[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest battlecat

What a FANTASTIC rom! I cannot believe how snappy and awesome this is. Very impressed!

I'm a little stuck with moving my apps to ext and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers. It seems as if it can't mount the sd-ext.

I flashed the a2sd file provided and partitioned my SD in Recovery, which gave it the ext2 partition. (Also tried manually changing to ext3 & ext4 with no success)

The output of a2sd check is:

[ ] Apps2SD is launching...

__ _____

| \ |

| | |

|__/ | Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 (2010-09-30)

[ ] GetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox getprop

[ ] SetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox setprop

[ ] Mount Point = /sd-ext

[ ] Starting Apps2SD Check Program.

[ ] Checking for ext partition

[✖] Ext partition found, but not mounted.

Your rom may not be setup to run Apps2SD.

Check with your rom developer if the boot image

is programmed to run Apps2SD.

Your partition may be using an EXT4 partition,

but your rom may not support EXT4. Repartition

your SD card to use EXT2 or EXT3.

output of busybox df -h :

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs 210.8M 48.0K 210.8M 0% /dev

tmpfs 210.8M 0 210.8M 0% /mnt/asec

tmpfs 210.8M 0 210.8M 0% /mnt/obb

/dev/block/mtdblock5 220.0M 202.4M 17.6M 92% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock6 162.5M 64.5M 98.0M 40% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock4 57.5M 1.5M 56.0M 3% /cache

/dev/block/vold/179:1

6.9G 60.0K 6.9G 0% /mnt/sdcard

/dev/block/vold/179:1

6.9G 60.0K 6.9G 0% /mnt/secure/asec

Installed s2e and all options are grey and no visible ext although it is there, just not mounting.

Any ideas how to get it to auto mount sd-ext on boot or where I'm going wrong? Im a little lost! Thanks!

SOLUTION:

Incase you searched this thread for the same problem, I've got it working. Details below:

CWM Recovery v5.0.2.7 formats as ext4 when you partition the SD Card. For some reason using Mini Tool Partition Manager in windows to reformat/change partition doesn't work. (it creates the partition but the ROM doesn't mount/recognise it)

Used Gparted in linux instead and converted the existing ext4 (initially partitioned in CWM Recovery) to ext3 (to make it compatible with the linked a2sd script), rebooted and it works fine! Probably me being a dick somewhere along the line, but happy days! :)

[ ] Apps2SD is launching...

__ _____

| \ |

| | |

|__/ | Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 (2010-09-30)

[ ] GetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox getprop

[ ] SetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox setprop

[ ] Mount Point = /sd-ext

[ ] Creating /cache/dc

[ ] Symlinking /cache/dalvik-cache to /data/dalvik-cache

[ ] Starting Apps2SD Check Program.

[ ] Checking for ext partition

Darktremor 2.7.5.2 Apps2SD Status Report

===================================================================================

Legend: [✔]=Setting is correct

[‼]=Setting is correct, but not optimal.

[✖]=Setting is incorrect and needs to be fixed or option is not available.

===================================================================================

Block Device - [✔] Found

- [✔] /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

EXT Partition - [✔] Mounted

Mount Point - [ ] /sd-ext

Partition Type - [✔] EXT3

Support EXT2? - [✔] Yes

Support EXT3? - [✔] Yes

Support EXT4? - [✖] No

Apps - [ ] Linked to SD Card.

[ ] No Apps2SD Flag File not found.

[✔] Programs run from SD card

To run from internal storage, type a2sd remove

Private Apps - [ ] Linked to SD Card.

[ ] No Apps2SD Flag File not found.

[✔] Private Programs run from SD card

To run from internal storage, type a2sd remove

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah, this is the very outdated version of A2SD that is in the Gingerbread ROMs. I'll try to get the updated version working at some point.

Guest MadEye Moody

Synced and built yesterday, but the wifi won't turn on at phone wake, and also trying to switch wifi off doesn't stop. It says "Turning off Wi-Fi..."

I have set the wifi to be turned off during sleep...

Guest glassblower

A really big thank you to the people responsible for this ROM. It has transformed my TMV. No big issues other than...

1. After installation my WiFi wasn't working. It was down to the MAC address being set wrongly to 11:22:33:44:55:66 Fixed by editing the incorrect MAC address above to the correct one for my phone using a HEX editor. Simple once I knew what the problem was.

2. The battery doesn't seem to last quite as long when running WiFi & GPS as it did when running GBread on the Sebastian ROM and overclock kernel. I can put up with that though for such an improvement!

Just one question.... When a newer CYAN ROM becomes avaiable, will I be able to flash it over the old one without having to go through the rigmarole of starting from scratch again?

Thanks

Neil

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

A really big thank you to the people responsible for this ROM. It has transformed my TMV. No big issues other than...

1. After installation my WiFi wasn't working. It was down to the MAC address being set wrongly to 11:22:33:44:55:66 Fixed by editing the incorrect MAC address above to the correct one for my phone using a HEX editor. Simple once I knew what the problem was.

2. The battery doesn't seem to last quite as long when running WiFi & GPS as it did when running GBread on the Sebastian ROM and overclock kernel. I can put up with that though for such an improvement!

Just one question.... When a newer CYAN ROM becomes avaiable, will I be able to flash it over the old one without having to go through the rigmarole of starting from scratch again?

Thanks

Neil

When a new update is released it is recommended to do a full wipe (data,cache and dalvik) this obviously resets your settings etc but if you use an app named Titanium Backup you can backup ALL your applications, application data and settings then you can restore them and get your phone back up and running within an hour of updating. Just remember to have a backup of your contacts on your SD card to restore your contacts.

Guest techsolo

Any solution for making a shadow copy / image of the whole phone (like DD)? I'm not looking to restore all my settings again and want to do an upgrade. Made a backup using titaniumbackup pro ( backup all user apps + system data) but aren't shore enough to test it :)

Guest surfungus

Hey tech, if you boot into clockwork and go to Backup, that will make a copy of everything. Then if anything does go wrong you can just go back to clockwork and do a restore. Very handy, I always make a backup when I've got all my basic apps installed. It also means you can switch roms in minutes.

Guest SpLinterOgr

Does only I have problems with flashlight?

It's doesn't work :(

And does any one use Swype and have problem and lags with typing word letter by letter?

Guest rymate1234

Is it just me, or do apps requiring voice input don't work?

I've tried iris and the Google voice search built in, and neither get to the stage where I can input anything.

Guest AmbushReality

And does any one use Swype and have problem and lags with typing word letter by letter?

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Guest FrankyG

I've tried iris and the Google voice search built in, and neither get to the stage where I can input anything.

Yeah same problem for me - not able to use the voice input at all.

Guest Dazzozo

Is this topic seriously not dead yet? Flashlight will never work on these ZTE devices.

I can't diagnose lag using a specific keyboard - that's not an issue for me to really fix.

Edit: We need to get a FAQ up ASAP and while we're at it we need to rename the Blade 2 threads.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest dodgetimmy

The recent version of swype lags for me too. Also using fish n chips. seems to be a swype problem. you could go in to swypes preferences and switch from being precise to fast.that may help.

Guest Liamness

I know that the more recent Nexus devices, such as the Galaxy and the new 7 tablet, use a unified partition for the system and what would otherwise be the 'SD card'. The downside being that it can't be unmounted by Android and accessed by an external device, unless that device supports the MTP protocol. I think it's a decent tradeoff though, you don't end up with any space wasted. TBH when I first flashed this ROM, that's how I thought it would be, given that it's the standard way of doing things in ICS. I guess the cyanogenmod guys prefer MSC, but would it be at all possible to implement this in future versions of the ROM? Would presumably require flashing a new TPT along with switching to the MTP drivers.

Guest Dazzozo

I imagine the Blade would see it before we do, I think it would involve kernel work and the kernel that the Crescent is built off is just the Blade's with a few extra files. God knows what it would do to compatibility, though.

Guest TingTang

Yeah same problem for me - not able to use the voice input at all.

Same for me too. Bit of a bummer really as I wanted to try Google Now using my voice, I had to try it just typing the searches in.

Guest SpLinterOgr

Is this topic seriously not dead yet? Flashlight will never work on these ZTE devices.

Sorry for that question. I posted from phone, and forget to search topic. I'm ashamed

The recent version of swype lags for me too. Also using fish n chips. seems to be a swype problem. you could go in to swypes preferences and switch from being precise to fast.that may help.

I turn off Next word predictions. Seems like this helps. Thank you.

Guest rob.hill

Hi, Im new to this...

Can I run the installer package while my phone is still branded and un-rooted.

Orange SF2

Cheers

Rob

Guest Dazzozo

You need to install ClockworkMod in order to install this. It, and instructions are available in the forum and most ClockworkMod builds are stickied.