[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest IronFarm

no shouldn't have to repartition sd.

but not sure why the a2sd script is not working in cm9, work well for me.

did you create the sd partition using CWM recovery?

did you flash rom then gapps then a2sd script all in CWM?

will try and sort you out a trimmed version tomorrow evening after work

djsupreme you have pm

I had the same problem. With a 200MB system partition the ROM and gapps fills it completely. If you flash the A2SD scripts it doesn't throw an error but fails to install them. I booted the phone and used Titanium to remove a couple of apps before flashing the A2SD scripts.

Guest Liamness

If you want your device to be more responsive from wake, you could try changing the CPU governor. The options are under settings -> performance, smartassv2 works well for me.

I had the same problem. With a 200MB system partition the ROM and gapps fills it completely. If you flash the A2SD scripts it doesn't throw an error but fails to install them. I booted the phone and used Titanium to remove a couple of apps before flashing the A2SD scripts.

Sounds like you either need to remove more stuff from the ROM before flashing the scripts, or use a different TPT.

Edited by Liamness

Guest Keeper-ZTE

Just one word: Amazing!

I have Atlas W modell (Hungarian Telenor: ZTE Vivacity). This rom is very perfect, but i have some problem... (Yeah.. agen...):

Rear camera (ov5640) working fine, but the flash not... :unsure:

The "Camera app" have little glich, see this picture:

http://imagerz.com/QE9GC0tvAwMAUFtLQAVQ

I think the preview picture "right" side "slips".

Yeah... front camera (ovm7690) and FM radio(Si4708 ??? :blush: ) driver missing, i know... and Open Max integrity layer will newer by relalesed.

Sum: Big thanks for all the work! Waiting for next update! :P :D

Guest markhuges

Hello, i am new to this, site,

I have a question: Has anyone tried this on the Phone : T-Mobile Vivacity

How does it work?, does it improve the battery, is there any Lagg? Thank You

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Flashed from FNC back to CM9 and the phone tends to crash a lot and needs to have a battery pull to get it working again. I've underclocked it to 122-480 and I'm running smartassv2 governor, any ideas?

Guest chris231

i've found this to be extremely stable.

did you wipe all the partitions first: dalvik, cache, data etc

before flashing

after flashing use the standard setup on the clocking and governer for a while to see if it runs OK.

Guest cartwheelbob

Flashed from FNC back to CM9 and the phone tends to crash a lot and needs to have a battery pull to get it working again. I've underclocked it to 122-480 and I'm running smartassv2 governor, any ideas?

i've found this to be extremely stable.

did you wipe all the partitions first: dalvik, cache, data etc

before flashing

after flashing use the standard setup on the clocking and governer for a while to see if it runs OK.

I found the same thing with my TMV, Curtis. Once I upgraded to CM10 all my problems were solved - even overclocked.

Guest high_priest

I found the same thing with my TMV, Curtis. Once I upgraded to CM10 all my problems were solved - even overclocked.

is there a version of CM10 for the SFII?

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I did a full wipe, I always follow the 'no wipe, no whine' rule. I'll put the original clocking back on and leave it for a few days to see how it goes. I would use CM10 but the lack of a2sd and camera issues are a problem for me!

Thanks for the help guys.

Guest cartwheelbob

I did a full wipe, I always follow the 'no wipe, no whine' rule. I'll put the original clocking back on and leave it for a few days to see how it goes. I would use CM10 but the lack of a2sd and camera issues are a problem for me!

Thanks for the help guys.

In CM10 A2SD works! (although GUI doesn't) and rear camera works too (just not with stock app)

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

In CM10 A2SD works! (although GUI doesn't) and rear camera works too (just not with stock app)

It does?!

I'll have a look into it, thank you.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Hello.

My phone has crashed 5 times in the space of 4 hours. It's getting annoying but I love the ROM too much.

Any one know how I can try to make it a bit more stable? I've under-clocked it to 122-480 and use the governor 'ONDEMAND' but I'm still having issues.

Thanks

Guest Liamness

I doubt underclocking it, or really changing the processor from its defaults at all will make it more stable. Maybe it's a background app trying to do something when you wake. Could try looking at the list of running apps. Maybe you installed the ROM incorrectly, and didn't wipe before flashing? Make a note of what you were doing with the phone when it crashes, see if you can spot a pattern of some sort?

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I always do a full wipe before flashing new roms. I've flashed back to CM7 for the time being, I'll reflash my CM9 backup later to try and see if I can sort anything out.

Thanks

Hello,

I am a total noob and want to know, if i can just intall this rom like in the tutorial on the firts page, with google apps and without changing partition size, and if it supports all alnguages, in my case german, thanks in advance, gbosh

Edit: My system partition size is stock (220 MB)

Edited by gbosh

Hey guys!

Wondering if anyone can help me, I changed from FnC to CM9 (took ages to get a2sd working, no idea why) but I've noticed video playback can be pretty laggy or non existent, doesn't matter what format it's in, if it's on youtube or any browser :( I use my phone to watch a lot of videos and TV and this has me puzzled! I have flash player 10.2 installed and on the vivacity :)

Thanks!

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Hey guys!

Wondering if anyone can help me, I changed from FnC to CM9 (took ages to get a2sd working, no idea why) but I've noticed video playback can be pretty laggy or non existent, doesn't matter what format it's in, if it's on youtube or any browser :( I use my phone to watch a lot of videos and TV and this has me puzzled! I have flash player 10.2 installed and on the vivacity :)

Thanks!

That's explained in the second post :

Not Working:

• Panorama
  • Hardware decoding (and probably never will work)
  • Front Camera

Qualcomm can't/won't release proper working drivers for our phone (and many others) so hardware decoding of video will never work properly on our phones, that goes for CM10 too.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Ahh sorry, I did see the second post but wasn't too sure what hardware decoding meant :) I'm very much a 'follow this guide step by step' android noob!