[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

updating from 15/06 to 28/06 release fixed GPS positioning and sms looping notification (would not stop until you read it) on my phone. not seen any crashes yet when plugging/unplugging the usb cable.

anybody got youtube/bbciplayer working on the tmv ? is a new flashplayer version needed ?

humm...shame. it works well with FnC... i'm not too fussed with iplayer but youtube has turned out fab for my 3y old. something to consider then :)

Guest Dazzozo

I meant "it shouldn't have" in a "it was an accident" sense. It was never officially supported and it was the fault of a Chinese tablet manufacturer.

understood :). flash and android support seems more problematic than i thought. i've really got used to cm9 but this may push me back to gingerbread. big dilenma. let's see if my son forgets about my phone for a while first :)

Guest Dazzozo

Well, if said Chinese manufacturer screws up again then let me know. :P

In other news: might be able to get a super-alpha POC Jelly Bean out later.

Guest MadEye Moody

Progress update: tilal has it up and running on the Skate and my build machine isn't far behind.

Does this mean you are able to compile it?

Guest Dazzozo

Kind of. Weird things are happening but the problems have already been fixed because of how fast things move.

Minutes in to your compile the stuff you have on your local machine is already stale. I'll give it another go later.

Guest Dazzozo

Meanwhile I just realised I'm on a kernel that is a few months old. I just got us switched over to the official CyanogenMod ZTE MSM7x27 kernel which has apparently noticeably improved since my fork a few months ago.

Running a build of CM9!

Edit: to clarify, we needed additional files that weren't in the CM repo at the time, but now are.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

The new build is live! Additionally, there is a new P736E kernel for the T-Mobile Vivacity and Telenor Touch Plus family of devices. This also is built on the official CyanogenMod kernel.

Edit: just updated the donators in all of the ROM OPs.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Crap, hang on, I just noticed another reason we don't use the CM kernel - our config there tries to build the DHD module which kills our Wi-Fi.

Easy fix, I'll upload the zip again with the correct module. Don't download yet. :P

Edit: Fixed, sssh, no one saw anything. :)

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest dodgetimmy

Any info on why the front camera can't be fixed? Don't remember the reason being mentioned before and it's pretty much the only thing preventing me from considering this ROM nonetheless thanks for the brilliant work Daz.

Guest MadEye Moody

Any info on why the front camera can't be fixed? Don't remember the reason being mentioned before and it's pretty much the only thing preventing me from considering this ROM nonetheless thanks for the brilliant work Daz.

Is there a way of using it (other than as a mirror)even if its fixed?

Guest Dazzozo

syncing repos

* [new branch] jellybean -> github/jellybean

:)

At the moment it consists of hacked and messy AOSP source. Things change by the second.

Don't know about anyone else but new kernel wouldn't boot on tmv had to use previous one

The difference between the two kernel defconfigs is whether CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MXT224_P736V=y is set.

It's booting for me, is it not booting after you flash the P736E kernel? Try without the kernel flash -- if that works I could've buggered up the kernel zip somehow.

Guest IronFarm

Hey,

has the install process changed at all since R8? I've been following the same instructions as always (full wipe including caches then flashing rom -> gapps -> a2sd scripts) but the A2SD GUI doesn't detect the scripts.

There were no error messages while installing the zips. Are md5 sums available anywhere?

Anybody else experiencing this problem? The phone is impractical without A2SD so I'm reverting to an older release for now.

Thanks a lot

Edited by IronFarm