[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Looks like you only have a few more thing to fix until this ROM is fully finished! Hopefully you'll gain Official status soon, you deserve it.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Looks like you only have a few more thing to fix until this ROM is fully finished! Hopefully you'll gain Official status soon, you deserve it.

Not without OpenMax codecs and sadly they will probably never materialise. :( Hopefully the many Blade users will help us fight the good fight :P

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

So they'll be chance of the front camera or panorama working unless the codes are released? Also is the camera preview still slightly laggy or is that been fully sorted now?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

That's all OpenMax and driver related, if you can find drivers for any of the front cameras then by all means let Daz know.

Guest Dazzozo

So they'll be chance of the front camera or panorama working unless the codes are released? Also is the camera preview still slightly laggy or is that been fully sorted now?

Front Camera and Panorama I think are problems that the Skate also suffers from. We use the same HAL and camera files as the Skate. These are all pretty much issues in those besides recording, which while works, it would work a little more cleanly with the OMX release.

YouTube is the main thing people notice that no OMX hurts. HQ is pretty much snail unless you clock it ridiculously.

Guest Mtman1

Front Camera and Panorama I think are problems that the Skate also suffers from. We use the same HAL and camera files as the Skate. These are all pretty much issues in those besides recording, which while works, it would work a little more cleanly with the OMX release.

YouTube is the main thing people notice that no OMX hurts. HQ is pretty much snail unless you clock it ridiculously.

The skate dosen't have a front camera. But I see what you are saying

Guest BLu3HaZe

Just to comment on front cam, only reason I went for Crescent over Skate and to use for video calling. But I now feel that it may never happen as in Skype, the processor usage is hovering around 50% in just an audio call, while overclocked to 902 on CM7, which sort of shows the processor never will have enough power to support a video call..?

CM9 question, is it possible to increase the tone of blue everywhere in icons in ICS to the CM7 colour? Thanks!

Guest b4da55

First of all great work daz just sent a couple of pics via bt.awesome!. One other thing, I have wiped, flashed etc 4-5 times but still skipping extra files when installing?any ideas anyone?

Guest Dazzozo

Just to comment on front cam, only reason I went for Crescent over Skate and to use for video calling. But I now feel that it may never happen as in Skype, the processor usage is hovering around 50% in just an audio call, while overclocked to 902 on CM7, which sort of shows the processor never will have enough power to support a video call..?

CM9 question, is it possible to increase the tone of blue everywhere in icons in ICS to the CM7 colour? Thanks!

Probably with a theme using the Theme Engine. I have no idea how you'd go about doing that, though. e.g: this

Guest Dazzozo

First of all great work daz just sent a couple of pics via bt.awesome!. One other thing, I have wiped, flashed etc 4-5 times but still skipping extra files when installing?any ideas anyone?

What size is your system?

Guest ramzez_uk

I find it truly amazing that front camera is a blocker for some. It's useless anyway, what do people actually use it with?

video conference calls.

Guest Mtman1

I don't know on a phone, but it can be done on a tablet

Edit: look at the Skype title

Skype-free IM and video calls. I think you can.

Edited by Mtman1

Guest AmbushReality

No. You cant :) we have some kind of limited version of skype where we cannot use video calls :D

Guest Dazzozo

No. You cant we have some kind of limited version of skype where we cannot use video calls

We don't have a limited version. We have a limited phone. I think the problem is that it's ARMv6 and Skype can't be arsed to support it.

Edit: One day Modaco will handle its own emotes correctly.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Used tpt option 4. Even re did it ,full cwm format system boot ect. Driving me mad!

I'll test this later.

Edit: But frankly all you're missing is Movie Editor and a few videos and ringtones.

Edited by Dazzozo