[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest SpLinterOgr

They used to be, but then Google put them in the Play Store and they got removed from gapps as it's pointless having them in.

Thank you! It means I'm not so dumb as I though :D

P.S. Great ROM. Great support. Cheers!

Guest Dazzozo

I imagine a Chrome ARMv6 apk will be along soon enough. I think the source got released when Chrome came out of beta yesterday.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Just installed R10 and guess 200MB system partition is not enough as the ROM seems to slightly exceeds that. I have never used any TPT so my partition layout is stock, and had no trouble installing it. The system is 220MB, data 162.5MB and cache 57.5MB giving a total of 440MB.

Screenshot attached with only Link2SD downloaded and installed.

post-960950-0-80414100-1340926661_thumb.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest Dazzozo

Just installed R10 and guess 200MB system partition is not enough as the ROM seems to slightly exceeds that. I have never used any TPT so my partition layout is stock, and had no trouble installing it. The system is 220MB, data 162.5MB and cache 57.5MB giving a total of 440MB.

Screenshot attached with only Link2SD downloaded and installed.

post-960950-0-80414100-1340926661_thumb.

I've just adjusted the OP to reflect this, and removed the TPT advice as it's too small. It was going to happen some day with the CM additions.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest BLu3HaZe

I note OP was updated @ 12.48am but to avoid confusion you may also want to remove "Stock partition layout is ideal but" ;)

Why should that be removed? :huh: The stock layout actually seems good as it doesn't give any errors.

For people who had issues in installing Google Apps, I think the "extras" that were skipped might actually be the Facelock which is in the zip as an option. Just a hunch, Daz may clarify.

Guest misodoctakleidist

It isn't compatible, you probably need an armv7 device.

You can get a Firefox armv6 apk here- http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1542153

Has anyone managed to get this working on the Crescent? I have it installed, but it always freezes up after about five minutes of use. It's a shame because I was very impressed with it when it was working.

Edited by misodoctakleidist

Guest BLu3HaZe

It was these.

Just a few sound/sample video files and the editor are what everyone is missing? Ok, thank you for explaining Daz! :) Easily replaceable IMHO.

Facelock doesn't get installed for these anyway as neither CM has a front cam right?

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Has anyone managed to get this working on the Crescent? I have it installed, but it always freezes up after about five minutes of use. It's a shame because I was very impressed with it when it was working.

I used it a while back and it worked well for me, didn't crash or anything at all.

Guest plewis1981

Hi Dazzozo,

is it possible to use a CWM recovery of a previous RLS of CM9 to restore settings and apps to the new version.

Lovin your work thanks in advance.

Guest misodoctakleidist

I used it a while back and it worked well for me, didn't crash or anything at all.

I might try some different versions of it then. At the moment I am using the linaro beta. Which one did you use?

Guest Titas

Why should that be removed? :huh: The stock layout actually seems good as it doesn't give any errors.

For people who had issues in installing Google Apps, I think the "extras" that were skipped might actually be the Facelock which is in the zip as an option. Just a hunch, Daz may clarify.

Stock System on mine is 200 Mb - maybe it varies between Vivacity &SFII

Guest misodoctakleidist

I'm honestly not too sure, I found it on the internet, It was a nightly though.

edit- this may be it;

http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=25855563

I've installed the linaro nightly now (the same one you linked to). It is much better, but still has to occasional crash. I suppose that is to be expected with nightlies though.

Edited by misodoctakleidist

Guest BLu3HaZe

Stock System on mine is 200 Mb - maybe it varies between Vivacity &SFII

Ah, that is possible as there is a fair bit of customization/bloatware on the stock OSFII compared to the Vivacity and the stock ROM is also more than 10M larger for the OSFII.

Guest battlecat

What a FANTASTIC rom! I cannot believe how snappy and awesome this is. Very impressed!

I'm a little stuck with moving my apps to ext and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers. It seems as if it can't mount the sd-ext.

I flashed the a2sd file provided and partitioned my SD in Recovery, which gave it the ext2 partition. (Also tried manually changing to ext3 & ext4 with no success)

The output of a2sd check is:

[ ] Apps2SD is launching...

__ _____

| \ |

| | |

|__/ | Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 (2010-09-30)

[ ] GetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox getprop

[ ] SetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox setprop

[ ] Mount Point = /sd-ext

[ ] Starting Apps2SD Check Program.

[ ] Checking for ext partition

[✖] Ext partition found, but not mounted.

Your rom may not be setup to run Apps2SD.

Check with your rom developer if the boot image

is programmed to run Apps2SD.

Your partition may be using an EXT4 partition,

but your rom may not support EXT4. Repartition

your SD card to use EXT2 or EXT3.

output of busybox df -h :

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs 210.8M 48.0K 210.8M 0% /dev

tmpfs 210.8M 0 210.8M 0% /mnt/asec

tmpfs 210.8M 0 210.8M 0% /mnt/obb

/dev/block/mtdblock5 220.0M 202.4M 17.6M 92% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock6 162.5M 64.5M 98.0M 40% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock4 57.5M 1.5M 56.0M 3% /cache

/dev/block/vold/179:1

6.9G 60.0K 6.9G 0% /mnt/sdcard

/dev/block/vold/179:1

6.9G 60.0K 6.9G 0% /mnt/secure/asec

Installed s2e and all options are grey and no visible ext although it is there, just not mounting.

Any ideas how to get it to auto mount sd-ext on boot or where I'm going wrong? Im a little lost! Thanks!

EDIT: Incase you searched this thread for the same problem, I've got it working. Details below:

CWM Recovery v5.0.2.7 formats as ext4 when you partition the SD Card. For some reason using Mini Tool Partition Manager in windows to reformat/change partition doesn't work. (it creates the partition but the ROM doesn't mount/recognise it)

Used Gparted in linux instead and converted the existing ext4 (partitioned in CWM Recovery to ext3 (to make it compatible with the linked a2sd script), rebooted and it works fine! Happy days! :)

[ ] Apps2SD is launching...

__ _____

| \ |

| | |

|__/ | Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 (2010-09-30)

[ ] GetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox getprop

[ ] SetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox setprop

[ ] Mount Point = /sd-ext

[ ] Creating /cache/dc

[ ] Symlinking /cache/dalvik-cache to /data/dalvik-cache

[ ] Starting Apps2SD Check Program.

[ ] Checking for ext partition

Darktremor 2.7.5.2 Apps2SD Status Report

===================================================================================

Legend: [✔]=Setting is correct

[‼]=Setting is correct, but not optimal.

[✖]=Setting is incorrect and needs to be fixed or option is not available.

===================================================================================

Block Device - [✔] Found

- [✔] /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

EXT Partition - [✔] Mounted

Mount Point - [ ] /sd-ext

Partition Type - [✔] EXT3

Support EXT2? - [✔] Yes

Support EXT3? - [✔] Yes

Support EXT4? - [✖] No

Apps - [ ] Linked to SD Card.

[ ] No Apps2SD Flag File not found.

[✔] Programs run from SD card

To run from internal storage, type a2sd remove

Private Apps - [ ] Linked to SD Card.

[ ] No Apps2SD Flag File not found.

[✔] Private Programs run from SD card

To run from internal storage, type a2sd remove

Edited by battlecat

Guest Carlover

Hey guys, I cant seem to get wifi to work, it just wont connect at all - any help please? -thanks

Fixed it... never mind

Edited by Carlover

Guest FrankyG

Love this ROM (R9) but still getting wifi sleep problems.

CANNOT get wifi to stay active when the phone sleeps. eg wifi switched on and downloading a large file, game etc. As soon as the screen switches off, the wifi disconnects and the download fails.

Doesn't seem to make any difference what the wifi sleep policy is set to. When I wake the phone up, it doesn't reconnect to the wifi point, I have to switch wifi off and then on for it to work. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks again for a really nice ROM.

FrankyG

Guest chris231

never really had an issue with wifi, accept it could be better at choosing the strong base to logon to.

Do you choose restore your settings when changing roms. This can sometimes cause issues. I always retype everything back in.

Chris

Guest Dazzozo

AOKP build coming today. It's nice, fixes the browser issue and makes my life a ton easier in building, probably fixes a load more, and is in sync with official build 40. ;)