[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Commented lines in

cyanogen_blade2_p736v_defconfig

and

cyanogen_blade2_defconfig

That should do it.

By the way guys, per tilal's suggestion over GTalk, I'm probably going to handle the P736E and P736V how Google handles the various types of Nexus. It won't really be a noticeable change for users but it will allow me to really cater the builds to what phone type it's running on.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest MadEye Moody

cd kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27

git fetch http://review.cyanog...-kernel-msm7x27 refs/changes/42/19042/1 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD

Edit: ugh...

cd kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27

git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/CyanogenMod/zte-kernel-msm7x27 refs/changes/42/19042/1 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD

wow... that was a quick response... cherry-pick is something i haven't seen yet.... :)

changed files manually though

compiling now...

Presently, wifi works... but once i got a problem when wifi won't turn off, not able to reproduce that again....

Guest DumonKri

I'm having A2SD issues that i never previously encountered with your ROM. Tried multiple re-installs. Seems my partition is still there it just won't mount it. That's through using Links2SD. Using TMV.

Edited by DumonKri

Guest Liamness

No but it is behaving a little oddly. I reinstalled a load of apps using titanium backup, as I always do with a new rom. I noticed it installed most of the apps on sd-ext, but some apps it has decided to install onto the sd card in the normal way, and when I try to move them back onto the 'phone' it says there isn't enough space. This is the first time I've ever tried using a2sd so I could just be doing something stupid.

I would like to mess around with the gps config, as I mentioned above. Does no-one have any info regarding this? Seems very odd, google suggests that most ICS roms still have the gps.conf file, and yet I can't find it on Daz's version of CM9. Hence I have no idea where to start really.

Guest Liamness

I have replaced the gps.conf in CM7, When I tried to do that with this build, the file wasn't there (I think it was there in the initial releases)....

Is this the file you are referring?

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1442032

I suspect it is. I know there was some tweak done to raverr's FnC, which resulted in excellent GPS performance.

So... can I just put a new gps config file on my phone, even though it's essentially replacing nothing? Would it even do anything?

Guest MadEye Moody

Compiled and installed the build (from source), now Titanium backup says that

WARNING: This device's Android ID has changed

etc

Guest Dazzozo

Compiled and installed the build (from source), now Titanium backup says that

WARNING: This device's Android ID has changed

etc

It will say that all the time from now on every time you set up your device. It's a Titanium addition.

Restoring the old ID is generally best.

Guest Dazzozo

On a side note, do you have any plans on fixing the FM Radio and Wifi Tethering?

There is nothing to fix. FM Radio doesn't exist in CM9.

Wi-Fi Tethering - it will probably happen on CM10. There is little reason to be using CM9 when we have CM10 at this state.

Guest MadEye Moody

A2SD working properly.... just restored 49 apps and have 82mb left on internal storage....

A2SDGUI reports about 450mb used in sd-ext

This is with # a2sd cachesdreset

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest MadEye Moody

There is nothing to fix. FM Radio doesn't exist in CM9.

Wi-Fi Tethering - it will probably happen on CM10. There is little reason to be using CM9 when we have CM10 at this state.

Installing Spirit free.... will test and see.... will installing the cm7/stock fmradio help

Edit :

stock fmradio can't be installed

Spirit free doesn't seem to work

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest Dovahpig

hI :) i want to install cm9. fish n chips was really easy, but im not sure about cm9... my stock partition is 160mb, and manual says i need 220.. whats the correct procedure with lack of space and installing cm9? i have 8gb sd card (class 4).

Guest Dazzozo

Installing Spirit free.... will test and see.... will installing the cm7/stock fmradio help

Edit :

stock fmradio can't be installed

Spirit free doesn't seem to work

This is what I mean. FM Radio doesn't exist. You can throw any app in there but a pretty big hole is missing.

Guest MadEye Moody

This is what I mean. FM Radio doesn't exist. You can throw any app in there but a pretty big hole is missing.

you mean, the APIs doesn't exist.... why would google do that?? :blink:

Guest Dazzozo

you mean, the APIs doesn't exist.... why would google do that?? :blink:

It's not a Google thing. It's a CM thing. It was never properly merged.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Hey guys,

I've been busy for a while, and plus I'm in Turkey for 10 days on holiday :D

I'm only on R9 but when I get home on Wednesday, the first thing I plan to do is update to R11a but I'm confused about the 220mb system partition, because mine is only 200, because it's the TPT that was in the OP a while back

Someone help, please? :s

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Right. I think I'm going to ready a new TPT for ICS.

My system is as follows and everything is fine:

Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize

/system 220M 195M 24M 4096

On R11a and gapps.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Liamness

I have managed to fit the rom + gapps into a 200mb partition, basically having deleted the latinIME.apk (I use swype) and the majority of the wallpapers. Only problem is I had to do this manually via titanium backup, then install gapps, because deleting them from the zip just wouldn't work for some reason. CWM refused to install it.

Ah, chris has posted just as I was typing that. Is there a step I'm missing chris?

Guest NinjehKitteh

Right. I think I'm going to ready a new TPT for ICS.

Please :)

And thanks for the help guys, might have to give it a try :)

Is there any way to manually change the partition sizes?

-Ninjeh.

Edited by NinjehKitteh