[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

It will do eventually. I don't want to create a huge fuss about it when it's so young and have people expect everything to match CM9.

gapps are out of my control - I guess they'll go on goo.im when they've been collected, but there's nothing yet.

At the moment on top of the CM9 broken list: mobile network and OpenGL + EGL (huge UI lag and a vertical split down the middle) come to mind.

Mobile network shouldn't be too hard to fix. I actually think Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are working which is pretty funny.

Edit: we beat the Blade...

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest b4da55

Back on topic to cm9 what advantages if any would there be flashing the new kernel over the old one and could I extract it from the zip and flash via terminal emulator or is it not booting because of something else and will meed you to look at it again.

P.s amazing work on jb.

Guest Russ_uk

I've been trying to install this ROM for a while but just can't get it to work - It just hangs for a while then reboots into CWM ??

I've got a TMV with stock sized TPT and I have successfully installed various other ROMs without any issues (currently using F'n'Cs)

I've tried with and without google apps, different Kernels etc etc but nothing seams to work

Anyone got any ideas what the issue might be??

Thanks in advance.

Guest Titas

New kernel not working on Vivacity (ROM boots ok without it). Don't have the 19/05 zip so need the download link re-enstated or a fix for the new kernel

Guest Dazzozo

It sounds as if the kernel is a dud, frankly, which makes no sense considering I built a working one for the Jelly Bean build above with no changes (besides toggling the touchscreen var).

I'll do another in a bit. The build machine is occupied with, well, a build at the moment.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest AmbushReality
It sounds as if the kernel is a dud, frankly, which makes no sense considering I built a working one for the Jelly Bean build above with no changes (besides toggling the touchscreen var).

I'll do another in a bit. The build machine is occupied with, well, a build at the moment.

Kernel worked perfectly for me. Runs very nicely

Guest chris231

Installed your latest cm9 (R11) on my SF2 and no problems at all here (so far), actually think it might be running better than the R10.

I have upgraded to cwm 5.5.0.4, but I shouldn't think that'll make any odds.

So for me anyway, don't change anything.....

I did do my usual trimming to get the installed image down to 182mb though

Chris

Edited by chris231

Guest jasonleeds

woop woop

amazing work dazzozo, cant thank you enough for your work.

I love showing off ICS on a cheep phone especially as it runs soo well.

looking forward to CM10

Keep it up pal

Guest Dazzozo

Give me a sec, I'll build one alongside CM and extract the kernel from it. That should DEFINITELY work, but I have no idea why it isn't already if I'm booting one with the P736V screen calibration.

This will all be redundant soon enough as I have the capacity to start doing separate builds for the P736V and P736E, starting with CM10.

Guest Dazzozo

Right... apparently the kernel alone doesn't boot, but if I use the whole boot.img, it does...

Going to diff the ramdisk, hang on.

Edit: no difference, what the hell? Something's going on here..

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest reedo_17

latest kernel on vivacity no boot with vivacity patch but works without patch but no buttons, hope for the fix soon, thanks for all your hard work on CM9 good look for CM10. Sorry if this is a bit late.

Edited by reedo_17

Guest Dazzozo

Right, sod this, the kernel patching thing we had seems to be generating bad boot images.

Looks like you P736Eers are about to get your own build, separated from the P736V devices. :)

Guest Russ_uk

I've been trying to install this ROM for a while but just can't get it to work - It just hangs for a while then reboots into CWM ??

I've got a TMV with stock sized TPT and I have successfully installed various other ROMs without any issues (currently using F'n'Cs)

I've tried with and without google apps, different Kernels etc etc but nothing seams to work

Anyone got any ideas what the issue might be??

Thanks in advance.

Anyone help me with the above problem ?? ^^

Guest Dazzozo

New build up!

Nice job, anyway of getting deep sleep to work?

It really depends what you're doing, get some kind of advanced battery logging app and see if you can make any discoveries.

A lot of stuff comes down to our pretty poor kernel, but that's improving (and a lot more now we're on the live one!)

guys, can someone please give us some kind of clarification on this kernel issue.

I downloaded the R11 and the The TouchPlus P736E kernel that was posted (this was on the 12-07).

Then the thread started talking about boot loops on the TMV kernel.

Then we had reedo_17 announce issues with the kernel build.

Then we had Dazzozo ask for the original kernel.

Then we had an announcement the P736Eers will get separate builds from te P736Vers.

Then we had R11a.

Ok, I admit it I am as confused as hell.

Where are we now ?

1. Do the new separate builds still allow kernel over/under clocking ?

2. Presumeably these are complete builds, in that no separate kernels are also needed, like pre-R11a, right ?

3. Are these new separate builds radically different, in that a full wipe is essential (not just desirable) ? Most of the previous ROM updates I have been able to load with just wiping the caches.

Thanks for this CM9 ICS ROM.

Edited by xzyk