[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest BLu3HaZe

Could someone please be kind enough to upload the new gapps to another mirror? Goo.im doesn't seem to work from here recently, but all other sites are ok :(

Thanks in advance!

Guest Sonuxis

First of all thank you for a really, really good job on this rom that I flashed yesterday evening. It is amazing and really smooth so thank you.

Here are a few bugs I've seen so far that are not in the OP:

- The light sensor behaves in a very strange way sometimes: increases the light too much or decreases it too much, it seems quite temperamental.

- Using the phone as a modem doesn't work through USB on my computer. Can someone else check? It disengages after a couple seconds I find it quite strange. Ironically, sharing internet through Bluetooth works ! :-)

On a side note, concerning the camera: like gemuuu I had problems at first but nothing that wasn't explained before. After a few reboots and some time, it now works just fine except for some tearing.

But overall it is a very usable rom :)

Guest gemuuu

On a side note, concerning the camera: like gemuuu I had problems at first but nothing that wasn't explained before. After a few reboots and some time, it now works just fine except for some tearing.

Oh cool, I'll give it a few days see what happens. Hardly use the camera anyway

Guest MadEye Moody

Oh cool, I'll give it a few days see what happens. Hardly use the camera anyway

Try clearing the app data of camera app

Guest fr0do

- The light sensor behaves in a very strange way sometimes: increases the light too much or decreases it too much, it seems quite temperamental.

There are settings to set your own light levels, and levels at which they change in cm. I find the default 35 way too low.

Guest AmbushReality

Good work!!!

I have only a problem! The flash of the camera doesn't work! I can do somethings?

woooooooowww not this again

Guest shockdj

Someone donated and didn't say who they were so I can't add them to the OP. :(

Come forth, whoever you are!

Hi it was me, Jay. Thanks mate.

Guest Dazzozo

If I flash from R5 to R6 will I need to re-move the dalvik cache?

-Ninjeh.

You'll keep the partition but you'll have to do "a2sd cachesdreset" or use A2SDGUI again, yeah.

Hi it was me, Jay. Thanks mate.

Added you to the first post! ;)

Guest Sonuxis

There are settings to set your own light levels, and levels at which they change in cm. I find the default 35 way too low.

Yeah I saw that, but what I'm saying is that sometimes the screen sets itself at really low brightness and in the same situation and same setting 5 mins later it just sets it to max... So that is what I find strange ;)

Guest BLu3HaZe

The light sensor is indeed sluggish in response whatever the ROM maybe for me. Even though the levels seem to detected correctly in lux, the waiting time to alter the brightness seems long. No setting has worked so far for me, so I manually change brightness with the widget usually.

Anyone has had better experience?

Guest Wullie C

hey guys, recently ive been trying to download some apps from the "play store"

and i keeping getting this error.. " error processing purchase. [DF-BPA-09]

its not a pay for it app, its on free apps.

Guest Dazzozo

hey guys, recently ive been trying to download some apps from the "play store"

and i keeping getting this error.. " error processing purchase. [DF-BPA-09]

its not a pay for it app, its on free apps.

Settings -> Apps -> All -> Google Services Framework -> Clear data

See if that fixes it.

Guest fr0do
The light sensor is indeed sluggish in response whatever the ROM maybe for me. Even though the levels seem to detected correctly in lux, the waiting time to alter the brightness seems long. No setting has worked so far for me, so I manually change brightness with the widget usually.

Anyone has had better experience?

When I set levels and apply, the change is instant. It pretty much reacts with the sensor level. Outside of settings I haven't noticed.. will have to monitor it.

Guest RedZombie

Even though the levels seem to detected correctly in lux, the waiting time to alter the brightness seems long.

Have you tried changing the settings for the light sensor filter? If you have a long moving average time then you won't get an instant change in brightness.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Have you tried changing the settings for the light sensor filter? If you have a long moving average time then you won't get an instant change in brightness.

After a lot of tweaking and playing around with light settings yesterday, I finally got what I needed from the light sensor :)

Yup, set the interval to 0.5s and 10 levels and many other things I didn't even get, finally there's quick transition to be useable anywhere. Thanks everyone! Love that CM is so flexible.

Very quick changes in light still gets the level stuck though, as sunlight is very bright here, for example suddenly moving to a dark building, keeps it blazing bright which is hard to look at, but fixes itself after about a minute or so.

There seems to be two levels, raw and filtered. Raw is instantaneous but filtered is slow, what do I change to keep them almost same?

Guest RedZombie

After a lot of tweaking and playing around with light settings yesterday, I finally got what I needed from the light sensor :)

Yup, set the interval to 0.5s and 10 levels and many other things I didn't even get, finally there's quick transition to be useable anywhere. Thanks everyone! Love that CM is so flexible.

Very quick changes in light still gets the level stuck though, as sunlight is very bright here, for example suddenly moving to a dark building, keeps it blazing bright which is hard to look at, but fixes itself after about a minute or so.

There seems to be two levels, raw and filtered. Raw is instantaneous but filtered is slow, what do I change to keep them almost same?

Raw is real time, filtered uses the settings you provide to stop flicker. You can change the window length, or just turn off the filter all together then changes should be real time. Personally I have a 20s window length with a 600lux reset threshold, so there's no flicker but if I suddenly go into a very differently lit area it ignores the filter and resets to the new light levels. Hope that helps, not sure I've explained very well!

Guest BLu3HaZe

Raw is real time, filtered uses the settings you provide to stop flicker. You can change the window length, or just turn off the filter all together then changes should be real time. Personally I have a 20s window length with a 600lux reset threshold, so there's no flicker but if I suddenly go into a very differently lit area it ignores the filter and resets to the new light levels. Hope that helps, not sure I've explained very well!

Edited a few more settings and tested with a flasher on, works perfectly and exactly in the way I expect :)

My window length is 2s, reset threshold 400 lux and sample interval is 0.5s

What does decrease hysteresis do? Can't get a difference in testing, so I'm unsure

Guest dmcluckie

Tethering or Hot Spot. I am once again enjoying my phone with this excellent ROM.

Was the option for turning the phone into a wireless hotspot to share it's internet ever available on the SF2? I see the option for sharing via bluetooth but I know the bluetooth has issues.

Guest MadEye Moody

Tethering or Hot Spot. I am once again enjoying my phone with this excellent ROM.

Was the option for turning the phone into a wireless hotspot to share it's internet ever available on the SF2? I see the option for sharing via bluetooth but I know the bluetooth has issues.

Wifi tethering is possible with SF2, but I don't think Daz has yet worked on it, so it isn't yet available. I think he is working on the Wifi-bluetooth dependency issue now.

Guest Dazzozo

Taking a few days break due to exams, but does anyone use the Orange Signal Boost app? Does it work on CM9? I think I need to implement kineto_gan.