZTE Crescent is a blanket term for the SF2 and Blade S type, and the TMV and Telenor Touch Plus variant. "Crescent" does not just refer to the SF2.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Time to report a few more issues; probably both known but hey;

I keep getting a 'Cannot connect to camera' issue, it fixes itself when I 'Force stop' the camera or reboot but it's still a tad annoying.

When an app closes it stretches into a rectangle shape then disappears- it doesn't look like it should happen, I've tried to screenshot it but It happens too fast; doesn't affect anything, just looks ugly!

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Also;

I use SyncMyPix to get my icons for my contacts, but they're low quality when I get a phone call and it's annoying (I like things to be nice and high quality) any idea how I can get higher quality pictures synced from Facebook to my contacts?

Guest fr0do
Also;

I use SyncMyPix to get my icons for my contacts, but they're low quality when I get a phone call and it's annoying (I like things to be nice and high quality) any idea how I can get higher quality pictures synced from Facebook to my contacts?

There's a fix for this on XDA, Quite near the top on the apps page.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Is it safe for me to use Titanium to remove DSP Manager and Google Talk? Last time I removed Google Talk my phone wouldn't reboot!

Also could anyone provide a list of what applications can be safely removed from this app via Titanium?

Thanks

Guest misodoctakleidist

I wouldn't remove Google Talk. I think it is needed for Gmail and other things to work.

There is a list of apps that are safe to remove on the CyanogenMod wiki.