Bricked Skate/ Orange Monte Carlo after using de-branded ROM

Guest utternoob

Guest utternoob

Hi all

As this is my first post, please forgive my lack of knowledge. Today I decided to install Skatie, I liked it but it wasn't quite what I wanted. I then went and downloaded the debranded ROM from here: http://montecarlophone.co.uk/orange-monte-carlo/debrand-install-custom-rom/how-to-debrand-install-custom-rom-orange-monte-carlo-zte-skate/. Thinking that it wpuld all be OK, I then used the Skatie re-boot tool to then install the de-branded ROM. It installed OK, but then proceeded to show the standard android splash screen on turn on, even when plugged in. Have I bricked it, or is there something I can do to fix it?

Terry

After finding the file on another memory card from the website, I tried to install again and it then said install complete. The standard android splash screen then appeared. Not sure what it is doing. Has anyone yested this ROM before? And if so, how good is it and why does it take forever to boot up first time?

Edited by utternoob

Guest razzmataz1478

Hi all

As this is my first post, please forgive my lack of knowledge. Today I decided to install Skatie, I liked it but it wasn't quite what I wanted. I then went and downloaded the debranded ROM from here: http://montecarlopho...rlo-zte-skate/. Thinking that it wpuld all be OK, I then used the Skatie re-boot tool to then install the de-branded ROM. It installed OK, but then proceeded to show the standard android splash screen on turn on, even when plugged in. Have I bricked it, or is there something I can do to fix it?

Terry

After finding the file on another memory card from the website, I tried to install again and it then said install complete. The standard android splash screen then appeared. Not sure what it is doing. Has anyone yested this ROM before? And if so, how good is it and why does it take forever to boot up first time?

Did you TPT?

Guest utternoob

Did you TPT?

No, but re-installed Skatie, then put rom above on it. Changed to Blue Ginger by tilal6991 this morning. Good, but can anyone recommend any others that are similar and will advance the experience. Like it but something doesn't seem right

No, but re-installed Skatie, then put rom above on it. Changed to Blue Ginger by tilal6991 this morning. Good, but can anyone recommend any others that are similar and will advance the experience. Like it but something doesn't seem right

Blue Ginger!

That rom is old,you should be using up to date roms like AtomicMOd or AtomICS.