Phone won't turn on just vibrates.

Guest ragzta

Guest ragzta

Hello,

I have been running an acer liquid metal rooted and with T&L ROM for a couple of months with no issues.

Today I charged my phone and went to unlock it when the phone switched itself off and then on again. The page hung on the android robot skateboarding and then switched off again.

I switched the phone on and now i get a blanc screen and the phone constantly vibrates.

I can get the phone into USB download mode (but as usb debugging is not activated I can't do anything). I can also get it into SD download mode but it states;

SD Image downoad Procedure.. Failed! IMAGE_DIR_NOT_FOUND

Any idea why this has happened and also how I can fix this problem?

Thanks,

Ragzta

Guest Lens_flare

Oo

something went wrong with your bootloader..

let's try to reflash rom with acer_ug folder(special sd flashing archive, see flashing methods) .

Guest ragzta

Oo

something went wrong with your bootloader..

let's try to reflash rom with acer_ug folder(special sd flashing archive, see flashing methods) .

Hi Lens,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I have tried to reflash using the acer_ug folder with no luck. Do you have any other suggestions?

It's possible that I did it incorrectly as I did struggle. From my understanding it has to be a .bin file in the acer_ug folder and so I downloaded one from this site. It seemed like it might have been working but after the phone reset once the sd download was completed, it just started vibrating again.

Thanks again for your help, it's much appreciated

Guest Lens_flare

don't know how exactly our sd flashing works, should be described somewhere..

try to access recovery/fastboot/usb dload mode then it could be flashed with acer download tool edited by Ma.

or with custom/stock-based rom if you got into recovery/fastboot (ask for system and boot.img to flash somewhere over flashing thread)

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Pinguy

Sounds like you may have a few corrupted files on the SD or the SD is on its way out. Try reformatting the SD card once you have copied what you what of it and try reinstalling the firmware.

Guest ragzta

don't know how exactly our sd flashing works, should be described somewhere..

try to access recovery/fastboot/usb dload mode then it could be flashed with acer download tool edited by Ma.

or with custom/stock-based rom if you got into recovery/fastboot (ask for system and boot.img to flash somewhere over flashing thread)

Thanks for all your help Lens. Unfortunately nothing has worked so I have flashed the official acer software and will be returning to acer. No idea why this has happened and I hope acer will be able to repair the phone.

Thanks once again for your help.